What type of hair do you use with your braids?

nijilah

Hi everyone,

I have always used kanekalon and had great results when taking my braids out. Of course, I sprayed my braids everyday morning.

This time, I am thinking about using the pony hair. Has anyone ever used this type of hair and what were your results?

I am asking because when I did the kinky twists last summer, my hair was quite dry when I took the braids out only after 6 weeks! Eventhough I sprayed my hair twice a day, the kinky hair made my hair dry. My co-worker wore kinky twists through the entire summer - she got them done 3 times - and her hair, which was already near bra strap, grew longer and stronger and it was not dry. I guess we are all different.

ms_kenesha

I've used kankelon hair in the past. The standard kinky twist hair (marley something it's called) is drying to most people's hair and will saw at it like little knives. If you're going to get kinky twists (this message is for EVERYONE) get a softer hair to twist with, the dryer, harder hair will mess most people's hair up. It did when I had them and I was allergic to it as well and it gave me a rash on the back of my neck!!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I use kanekalon hair for single braids and cornrows. I use pony hair for tree braids. I like the pony hair for the tree braids because it has more body and bounce.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
for micros i use human hair. for bigger(pencil size) braids i use synthetic(kanekolen)

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought human hair was kanekalon...

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Poohbear, humain hair can be styled just as if it is your own hair. This is not the case with kanekalon. It will burn up if you apply direct heat to it.

cocoa2122

hey...there is a thread on here about toyokalon (pony) hair. Most of the reviews about it were negative. I would stick to kanekalon or human hair.

katie

Is it ok to use human hair for braids?I heard it unravels and frizzes easily when you wash it

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
Is it ok to use human hair for braids?I heard it unravels and frizzes easily when you wash it

[/ QUOTE ]
Im wondering the same thing...has anyone used human hair for braids???

Karonica

From the time I did my own, I used prebraided hair which saved me a year on braiding
, and I left most of the hair open, only plaiting a few inches down from the root.