what was the first haircare board you joined??????

The very first one I joined was BHM. I heard about this site form them and joined a few months later. BHM went down and I found BBBH. Was there for quite awhile and it will remian my home site. Since then Ive joined Nappturality and naturallycurly. Wow, 5 forums... Yep Im obsessed....

The first hair site I found was BHM and I heard about LHCF from them. So I came over here and realize things were more up to speed.

The first hair board I joined was BHM in August 2004. I was so excited that I'd finally found a black hair forum! I had been looking for useful sites for a while, with no luck.
Then they changed their policy to avoid trolls, you had to e-mail them to ask be allowed the rights to post, I did this, but still couldn't post any more. I didn't bother asking again.
I had been lurking here so paid the $5 and joined.
I'm also a member on NC.
I registered for Nappturality just to see what it was like, was too scared to post though and I've either forgotten my password or my account has been deleted.
I also lurk on TLHC.

I joined BBBH 1st (I'm there as bklynsfinest73 :) ), then I joined/lurked here. I decided to not be a cheapskate :)lachen: ) and pony up the $5 so I can fully participate.

Sistaslick said:
The first board I saw was this one and I lurked everyday, but I joined my first board, BHM around the same time in 2004. Then the "pay to play" policy came into effect over here- so I kinda sat back and waited. After the money laundering/adult XXX scandals resulted in the downfall of BHM- I joined Black Beauty, Black Hair-- and thats my main hangout to this day:D I later joined Hairtalk,then I officially joined here.

I think I joined nc.com first, then np.com and this one. I just joined once I knew for sure I was transitioning--I didn't care much about hair at all before then. :blush:

First Nappturlality in 2003 and I still a member there and will definately always be. That's my home away from home. ;)

Also joined here in 03, but after payment became a required for posting I stopped visiting. I returned here sometime last year and I'm posting away now. Still pondering renewal though.

Naturallycurly in 04, stayed around for about half a year. The non-hair boards were most interesting than the hair boards. I haven't returned there.

Joined Diasphora last year and I enjoy it. It's different than most other boards. So far so good.

So that makes 4 boards for me and 3 are current.

Last edited:
The first one was nappturality.com in july 2005 very helpful and instructive, then I found LHCF in end of august 2005, and yeah here it was about health and growth (LONGhcf), so here I am!;)

BHM 04- Where i first saw jamerican girl she cracks me up
Tytecurl.com- forgotten my username
africanhair.com- was just getting good when the forum just disappeared
Diaspora- i've forgotten my username/password
Black hair black beauty or something- forgotten my username
Nappturality!- Met some great people here IRL. My kind of vibe
LHCF- joined 05 only paid/posted 07.
Happycurls- lurk, a bit kind of clique for my tastes.I'm in to hair styling not really curl products.
Naturallycurlly- been on once or twice, didn't like the racist undertones.
NP and LHCF and BHM are my main girls.

Divalicious said:
I was a member of african black hair....or something like that. They were really into wave nouveau.

I ve never met anyone else who was on there! There was a wave nouveau crew! LOl!!!

Dang! Ya'll be diggin up some threads.

This was my first board and while I'm a member of others this is the only one I frequent.

sweetwhispers said:
I ve never met anyone else who was on there! There was a wave nouveau crew! LOl!!!

:lachen: I was fascinated. They were really into it. I thought it went away in the 80s. At one point, I was seriously considering getting one too :lol:

I think I joined BHM first then found out about LHCF. I mainly post here. I go there every now and again but I like the easy of navigation over here.

Nappturality was the first hairboard I joined. It was through there that I found out about LHCF and joined a couple of months later. I am member of a few hair boards but I am most active on this one.

Andrea' said:
For me, It was Relaxed Hair Care Forum. It was very popular back in the day

Me too. I didn't post much. But I lurked a lot. That's how I found LHCF.

I stopped visiting after one of their pop-ups gave my computer a virus.

I reviewed several sites, but I noticed that I kept coming back to LHCF lurking around so I joined here, and I am happy I did.

I first joined ezboard...blackhairblackbeauty. After a couple of months i discovered LHCF and have been here since.

My sister told me about black hair care media but she was too little too late. I could of learned so much a long time ago...oh well. Then someone spoke of LHCF and I ventured over here and was hooked:)

I was addicted to Robin's Crown & Glory site but that one is strictly information, no joining. I used that as my guide for about a year. this is the first one I have joined and I just kinda stumbled across it from googling.

Back