what was your worst product experience?

Porosity Control Moisturizing Conditioner--it left my hair matted
Nexxus Dandress (sp?--the dandruff shampoo)--dried the hell out of my hair.
Paul Mitchell Hair Repair Treatment--left my hair tangled

My God, the worst for me was using Wonder 8 Hot Oil. The first time I used it, I put in my hair and then rinsed it out. The oil, turned white in my hair and I had to wash and wash until it came out. When I blew it out, one side was full of static and oil and kept breaking off each time I ran the blowdryer (comb) through it(I had a perm back then). I ended up with half thin hair and half thick hair. I had to cut everything off to about 2 inches of hair on my head! Luckily for me, my hair grows fast and in 6 months, it was back to shoulder length.
smile.gif

Burt's Bees Avocado hair mask. Turned my hair into a tangled web that took forever to detangle. I was so frustrated and angry. I will never forget it and it happened YEARS ago. That stuff should be banned.

Didn't read through all the threads so I am certain this one is on the list but it's worth repeating ....ahem...drum roll puleeeze!

*PINK FRICKEN OIL MOISTURIZER*

I used that crap more than once and my dumb butt could never make the connection btwn it and my dry a$$ hair and constantly itchy scalp...btw...how can hair be dry and hard yet greasy to the touch at the same time?
spinning.gif
I would scratch till my head was sore and raw....that stuff made my hair break like crazy but I was young and didn't realize it. Worse yet I use to use it everday and wash once a week...Hair forgive me and thank you for staying on my head. I should be bald I tell ya!

That is some horrid stuff...There ought to be a law!
mad.gif

Just For Me Relaxer (first one I ever got)

I HATED THAT CRAP. (1) I didn't want a perm in the first place (2) It burned the mess out of me (3) my hair was underprocessed for the LONGEST ... just for me was NOT for me.

A permanent hair color remover called Uncolor.. Watch out girls.. I had to chop off ALL my hairoff to two inches after this stuff melted it
smile.gif
Oh yeah it turned my hair to white straw too

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
A permanent hair color remover called Uncolor.. Watch out girls.. I had to chop off ALL my hairoff to two inches after this stuff melted it
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Elasta QP Mango Butter

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that sista girl! Straight up garbage
barf.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Falon said:
[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
Yes, I like to leave on the wild side...

Tigi Bed Head Ego Boost Split Ender Mender! My ends are still recovering from it. This stuff made the tips of my strands so hard...and caused my ends to split even more. I moisturized till the day's end...and it still did nothing to help my ends. Glad I stopped using it before it caused any more damage.

In my zeal to use the $10 off coupon at the Vitamin Shoppe, I bought Aubrey's Aloe Essence poo for damaged hair. OMG!
shocked.gif
This stuff stripped my hair and left it so tangled.... I was really shocked at how tangled it was. I don't like this poo. The only benefit from it is that my hair now is very full and has lots of body, but I will strictly use this as a clarifying poo.

Oh, well. It was only 80 some odd cents. (thank God!)
smirk.gif

Nature's Gate Herbal conditioner (brown). I used it to do a conditioner wash and boy did I ever regret even looking at it in the store. My hair was a HARD, stripped and tangled mess. I had to do I don't know how many deep conditions and washes to get my hair back to normal. I wouldn't even give this stuff to anybody...

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Elasta QP Mango Butter

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that sista girl! Straight up garbage
barf.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
rofl.gif

HASK PLACENTA! Initially when putting it in my hair, I liked it because it felt like it sort of changed my texture (for the good). Well, it DID change my texture,...into ROUGH STRAW-LIKE NEST! It was all dry and stuff and I couldn't for the life of me bring moisture back into it!

I also HATE Elasta QP Mango Butter!
swearing.gif
angry2.gif
cheers.gif

ACV rinse....Im not sure how it works so well for everybody and leaves my hair a matted, tangled mess. I had to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner and then soak it down in leave in to soften it up! Everyone else says it makes their hair soft and shiny! AND I bought 2 bottles thinking I should stock up on it...lol. I used IC pure tea to clarify and although others claim it stips their hair, it worked fine on mine and better than the ACV! I wont try that again!

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
ACV rinse....Im not sure how it works so well for everybody and leaves my hair a matted, tangled mess. I had to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner and then soak it down in leave in to soften it up! Everyone else says it makes their hair soft and shiny! AND I bought 2 bottles thinking I should stock up on it...lol. I used IC pure tea to clarify and although others claim it stips their hair, it worked fine on mine and better than the ACV! I wont try that again!

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot about that...ACV rinse
frown.gif
that did not work on my hair at all. I got the same rseults you did when I used that stuff. Never again...

Motions oil mositurizer. It made my hair feel like straw. Since using it I have shyed away from using any of their other products.

[ QUOTE ]
Lee said:
Motions oil mositurizer. It made my hair feel like straw. Since using it I have shyed away from using any of their other products.

[/ QUOTE ]

shoot.. motions ANYTHING. i hate their products.

Silk Element moisturizing conditioner - tangly hair like you wouldn't believe.

This is not the worst product but the worst combo....using Elucence or Keracare after an ACV rinse - disaster!

Honi, I tried that silk element too....I was like moisturewhat?????????? The ppl who work at Sallys must have to sell products bc they were saying how wonderful the line is....PLEEZE!!!

Leslie, you may be onto something there. It was all nicely stacked and displayed and I picked up the jar to read the back of it. This sales woman says to me...girl that stuff is good...you should get it! I looked up and her hair was a short brittle mess. That should have given me the obvious clue that she didn't use it or anything for that matter. She was just trying to sell it. That stuff provided no moisture whatsoevah!
mad.gif

Back