what works for you?

dorothy

Hey everyone! I'm thinking of buying new hair care products. Could you guys please suggest a...
Shampoo
Conditioner
Leave-In Conditioner
Oil
Moisturizer
Deep Conditioner
Clarifying Shampoo
that works really well for you or have heard great things about. All suggestions are welcome and very appreciated.

northernbelle

What has worked for me thus far. I have been using these products since mid-late August, 2003, with the exception of the Aubrey Organics GPB, which I used for the first time on 9/28/03.

*Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo

*Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. This is a deep penetrating moisturizing treatment. I use with heat for approximately 30 minutes.

*Hairobics: Leave-In Conditioner, Hair and Scalp Booster, and Hair Oil.

I use the Leave-In on freshly shampooed wet hair, and then every other night on dry hair. I apply to the roots, and then massage into the hair. I use the Hair and Scalp Booster on freshly shampooed and conditioned hair and scalp when dry. I apply it to the scalp, and then massage into the hair. I may re-apply to the scalp at about mid-week, depending on the weather and its affect on my hair. I use the Hair Oil to moisturize the ends. I apply the Har Oil about every other night.

*Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Wrap and Set Lotion. I suppose this may be considered a leave-in. I apply this when I wet set my freshly shampooed hair, and then every night when setting dry hair.

*Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo ( for clarifying).

Protein deep penetrating treatments:
*Aubrey Organics GPB. I use heat with this one. I don't follow with a moisturizing treatment.

*Joico K-Pak ( I follow this with a moisturizing treatment). I don't use heat with this one.

northernbelle

beana3

Elasta qp creme conditioning shamp ($2.50) its made by the same company that manufactures elucence and kenra

For moisturizing Elasta's Intense condit is good, but if you want something for extreme conditioning keracare's humecto gets my vote

i use garlic shampo to clarify..but that's not my primary reason for using it.

Razac leave in is the best!

i like proclaim's hot 7 oil for multi puirpose reasons (hot oils, to mix with my daily moisturizer, for the scalp)

BB castor oil moisturizer is the best!

hth

T

Tee

Shampoo -- Breakthru Shampoo, Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

Conditioner -- LUST, Aubrey GBP, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner

Leave-In Conditioner -- Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-in, Bumble & Bumble Leave-in

Oil -- Hot 6 Oil, Avocado Oil (organic)

Moisturizer -- Khiel's Silk Groom (the new UBH Moisturizer sounds really good, but I haven't tried it yet)

Deep Conditioner -- Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm, Paul Mitchell Supercharged Moisturizer, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner mixed with Avocado Oil

Clarifying Shampoo -- L'Anza Deep Cleansing Shampoo (Kenra Clarifying Shampoo is also nice, but I prefer the more concentrated L'Anza)

[ QUOTE ]
dorothy said:
Hey everyone! I'm thinking of buying new hair care products. Could you guys please suggest a...
Shampoo
Conditioner
Leave-In Conditioner
Oil
Moisturizer
Deep Conditioner
Clarifying Shampoo
that works really well for you or have heard great things about. All suggestions are welcome and very appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

shampoo: L'anza Protein Plus Shampoo

conditioner: LUST, Kerastase Smoothing Masque, Motions Moisture Plus, Porosity Control, Aubrey Organics GPB, (Kenra is getting my interest though...)

oil: EVOO, Hot Six Oil

deep conditioner: Mizani Moisturefuse mixed with EVOO (waiting to try 10 in One to see if I likey).

Leave in: New Image Damage Free, Kiehls Silk Groom, Keracare Silken Seal, L'anza Protecshine Serum, (waiting to try Razac Leave in)

Clarifying Shampoo: L'anza Deep Cleansing.

LABETT

Shampoo-lanza protein plus-nizoral 2% precription (dandruff)
nexxus diametress-10 en 1 shampoo

conditioners-lust-10 en 1-nexxus humectress-ors hair mayo

deep contioners-joico kpak-lanza reconstructor-dudley's drc

leave-in-lanza protector-nexxus headress-infusium 23

oil-evoo

clarifying shampoo-lanza deep cleansing

diamondlady

I think Creme of Nature shampoo (for dry and damaged hair) is the best shampoo in the world. Motions is also good.

I like Healthier Hair in Bottle Oil Spray, by Carolyn Gray.

Conditioners-Motion CPR and Ultra Black Hair conditioner by Cathy Howse

Leave-ins - Aphogee Vitamin leave-in and Infusium (for dry and damaged hair).

Those are my suggestions. I hope you don't get over-whelmed.

DatJerseyDyme

[ QUOTE ]
dorothy said:
Shampoo
Conditioner
Leave-In Conditioner
Oil
Moisturizer
Deep Conditioner
Clarifying Shampoo

[/ QUOTE ]

Shampoo: Nexxus Therappe
Deep Conditioner: Nexxus Humectess, Keraphix, Emergencee (depending on your needs), Lekair Cholesterol
Leave In: Nexxus Headress, Infusium 23
Oils: EVOO, WGO, Hot 6 Oil
Clarifying Shampoo: Nexxus Aloe Rid

Can you tell I'm a big Nexxus fan? The products are a little costly, but they've never let me down!

lunalight7

Aubrey Organics Swimmers Shampoo (Clarifying)
CON (moisture and slip)
AO Sea Buckthorn & Egg, Camilia & Jasmine shampoos (moisture)
Nexxus Humectress or UANs Crema Conditioners
AO GPB & Nexxus Keraphix (Protein condits)
Razac Perfect for Perms, Nexxus Headdress, Giovanni Direct (Leave -ins)
Hot Six Oil, Keracare Essential Oil, Monoi Oil (to seal in moisture)
Keracare Silken Seal & Loreal Smooth Intense (wet hair), IC Fantasia (Dry hair) Serums

Isis

Shampoo: Nexxus Botanoil, Nexxus Therappe
Conditioner: Nexxus Humectess Moisturizing Conditioner
Deep Conditioner: Keraphix
Leave In: Nexxus Headress, Biolage
Oils: Aveda Anti-Humectant, Aveda Spray-On, Constant Care for Ends, caster oil, rosemary oil, lavender oil

(I'm another Nexxus fan)

caress

Shampoo: Redken All Soft Shampoo, Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
Conditoner: Redken All Soft Conditioner, Redken All Soft Heavy Creme, Kenra Intensive Emollient, Aussie Moist, Frizz Ease Miraculous Recovery
Leave-in: Elasta QP H-Two, KMS Silker Leave-in conditioner, Joico Integrity