How to get silkier swangy press??

africanqueen456

I pressed my sister's hair and Im not sure if because it was becuase of the humidity or the fact that I didnt blow dry on high heat/blowdry it straight enough but it wasn't silky and it didnt have enough body. I actually never been someone who flatirons becuase I always had a perm but now since I am transitioning I need help.Can someone help me??

Also can someone give me tips for making the hair almost straight before flat ironing.
Should I:
rollerset or
blowdry on high heat with tension or a comb?

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
WestNDNbeauty has shown that the more moisture in the hair before flat ironing the less likely it will absorb moisture from the air and frizz. Hence a silkier press that lasts longer :yep: She made a thread about it here.

Carisa

Thanks for this post. Im not natural or transitioning but relaxers have never straightened my hair that much. I really never flat iron because the few times i did it hasnt turned out well. I will remember this next time i do though.

MsLizziA

Thanks for this post. Im not natural or transitioning but relaxers have never straightened my hair that much. I really never flat iron because the few times i did it hasnt turned out well. I will remember this next time i do though.

I love your progress

africanqueen456

I heard that blowdrying with a brush or comb is more breakage.I tried a paddle brush but all I saw was broken hairs. So I am scared to blow dry with a brush or comb,but I belive it will straighten the hair more..

westNDNbeauty

I heard that blowdrying with a brush or comb is more breakage.I tried a paddle brush but all I saw was broken hairs. So I am scared to blow dry with a brush or comb,but I belive it will straighten the hair more..

i did follow her mothod except that she stated she blow drys on high heat I did not

Understand that trick to determining if your hair will be silky straight is the condition of your hair just before you begin the flat ironing step.

If your hair is not as straight as possible by the blow drying method, you can expect a high possibility of your hair not being as silky straight after flat ironing.

If you hair is well detangled and blow dried in small sections, that reduces the possibility of breakage in the blow drying step.

bluediamond0829

ITA with WestNDBeauty...

It just all depends on your hair.....

Usually when I blowdry my hair it does end up being very straight.

Last edited:

africanqueen456

I did do that but I also 13 months posts.I am experiencing some breakage just becuase lol. I believe next time I will try rollersetting instead of blowdrying for me and my sis. Thanks for all the reply and westndnbeauty your thread is vey informative!!