What would you suggest?

NYCQT16

Natural Again
Here's a summary of what's going on. I have issues...personal issues, financial issues, everything issues. My family life is hard, I just feel like life is closing in on me. I am aware there is Jesus, I have read the Bible, been on choir at school...but all what I've done means nothing for me for the simple fact that I don't have desire for Jesus. In my heart, when I am pissed at this world n what's going on, I don't see the point in doing good. I wanna continue on the wrong path. In my mind, I know this is wrong. I know Jesus is the only way. My mind knows I will be going to hell, my mind knows that this whas going on in my life is not my real life, that my real life is purposeful and peaceful and only through God.

So, my question is...how can I get my heart n mind to coincide? I was thinking fasting or something like that...something extreme to jolt me into the life I am to lead. I know you can't "make" your heart love Jesus but this feeling...I gotta make it go away...

Koffie

First of all, if you didn't have a desire for Jesus, then you would not feel a need to create this thread.

I do believe that you may be headed to great things if you continue on this path of feeling convicted about you thoughts and actions.

I suggest you pray and ask Jesus into your heart some more, and to remove what is keeping you and Him apart.

Have you accepted Christ? If not, then you should.

I also suggest praying that the Holy Spirit lead you to a church where you will be spiritually fed. Abide in Christ and He will in you.

Ask for a relationship with Christ if that is what you want (and I think you do), and ask in the name of the Son, Father, and Holy Spirit

You cannot live this life on your own. The path of man is destructive.

Loving God is an action, not just feeling, so I believe that you are being decieved by the evil to convince you that you don't love God enough or at all, (it happened to me :smirk: ). Now we should still strive to be blessed and I hope that you come into the Holy Spirit.

Be blessed. :)

SplashAtl

The book Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren was a life changing book for me. I would suggest reading it when you have some time. My life also changed when I realized my life was not my own. It belongs to God. I am not the one in control. So many times we try to control everything. Everytime I try to control something in my life it never works out. However, when I pray, have TRUE faith and give the situation to God....things work out everytime. He is an AWESOME, on-time God!

tweezer6

2 Corinthians 10:5 says that we are to cast down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

The battle always begins in our mind. Satan shoots us negative thoughts and imaginations that go against what the word of God says. If Satan is telling you that you are worthless, then you need to tell him that you are wonderfully and marvelously made. If Satan is making you think that you will never be delivered from your problems. Then you must confess out loud, “Many are the afflictions of the Righteous, but the Lord delivers them from them all.
You must counter negative thoughts by speaking Gods word. Daily confessions will help you with this. The devil is the father of lies. So rest assured that whatever thoughts he’s pumping into your mind they are ALL LIES.

The word of God suffocates negative thoughts. Here are some confessions:

I think no evil. I do not let evil thoughts stay in my mind. 1Cor 13.5

Whatever I think that is not of faith is sin! Rom 14.23

By the weapons of God I cast down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. By these weapons every thought is brought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. 2Cor 10.4 10.5

Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. I will not look at a woman or the image of a woman to lust for her. I will be ruthless in this area to resist this kind of sin. I will get rid of anything which provides an occasion for me to sin. Mt 5.28 5.29

I commit my works to the Lord and my thoughts will be established. Pr 16.3

We have the mind of Christ. 1Cor 2.16

In lowliness of mind I esteem others better than myself. Php 2.3

I look out not only for my own interests, but also for the interests of others. Php 2.4

I let the mind which was in Christ Jesus be in me also - that is, the mind which leads me to humble myself and obey God to the point of death. Php 2.5

I am being renewed in the spirit of my mind. Eph 4.23

I let the Word of Christ dwell in me richly in all wisdom. I sing with grace in my heart to the Lord. Col 3.16

I abide in Jesus and His Words abide in me. Jn 15.7

I abide in Christ's teachings and am really his disciple. Jn 8.31

I arm myself with the mind of Christ to suffer in the flesh for others. 1Pe 4.1

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!
Koffie said:
First of all, if you didn't have a desire for Jesus, then you would not feel a need to create this thread.

I do believe that you may be headed to great things if you continue on this path of feeling convicted about you thoughts and actions.

I suggest you pray and ask Jesus into your heart some more, and to remove what is keeping you and Him apart.

Have you accepted Christ? If not, then you should.

I also suggest praying that the Holy Spirit lead you to a church where you will be spiritually fed. Abide in Christ and He will in you.

Ask for a relationship with Christ if that is what you want (and I think you do), and ask in the name of the Son, Father, and Holy Spirit

You cannot live this life on your own. The path of man is destructive.

Loving God is an action, not just feeling, so I believe that you are being decieved by the evil to convince you that you don't love God enough or at all, (it happened to me :smirk: ). Now we should still strive to be blessed and I hope that you come into the Holy Spirit.

Be blessed. :)

Great post! She gave you good advice NYC.

andreab

tweezer6 said:
2 Corinthians 10:5 says that we are to cast down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

The battle always begins in our mind. Satan shoots us negative thoughts and imaginations that go against what the word of God says. If Satan is telling you that you are worthless, then you need to tell him that you are wonderfully and marvelously made. If Satan is making you think that you will never be delivered from your problems. Then you must confess out loud, “Many are the afflictions of the Righteous, but the Lord delivers them from them all.
You must counter negative thoughts by speaking Gods word. Daily confessions will help you with this. The devil is the father of lies. So rest assured that whatever thoughts he’s pumping into your mind they are ALL LIES.

The word of God suffocates negative thoughts. Here are some confessions:

I think no evil. I do not let evil thoughts stay in my mind. 1Cor 13.5

Whatever I think that is not of faith is sin! Rom 14.23

By the weapons of God I cast down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. By these weapons every thought is brought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. 2Cor 10.4 10.5

Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. I will not look at a woman or the image of a woman to lust for her. I will be ruthless in this area to resist this kind of sin. I will get rid of anything which provides an occasion for me to sin. Mt 5.28 5.29

I commit my works to the Lord and my thoughts will be established. Pr 16.3

We have the mind of Christ. 1Cor 2.16

In lowliness of mind I esteem others better than myself. Php 2.3

I look out not only for my own interests, but also for the interests of others. Php 2.4

I let the mind which was in Christ Jesus be in me also - that is, the mind which leads me to humble myself and obey God to the point of death. Php 2.5

I am being renewed in the spirit of my mind. Eph 4.23

I let the Word of Christ dwell in me richly in all wisdom. I sing with grace in my heart to the Lord. Col 3.16

I abide in Jesus and His Words abide in me. Jn 15.7

I abide in Christ's teachings and am really his disciple. Jn 8.31

I arm myself with the mind of Christ to suffer in the flesh for others. 1Pe 4.1

Glory to God. Hallelujah

Country gal

Thanks for starting this thread. Ladies thanks for being a good reminder of God's will and role in our lives.

mahogany

SplashAtl said:
The book Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren was a life changing book for me. I would suggest reading it when you have some time. My life also changed when I realized my life was not my own. It belongs to God. I am not the one in control. So many times we try to control everything. Everytime I try to control something in my life it never works out. However, when I pray, have TRUE faith and give the situation to God....things work out everytime. He is an AWESOME, on-time God!

Thats an excellent book to recommend, SplashAtl, I enjoyed reading that book too.

Like Koffie said, If you didn't have any desire in your heart you would have never made this thread so that's a start. The only suggestion I can make is to Pray. The answers and solutions to ALL your problems are through CHRIST.

Jesus said " I am the way and truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father
except through me." John 14:6

NYCQT16

Natural Again
Ladies thank you so much :kiss:

All of the suggestions, and words of encouragement, and scriptures have helped me tremendously. I just know it is time to do better...I just know it is. It's time for me to put these words into action.

Thank you again.