What would your SO say?

gabulldawg

I just came up with this idea. What if someone asked your SO what you do to have such a beautiful head of hair (i.e., your regimen)? Do you think he/she would know what to say? Do any of you have any stories about what your SO has said to other people about how you maintain your hair? I hope I'm making sense...

gymfreak336

I just came up with this idea. What if someone asked your SO what you do to have such a beautiful head of hair (i.e., your regimen)? Do you think he/she would know what to say? Do any of you have any stories about what your SO has said to other people about how you maintain your hair? I hope I'm making sense...

My SO has told his mom that I live under the dryer:lol: He knows what I go through but it really supportive. He can and will break down my regime if you ask. He even knows the whole protein moisture balance thing, I really have created a monster. I was running the flat iron through a couple of pieces of my hair today (the heat was on super super low) and he had the nerve to unplug it and told me I would thank him later:rolleyes:

YEah my SO is pretty supportive too!

I dont think I would go as far as to share with him some of the recipes I have particpated in :lachen: for example MN

LovelyLionessa

My SO has told his mom that I live under the dryer:lol: He knows what I go through but it really supportive. He can and will break down my regime if you ask. He even knows the whole protein moisture balance thing, I really have created a monster. I was running the flat iron through a couple of pieces of my hair today (the heat was on super super low) and he had the nerve to unplug it and told me I would thank him later:rolleyes:

Awww... that's so sweet! :drunk:

My husband was one the phone with his brother and I was whipping up a batch of henna, so he started to tell my brother in law all about my henna conditioning process! :blush::lachen:

MissMeWithThatIsh

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

You probably will! That's so bold yet cute of him!

My SO just shakes his head. He has no sisters, just 2 brothers and just doesn't understand girl stuff. I wake up looking like Goku from Dragon Ball Z, and he actually thinks it's the coolest thing ever. :look:

gabulldawg

Hahaha! THAT'S funny.

natieya

Too cute! Too cute! :lachen:

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
:spinning:My SO just says that I take great care of my hair and says that I don't "be putting that perm s^$t in all of the time" :lachen:. If they ask any other questions, he tells them to just talk to me. My SO is very supportive w/ my hair journey, never complains...he does ask alot of questions though lol!

ETA: Just a sweet thing that my SO did...he actually found a website that gave away samples of Sunslik and had it sent to my home:spinning::spinning:. I love him soooo much!

Last edited:

gymfreak336

Awww... that's so sweet! :drunk:

My husband was one the phone with his brother and I was whipping up a batch of henna, so he started to tell my brother in law all about my henna conditioning process! :blush::lachen:

Its funny how we say they don't listen but maybe they do after all.

gymfreak336

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

You probably will! That's so bold yet cute of him!

My SO just shakes his head. He has no sisters, just 2 brothers and just doesn't understand girl stuff. I wake up looking like Goku from Dragon Ball Z, and he actually thinks it's the coolest thing ever. :look:

Yeah, he is bold alright

I am mad you said goku!:lachen::lachen:

gymfreak336

Hahaha! THAT'S funny.

Man, he is never going to forget that. Lets say in 3 months, I start complaining about my ends again....He is going to be like "See, I told you so, you should have put that flat iron down in october, see what you gotten yourself into":lachen:

newflowers

My DH thinks I'm a loon. He loves the results and always wants me to roller set and wear my hair down - that he loves - but he hated the braids and is not really big on the bun. For a time, he complained about the cost of my Phyto shampoo and conditioner, but then I let him use it on his hair; now Phyto is part of the budget. He even found a site that sells a larger size of the shampoo. :lachen:

One day, he was paying attention when I was mixing the liquid and powder proteins and conditioners, he was baffled as to why I had to mix products in the conditioner. I explained and then he wanted to know why I never mixed anything for him - he was pouting because I neglected him. :drunk:

Energist

My husband knows what I do to my hair. He often tells me to leave it alone when he sees that I've bought a new product to try though!

IMFOCSD

This is too cute :lachen:

STLCoverGirl

My ex used to tell people that half his paycheck goes on hair products, and that's why my hair looks nice if someone asks.:lachen:

My current SO, I think he thinks my hair just magically looks nice, lol. I haven't let him in on all the voodoo I have to do to it, lol.

MissMeWithThatIsh

My DH thinks I'm a loon. He loves the results and always wants me to roller set and wear my hair down - that he loves - but he hated the braids and is not really big on the bun. For a time, he complained about the cost of my Phyto shampoo and conditioner, but then I let him use it on his hair; now Phyto is part of the budget. He even found a site that sells a larger size of the shampoo. :lachen:

One day, he was paying attention when I was mixing the liquid and powder proteins and conditioners, he was baffled as to why I had to mix products in the conditioner. I explained and then he wanted to know why I never mixed anything for him - he was pouting because I neglected him. :drunk:

Stop playing!!!!!!! :lachen:

aloof one

That fool... :lachen:
Lol jk. He's Mexican and I'm only the second black girl he's been with. (We dont talk about the other one :nono:)

He washes, conditions, and puts conditioner on his hair as a leave in (like a lot of natural ladies here do... I've got too much relaxed ends to even want to attempt that stuff) and it works for him. So hes always asking why I dont do it.
I know he's seen me do my hair cause I can hear him complaining that I take too long to straighten it and that I should just leave it curly or whatever it looks like. When I try to explain that I'm transitioning, he asks, why dont you just stop straightening? He doesnt get it... He also asks me all the time why I wash every 2 days (or every other day or every 3-4 days, depends) instead of everyday like him.

So that fool (and believe me, they all are) would probably come out with "She doesn't wash it everyday and she takes like an hour to straighten it and has too much hair stuff. I think she should wear it curly but she always has excuses and says its not long enough yet."

Kimberly

I don't have an "SO" but the one that I've been dating the longest would say that I "just wash and condition it". :ohwell: He really pays little to no attention