whatever....................................

collegeDoll

i have a handful of hair in my hand....

something is not right and i dont now what it is. no matter what i do, my hair is COMING OUT to the touch and its so stretchy and mushy. for the last 2 weeks. i have doing protiens and nothing is changing. this is not fun anymore. i dont enjoy my hair at all. everything i been doing and buyin is a waste of time and money. i feel as though im the ONLY one on here that is not going anywhere. WHY WHY WHY? why has it been a year and i havent gone anywhere? why do the people i tell about these hair sites ask me "well whats wrong with YOUR hair?" why have i NEVER IN MY LIFE had as much hair come out as it is now that im actually treating it good? why does protein make my hair mushy? i dont even remember the last time it looked nice. all these buns and my hair aint doing nothing. all the products and my hair aint doing nothing. all these techniques and my hair aint doing nothing. long hair, or healthy hair just wont happen for me

this is not a rant and actually im quite calm. i also dont expect any of you ladies to understand. i just felt as though i needed to get this out my system. i just honestly dont think that anyone can bring their hair back from where i am at now. that is all.

ps. i know i said my last post was gonna be the last, but i dont care. i also dont care if you feel like im just over-reacting or complaining for no reason because this i how i honestly feel deep down in my heart

something is not right and i dont now what it is. no matter what i do, my hair is COMING OUT to the touch and its so stretchy and mushy. for the last 2 weeks. i have doing protiens and nothing is changing. this is not fun anymore. i dont enjoy my hair at all. everything i been doing and buyin is a waste of time and money. i feel as though im the ONLY one on here that is not going anywhere. WHY WHY WHY? why has it been a year and i havent gone anywhere? why do the people i tell about these hair sites ask me "well whats wrong with YOUR hair?" why have i NEVER IN MY LIFE had as much hair come out as it is now that im actually treating it good? why does protein make my hair mushy? i dont even remember the last time it looked nice. all these buns and my hair aint doing nothing. all the products and my hair aint doing nothing. all these techniques and my hair aint doing nothing. long hair, or healthy hair just wont happen for me

this is not a rant and actually im quite calm. i also dont expect any of you ladies to understand. i just felt as though i needed to get this out my system. i just honestly dont think that anyone can bring their hair back from where i am at now. that is all.

ps. i know i said my last post was gonna be the last, but i dont care. i also dont care if you feel like im just over-reacting or complaining for no reason because this i how i honestly feel deep down in my heart

So sorry..stuff happens but it can be corrected with time and patience. Sounds like too much protein...moisturize your hair like crazy and see if you can fix the problem...Good luck and do not give up!
Checked out Sistaslick's post on protein/moisture balance?

stretchy and mushy sounds like too much moisture but considering u have been doiing lots of protien im not sure :perplexed

What are you using? Full details.....
Mushy, overly stretchy hair is a sign of too much moisture.

I am just getting back into taking care of my hair so I have no words of wisdom but I wanted to say that I am sorry...I am no stranger to hair frustrations. I have the thickest, curliest, yet driest hair ever and although I didn't want to I had to texlax it today and go back to my roller set and flat iron my roots. I have to do what works best for my hair. I have learned that my hair, thank heavens, will grow no matter what but I have to stick to what I know works. I am sure that there was a time when your hair was thriving and you were probably doing 1/2 of what you are doing now. Might wanna try going back to that.

Girl I understand your pain completely. My hair was doing the same thing when I first started caring for it. It was just so damaged that it took a while for me to get it healthy. The best advice I can give you is to listen to your hair. If you are consistently using the same products that are rendering the same poor results, try something else...this process may be a little costly, but it worked for me. Once I found my staple products, I was half way there, the next step was to find techniques that worked for my hair and then to incorporate both the products and techniques into a simple regimen that was reasonable enough for me to stick too. There are no magic products and it's gonna take time to see results.

Hang in there and I hope it gets better for you!!!!

Maybe you're doing too much to your hair, with all the different products and techniques.

Keeping it simple really helped me...because I was exactly where you are right now, everyone else had healthy growing hair but me. It was only after alot of trial and error, and paring down what I did and how much stuff I used, that everything fell into place.

I now have happy hair...and you will too. Please don't give up.

i wash weekly been dcing with protein for the last 2 week
moisturize daily w s-curl
i been using NTM leave-in but only like 3 times
use MN
protect. style
seal with vatika oil

hair mushy and stretchy and i cant finger comb without lots and lots of hair coming out

i just washed my hair with Queen Helene garlic shampoo
then did a aphogee 2 min. reconstructor & left it on for 10 mins= still mushy
then did a oil rinse (thought it would help, idk why)= still mushy
30 min dc (no heat) with Mane N Tail conditioner= still mushy

also throughout the whole process i went through (washin, conditioning, etc) hair was coming out

so i just combed my hair into a pony and gatered all my hair balls to throw em out

im like 9 wks post now

thanx ladies but it gonna be hard to start over. how do you simplify your reggie when you dont know what is good and what is bad?

I rotate products. I use alot of different things, but not at the same time. Take something out and see what happens.

I rotate products. I use alot of different things, but not at the same time. Take something out and see what happens.

That was going to be my suggestion. Instead of DC'ing weekly do it twice a month. And after a month if that doesn't work then cut something else out.

thanx ladies but it gonna be hard to start over. how do you simplify your reggie when you dont know what is good and what is bad?

You have to get your hair to a even baseline first. You need to get your moisture and protein balance and then you just condition to maintain it. Read the sistaslick articles for more help figuring that out.

Also, write down what you do at everywash so you can track when your problems get worse.

Ditch the S-curl and the mushiness will go away. S-curl recked havoc on my hair. I used it everyday thinking I was going to get "jheri curl growth" and my hair was waaaay toooo soft and broke so easily. I, 100%, believe that the S-Curl is the culprit.

If you can, get some Redken Anti-Snap and use that everytime you wash for about two weeks. Throw some moisture in there as well to balance everything out.

Danni you sound like I did a few months ago...I went thru a period it was too much protein. My hair was hard, and snapped a lot. However I used SCurl too and it actually made it worse. I could barely tug at my hair and it would be stretchy feeling and come out. When I put it in a pony tail still hair was coming out in strands.

1st thing I over proteined

2nd thing using Scurl was a no go for me...to much alcohol content.

I went to the whole foods store in and invested in natural poos & condish...and I am relaxed. I did lots of cowashes w/ moisture and slowly added the protein back in after a few weeks. But that just worked for me, I hope u find something quick, I wouldn't want anyone to suffer what I did...I lost a lot...but at that time didn't know what to do, til I got suggestions and read Sistaslicks protein/moisture article.

hairbrat_danni; Is it possible that you've been doing too much? I just found out that I've been doing too much to my hair. My hair has been doing okay but I thought I would help it along with cowashing and deep-conditioning. I cowash 2x a wk and deep-condition 2x a week. Too much! My hair is now suffering from overconditioning -(protein overload) I just had a hairdresser braid and sew some tracks in my hair because I'm so over it. I was scheduled to go in and get a retouch next week but won't be doing that now. I will just be stretching my relaxer by keeping my hair braided and doing nothing else to it.

Too much too soon. I guess I got a little zealous trying to grow my hair!

i too feel as if the S-curl should go! I'm natural and the s-curl put my hair through mushy hell! Try replacing it with a light butter... have you ever tried elasta qp mango butter or qhemet biologics burdot root(sp)? Also, maybe you should try a leave-in with more protein in it.. i like infusium a lot, but i only use it when my hair feels mushy. OR if you feel like hoping on the ayurveda track, i've used Kalpi-tone and that makes my hair feel waaay stronger! In addition to all the ladies who have used henna and noticed hair that was stronger. and my last suggestion would be to try a hardcore aphogee treatment. Hope I helped

S-curl messed me up too. You may want to see what happens if you take that out of your reggie. What are you using as your protein conditioner?

My suggestion is to clarify, do the hard aphogee treatment (not the reconstructor) ollowed by a good DC and ditch the scurl. Find a lighter moisturizer cream or shea butter.

Always look at the ingredients of your products, exactly why I never used S-curl or many other popular products on here.
Certain ingredients can be harmful to the hair.

You have to get your hair to a even baseline first. You need to get your moisture and protein balance and then you just condition to maintain it. Read the sistaslick articles for more help figuring that out.

Also, write down what you do at everywash so you can track when your problems get worse.

ITA. Writing down what I do to my hair helps. I can go back and pin point the good, the bad & the ugly.

Also, keep your regimen simple, poo, conditioner, (deep con/protein con), leave-in, moisturizer & oil sealant.

JBH

Danni...by the looks of things, it seems like these sistahs figured out what needs to go...the S Curl. I've never used, dare I say, jherri curl juice, so I had no idea of what it could do on hair w/o the curl. The answers seem to explain the "mushy" thing you were talking about. Most folks OD on protein, but it sounds like it's moisture that's your problem.

If you're gonna use Aphogee, go for the sho nuff no joke "Treatment for Damaged Hair". It dries like a rock and smells like death, but it WORKS. Knocks breakage right out in it's tracks.

Last edited:
Go to Sally Beauty Supply and purchase the LOREAL HAIR FIXER in the Blue box. Its one of the only professional leave in conditioners on the market. Its made to be used often and then used after longer periods of time because its made for professional use. You can use it weekly at first then you need to switch to using it every few weeks.

You may have to go to different Sally stores as this item sells out so fast that I usually buy 2 or three packages.

Or online:

http://www.cosmeticmall.com/product_detail.aspx?rcd=datafeed_googlebase&product_variation_id=370210

This is the closest thing to scientifically building your hair back molecule by molecule. The more damage the better it works... thats why as your hair recovers you use it less

details of how it works is here

http://www.hairproducts.com/view_product_CON-LOR116.htm

I just got up and saw that you use S-Curl. :ohwell:

That stuff made my hair a nightmare...it became mushy and brittle at the same time, and broke off like crazy. I know some ladies use it successfully but my hair hated it.
Try taking that out of your regi first.

i wash weekly been dcing with protein for the last 2 week
moisturize daily w s-curl
i been using NTM leave-in but only like 3 times
use MN
protect. style
seal with vatika oil

hair mushy and stretchy and i cant finger comb without lots and lots of hair coming out

i just washed my hair with Queen Helene garlic shampoo
then did a aphogee 2 min. reconstructor & left it on for 10 mins= still mushy
then did a oil rinse (thought it would help, idk why)= still mushy
30 min dc (no heat) with Mane N Tail conditioner= still mushy

also throughout the whole process i went through (washin, conditioning, etc) hair was coming out

so i just combed my hair into a pony and gatered all my hair balls to throw em out

im like 9 wks post now

S-curl made my natural hair too mushy, so I can imagine it'd be worse for some relaxed heads. My suggestion Back to basics: 1ce a week

Wash with a chelating shampoo (ORS Aloe Rid works for me)
Use a regular DC (Your Queen Helene sounds good)
Use any light moisturiser you have
Seal with your vatika
put hair in bun and LEAVE ALONE

Use light moisturiser every other day and seal

Give it a few weeks and see what happens

Also pick one product and try to stick with that for about a month. With the protein, mn and everything else u may have overloaded ur hair. Trust girlie I have done it and Lord I thought I was going to be bald.

Thxs to the ladies here I picked one product (creme of nature shampoo and condish) and used that. I clarified and just left my hair alone for awhile so that it could come back and it did. I stopped using the products I was using bx I didn't know which was the culprit. Anoint ur head with some oil pray and just let it relax.

Good luck:dance7:

Doggone it, now I'm confused!! I have the S-curl, rarely use it because it seems to make my roots mesh together so only use it on the length for quick moisture. I have my balance in check but why is the OP over moisturized when she uses so much protein:perplexed?

Back