DC on dry hair is the BOMB!!

The directions on my lavender hair butter say to DC on dry hair. I'm using the juice so I'm anxious about doing a dryer dc with a flammable head, but I'm dying to try it. I just don't want to catch fire.
girl i almost lost the contents that were in my mouth. :lachen:This ish right here :lachen:

Thats really all I wanted to say. :lachen:I dont know why I havent been paying attention whenever anyone mentioned DC'ing on dry hair, but I did it for the first time today, and my hair feels like BUTTER!! I kept rinsing it for like 15 min, because it was so soft that I thought there was still product left in it! lol Im gonna try and stop myself from doing it again tonight!! I dont want my hair to get mushy but, GOOD LORD I love the feeling of soft, moisturized hair!!:grin:

girl im so glad!!! i told you DC on dry hair was the shyt :yep: i love it. i never use Water to DC ever!!!

girl i almost lost the contents that were in my mouth. :lachen:This ish right here :lachen:

LOL! I just want to be safe! The juice is awesome, but it's hazardous. You already have sisters falling down and dropping stuff. I don't want to be the one who ends up :burning:!!!!

I'm washing on Sunday, and I'm going to lay off the juice 48 hours in advance just to be sure.

OMG! I tried this method for the first time about a month ago...the best thing I ever did for my hair. It saves so much time and energy. What I do is the conditioner on my hair, a plastic cap, old satin bonnet, hat and workout for about 90 mins....the best hair ever!

I've sort of been dcing on dry hair all along, I guess? I mix AOHSR with EVOO, evco, avocado oil, honey, and some other products and let it sit on my dry hair for at least an hour. Then I would shampoo, apply my staple DC(protein based) and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes. Then rinse that out and apply a cheapie condish for slip. DCing to me means using heat....but my hair is always sooo soft after the prepoo mixture.

After reading this thread, I'm going to apply my staple protein DC on dry hair with all the added oils, etc and sit under the dryer for 30 minutes. Then I can just rinse this out and apply my moisturizing condish(AOHSR) and be done! Much simplier than before!!!!

Okay Ya'll................ I've been 'heavy' all up in this Thread for the Past 2 Days....:look:

You've Convinced Me. So, starting next 'wash day' I will begin DC'ing on Dry Hair. And following up with a quick co-wash afterwards.:yep:

Reversing my current order.:grin:

I did it today and I can't believe I've been missing out!
I DCd on dry hair, rinsed, did a shampoo, a quick protein treatment, rinsed, put a cheapie condish in and detangled under the running water (I lost less hair and it was easier). I then did a final rinse with my ACV mixture and a roller set.

I didn't have to jump in and out of the shower and my hair feels a bit softer.

I'm never going to DC on wet hair again... well, I will when I clarify :rolleyes:

I'm dcing on dry hair for the first time right now. I took my kinky twists with extensions out and smothered my hair in Organics Olive Oil Deep Conditioner mixed with coconut oil, Africa's Best Herbal Oil, rosemary eo, tea tree oil and a little mega-tek. Once applied, I combed throught and the tangles just slide out. There was not much hair in the comb. I then wrapped my hair in cling film (cling wrap) and will leave in over night and shampoo and condition tomorrow morning.

I DC'd on dry hair today and it was AMAZING. Even while I was putting the deep conditioner (ORS Replenshing Pak- smells SO GOOD) in, I was lovin' it! And when I washed it out? Girl, yes! This will definitely be a staple practice for me from now on. :yep:

Do those who DC with steam also see doing it on dry hair as more beneficial?

Funny you would ask this...I actually did this with my Baba De Caracol Hair Loss Treatment...the instructions state to use on wet hair before shampooing ...so I put it on dry hair and let the steam wet it....I could definitely tell the difference between doing this versus what the instructions state....either way still left my hair with a lot of slip and my hair feeling great but with the steam - it was much softer....

Can't wait to see the long term effects...

After finding LHCF, I realized that I wasn't DC'ing as often as I should b/c I hated jumping in and out of the shower. So I started DC'ing on dry hair and I never looked back. When I plan correctly, I oil my hair w/ EVCO the day before wash day. This is to keep my hair from swelling up and contracting too much due to water uptake.

On wash day, I mix AOHSR and Kenra MC 50:50, w/ a tablespoon of honey and EVOO. I slather that on from root to tip, cover w/ a plastic cap and rinse out after about 6 hours or sleep in it overnight.

Then I do a cowash w/ V05 moisture milks mixed w/ baking soda and water to scrub my scalp, then a final rinse w/ Giovanni SAS.

I'm transitioning and so my new growth is ridic. I never lose more than a dime size ball of hair and that's after being in a braid out or bun w/out detangling all week.

DC'ing on dry hair is my life saver. I could not transition any other way. Now all I need is a steamer.....

Last edited:
I'm surprised DC on dry hair is mentioned that much. It stops you from jumping in and out of the shower and it makes detangling a little bit easier. It should be promoted more.

I rinsed the conditioner out this morning and shampooed with Aveda's Brilliant shampoo then conditioned with Motions Moisture Plus (This has been in my bathroom for almost a year. I bought it for my mum when she was visiting and she didn't get around to using it and I didn't want to throw it away). My new growth is soft and easier to comb through. I'm in moisture mode right now as I have been using Mega-Tek for two weeks and as it is high in protein, I thought more moisture was needed. I will definitely continue to dc on dry hair.

Ok Ladies, I have a question:

Are you DC'ing on "Clean" Dry Hair? For instance, today is Friday, since Monday, I have been moisturizing my and sealing my hair daily with moisturizer and oil. Sometimes in between i may apply gel or some other styling agent to my air.

So when Saturday rolls around and I want to DC on dry hair, would I do this on my 'dirty' dry hair?

So again, is everyone DC'ing with 100% clean hair or hair that is not quite clean?

i tired this for the first time last night and loved it. I DC on dry hair overnight with Alter Ego Garlic, then in the morning washed out. I did an aphogee 2 min treatment then washed out with Alter Ego Nourishing Meduim conditioner and I am curently air drying under my wig. My hair felt very soft and was easy to comb through. I will be doign this more. This weeked i will do a protein dc on dry hair.

I have an alter ego hook up if anyone wants more info PM me.

Are you DC'ing on "Clean" Dry Hair? For instance, today is Friday, since Monday, I have been moisturizing my and sealing my hair daily with moisturizer and oil. Sometimes in between i may apply gel or some other styling agent to my air.

So when Saturday rolls around and I want to DC on dry hair, would I do this on my 'dirty' dry hair?

So again, is everyone DC'ing with 100% clean hair or hair that is not quite clean?

I wash my hair every week. I dry DC on not so clean hair.
However, I don't use that much product on my hair so I can't really answer that question for you.

I'm doing the :bump: for you.

Okay.....I Plan to Start Employing the DC on 'Dry' Hair Method Next week. It will be on my regular Wash-Day, so my hair won't be 'clean' but it will be 'Dry'.:look:

Okay.....I Plan to Start Employing the DC on 'Dry' Hair Method Next week. It will be on my regular Wash-Day, so my hair won't be 'clean' but it will be 'Dry'.:look:

Yes, me too. I use a lot of product (2 kinds of shea butter, "juice", and wild growth) so I'm concerned. I will try this with a few different conditioners and oils and see how it works. The directions on my new favorite butter said to use it as a dry DC treatment but I wonder how effective it will be if I've been using the butter and other products all week.

For those that pre-poo: Do you use the same product to pre-poo as you do to DC? I use Vatika the night before as a pre-poo. Could I just add more the next day and then dry DC?

Yes, me too. I use a lot of product (2 kinds of shea butter, "juice", and wild growth) so I'm concerned. I will try this with a few different conditioners and oils and see how it works. The directions on my new favorite butter said to use it as a dry DC treatment but I wonder how effective it will be if I've been using the butter and other products all week.

For those that pre-poo: Do you use the same product to pre-poo as you do to DC? I use Vatika the night before as a pre-poo. Could I just add more the next day and then dry DC?

["how effective it will be if I've been using the butter and other products all week"]

I wonder this also. maybe more will chime in...

I don't know if I want to DC on hair that is not clean though. So does it make sense to wash my hair and let it air dry like usual (maybe with a little leave in on it, so that my hair doesn't dry to a crisp lol) and then when it gets dry do the DC? Or is that too much?

And I usually wash my hair on Saturday, so I don't mind doing the DC on Sunday if I have to. I will not have as much product buildup in my hair like usual.

Last edited:
Here's My Plan:

I'm gonna DC'n on Dry Hair.:look:

Because, I am currently using a 'Pre-Poo' Treatment of Red Palm Oil/Cream *kind of an Ojon Restorative Conditioning Treatment* that require you to use it on: dry, unwashed hair.:yep:

So, I plan to apply the Restorative Treatment (on dry unwashed hair as per the instructions), but the DC on top, Steam, Rinse and then do a lightweight finishing rinse as a quick Co-Wash.

The only time I 'really' use Shampoo is to Clarify, maybe once every 1-2 months.

Imma see how it works.:ohwell: Currently I DC after my Restorative Treatment & Co-Wash.

So, Imma just reverse it next week as a 'test'.:yep:

"I am currently using a 'Pre-Poo' Treatment of Red Palm Oil/Cream *kind of an Ojon Restorative Conditioning Treatment* that require you to use it on: dry, unwashed hair..."

This sounds so good!
Can you elaborate on this treatment? Is it a commercial product or a homemade concoction? If so, would you share the recipe? TIA

Back