whatever....................................

Doggone it, now I'm confused!! I have the S-curl, rarely use it because it seems to make my roots mesh together so only use it on the length for quick moisture. I have my balance in check but why is the OP over moisturized when she uses so much protein:perplexed?

aphogee 2 min. reconstructor and mane n tail conditioner are not heavy proteins.

You've only been here for a month, and you're giving up already?!?
Missy come back here! I was discouraged when i first got here, too. I had no idea what products worked for me, my ends were depressing, my hair was always dry, yadda yadda ya.

But I stuck it out, followed suggestions, and now here i am, probably about to strike APL with my next relaxer touch up!

The main thing with this hair stuff is you've got to give it time. There is no overnight, miracle fix that will make your hair longer, stronger, and healthy. Following good advice, and giving a bit of time for that advice to work for you is KEY in getting the long, healthy hair you want.

You've only been here for a month, and you're giving up already?!?
Missy come back here! I was discouraged when i first got here, too. I had no idea what products worked for me, my ends were depressing, my hair was always dry, yadda yadda ya.

But I stuck it out, followed suggestions, and now here i am, probably about to strike APL with my next relaxer touch up!

The main thing with this hair stuff is you've got to give it time. There is no overnight, miracle fix that will make your hair longer, stronger, and healthy. Following good advice, and giving a bit of time for that advice to work for you is KEY in getting the long, healthy hair you want.

yea i get you. im was just a lil over-emotional last night. sorry all lol and thanx for all the help. but i been at this hair care thing for almost a year now. i was on BHM and lurking here. thats why i was spazzin last night but im calmer now lol

i have a handful of hair in my hand....

something is not right and i dont now what it is. no matter what i do, my hair is COMING OUT to the touch and its so stretchy and mushy. for the last 2 weeks. i have doing protiens and nothing is changing. this is not fun anymore. i dont enjoy my hair at all. everything i been doing and buyin is a waste of time and money. i feel as though im the ONLY one on here that is not going anywhere. WHY WHY WHY? why has it been a year and i havent gone anywhere? why do the people i tell about these hair sites ask me "well whats wrong with YOUR hair?" why have i NEVER IN MY LIFE had as much hair come out as it is now that im actually treating it good? why does protein make my hair mushy? i dont even remember the last time it looked nice. all these buns and my hair aint doing nothing. all the products and my hair aint doing nothing. all these techniques and my hair aint doing nothing. long hair, or healthy hair just wont happen for me

this is not a rant and actually im quite calm. i also dont expect any of you ladies to understand. i just felt as though i needed to get this out my system. i just honestly dont think that anyone can bring their hair back from where i am at now. that is all.

ps. i know i said my last post was gonna be the last, but i dont care. i also dont care if you feel like im just over-reacting or complaining for no reason because this i how i honestly feel deep down in my heart
i have not read the rest of the responses yet, and i am new hair but you sound so much like myself in the past when i had done research and tried everything under the sun and still combed gobs of hair out - it is quite fustrating and i def understand - i just want to tell you to please NOT GIVE UP! I bet the solution to your problem is a very simple one, one that you just over looked - far be it from my experience level to to you what that is, but trust me.... if my hair can be saved, and for the first time in a very long time, i do believe it can - - - i am pretty sure you can solve this.

once again thanx too EVERYONE that is trying to help me. i read all the responses and im gonna try to drop the s-curl and use less products so i can figure this thing out and what is causing problems. i printed this out too and made my first hair journal entry last night. i dont want anyone to think i want a miricle to come and make my hair MBL overnight. i have no problem workin for it cause i know how proud of myself i will be when i get there. i just had a mini drama queen moment, as my mom would say. also i gotta stop obsessing over my growth and just bun it and let it do what it do lol.

I LOVE YALL!!! lol im very thankful to have found this site and BHM

Glad you're feeling better. I have to co-sign about the S-curl though. It'll make your hair mushy. :perplexed I've reviewed it. A fairly positive review, but this is a caveat of the product.

My suggestion: Stop using all those products and only shampoo and condition your hair and air dry with coconut oil (or the oil u like), scalp massages until your hair is healthy and go see a dermatologist or trichologist or your primary care physician to make sure that your hair loss is not due to a medical condition rather than your regimen.

Maybe you're doing too much to your hair, with all the different products and techniques.

Keeping it simple really helped me...because I was exactly where you are right now, everyone else had healthy growing hair but me. It was only after alot of trial and error, and paring down what I did and how much stuff I used, that everything fell into place.

I now have happy hair...and you will too. Please don't give up.
I totally agree. Keeping it simple works wonders!

What about the garlic oil that a few ladies are making? They say it helps stop shedding.

I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE FEELING A LOT BETTER!!! I TOTALLY CONCUR WITH EVERYONE ON THE SCURL...OMIT IT FROM YOUR REGIMEN. ASAP!

I recently went through the same drama this past week and noticed more hair loss than usual and realized that the SCURL had to be the culprit.

As everyone mentioned once you got a simple regimen going...maybe prepoo, than shampoo, d/c and seal in with an oil...you'll notice a change.

Let us know your progress/result in a month after ditiching the SCURL!

:grin: It will be alright.

Doggone it, now I'm confused!! I have the S-curl, rarely use it because it seems to make my roots mesh together so only use it on the length for quick moisture. I have my balance in check but why is the OP over moisturized when she uses so much protein:perplexed?

Just a guess, but I think it's because she's sealing in the S Curl w/ the Vatika. Considering Danni's hair is relaxed, sealing in that much moisture is probably counteracting the protein. Relaxed hair can absorb alot of moisture due to it's being extra porous and the S Curl has alot of glycerin in it. She's got glycerin and coconut oil happening at the same time. This might be fine for naturals, but probably too much for most relaxed folks. :(

I agree with the others. S-curl could be the culprit. The only time I used s-curl is when I had braids. It kept my hair mosturized. Now I am using care free curl and bagging and I noticed how wet and mushy my hair was.

I too agree about the S-curl...that stuff is weird on my hair, dry, hard, mushy, just weird! I'd been lurkin' on this site for over a year and finally joined...I've tried almost everything suggested on here(Almonst). But in the end it has to be right for YOUR hair, because each of us are different. MY hair was damaged and EXTREMELY dry when I started here. I started trying different things ...some worked...SOME DID NOT!! Be patient...and keep it simple sista...keep it simple! Good Luck!

Back