What's A Good Moisturizer To Control New Growth?

Kimiche

Ladies, I've had it with my new growth. :wallbash: Moisturizers work fine when my hair is freshly relaxed or even up to 4-5 weeks post relaxer, but when my new growth kicks in and does a Bruce Lee to the moisturizer, I have a major problem. My hair is like 4b.

I have tried Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1, Qhemet amla and olive heavy cream, BB Oil Moisturizer, S-Curl, Carefree Gold, Kids Organics etc.

Hawaiian Silky works ok during new growth, but I have to use a lot of the product and it doesn't tame my new growth like I would like it to.

What moisturizer are you using when your new growth comes in?

Tyra

I love the Kid's Organics on wet hair right after deep conditioning. And Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary Leave-in Creme Conditioner works well too. But when you start talking about some sho nuff new growth like at 9, 10, 11 weeks post (that's a piece of cake to many here, but not me) then the best thing I've used so far is Lenzi's Request. It makes my ng so soft and managable. I use it at night that way it penetrates while I sleep and when I wake up my hair isn't all greasy and nasty, and the smell isn't so strong by that time. The softness last all day. Sometimes up to three days without re-application. HTH

Kimiche

Thanks Tyra, I will look into the Lenzi's Request. Yeah my new growth acts up like at around 8 weeks post, like now. lol

tbaby_8

Have you tried Redkin Real control mask? It is a good DC and it is good on the new growth. Just a suggestion.

soulie

I make a mix of aloe vera (juice or gel),glycerin, pure water, and a little NTM Silk Touch.

pmichael52172

I'm almost 14 weeks post and either shea butter with a drop or two of some kind of oil (Olive, coconut, whatever) works for me. Qhemet's Amla and Olive does a good job for me too.

I moisturize my roots with the product on my finger tips and spread whatever is left on my strands as I massage everything in. I moisturize mostly in the mornings, but sometimes I may do it at night and cover with a silk scarf. I prefer mornings though, so I won't go to bed with a greasy head.

ajoyfuljoy

dang, I shoule was gonna recommend Hawaiian Silky. My NG lurves that stuff! When I tried to transition, that was the STUFF! Might become my buddy again.

Silicon Mix leave in is also the bomb!

Elasta QP Mango Butter

Last edited:

Kimiche

dang, I shoule was gonna recommend Hawaiian Silky. My NG lurves that stuff! When I tried to transition, that was the STUFF! Might become my buddy again.

Silicon Mix leave in is also the bomb!

Elasta QP Mango Butter

I do like it and it worked fine at the beginning, but my new growth fights back now. :laugh:

MRJ1972

My mom uses Porosity Control conditioner as a detangler, and then braids up each section of her hair before rinsing it out...After that you can un do the braids and proceed with styling and she is 4b natural!!!...HTH

Chevelure618

Ultra Black Hair Lotion Creme Moisturizer -
my hair laughs at most moisturizers....but this one works great.

ultrablackhair.com

LABETT

Sta-So-Fro works best for me when I get a lot of newgrowth and you can still use your same conditioners and airdry your hair.
I have not found anything else that even comes close to this product.