What's in your spray bottle?

scurl/water/leave-in conditioner/suave milk and honey

This mixture has worked great for daily moisturizing when I'm in a hurry

I have a mixture of about 50% Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner and 50% water. It leaves my hair wonderfully scented and stretches the CD conditioner. It's pretty expensive for some tea. Look at the ingredients that's all it is.

Re: What\'s in your spray bottle?

Bump!

NTM Silk Touch Leave-in, Salerm-21 and water---this is my daily moisturizer

Wow, this thread has been alive since 2003!! Wishforlonglocks, adding the MTG is a great idea as a spray mix! I use Tulsi infusion mixed in a Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 bottle with a little Silky still inside. I like that earthy Tulsi scent.

I have an oil concoction of grapeseed, macademia nut, emu, kemi, jojoba, and MSM. I add some it to my bottle of Surge 14.

Just plain tap water. I never saw this thread before so I'm reading back to get some suggestions. I might try mixing my Surge 14 with some other stuff.

My spray bottle consists of:

Nexus Hemectress
NTM Leav-in
QP Elasta Recovery Oil Moistuizer
Organics Hair Mayo
Kids Organics Shea Butter
Infusium 21
and just a little bit of water to dillute

My hair feels wonderful after I spray it all up. :)

This is a great thread to resurrect. I need a good use for my spray bottles, particularly when I'm doing rollersets.

Thanks!;)

Rosewater
Glycerine
WGHO
BB Growth Oil
Surge 14
JB Castor Oil
Elucence MB con

I like to spray this on after most washes and it keeps my scalp from drying out and it's a nice detangler.

I'm about to use:

- EO Ylang Ylang
- EO Lavender
- EO Rosemary
- Aloe Vera gel
- Glycerine
- Jojoba oil
- Cider vinager
- Distilled water
- Rosemary Hydrolat ( floral water )
- I also put some SUAVE conditioner in it

Maybe I'm thinking about this too scientifically, but oil and water don't mix...they phase separate, right? So if you add oil to your water spray bottle, won't you always be getting one or the other, not a mixture?

I think it's a lovely idea, so maybe I should just stop speculating and try it lol, but maybe one of you ladies who is more familiar could clarify for me :look: ... thanks in advance!

Diya said:
Maybe I'm thinking about this too scientifically, but oil and water don't mix...they phase separate, right? So if you add oil to your water spray bottle, won't you always be getting one or the other, not a mixture?

I think it's a lovely idea, so maybe I should just stop speculating and try it lol, but maybe one of you ladies who is more familiar could clarify for me :look: ... thanks in advance!

Yeah, it doesnt...
But I shake it up real good right before I use it.
It mixes I think for like 5 seconds before the particles start to disesemble if im not mistaken????

Who knows.. but its been working for me so far though ;).

Last edited:
caramelle said:
Yeah, it doesnt...
But I shake it up real good right before I use it.
It mixes I think dor like 5 seconds before the particles start to diseemble if im not mistaken????

Who knows.. but its been working for me so far though ;).

Thx for the reply, caramelle... I think I'll give it a try :) The worst that could happen is that I end up with either lightly moisturized OR lightly oiled hair... no biggie ;)

3 small spray bottles:
  • water + infusium23 leave-in
  • water + ORS Wrap/Set Mousse
  • Hot Six Oil

daviine said:
I have a large spray bottle that sprays a fine mist. Right now it has distilled water in it. I've thought about adding jojoba oil and/or essential oils to the bottle. I've also thought of substituting the distilled water for rosewater or a different hydrosol.

I was wondering what the rest of us here on the board have in our spray bottles.

BTW---does anyone spray their hair with leave-in conditioner (as opposed to water) and then apply their oil/moisturizer?

As directed by the lovely Whipeffectz...i have distilled water mixed with the only oil i had on hand at the moment which is jojoba ( my fav). I do use my leave in condition but only right after washing....through out the day until the next wash i use the mixture :)

Just some regular ol' tap water and every now and then I will add a drop or two of tea tree oil.

Back