What's the best detangler?

Ozma

The best I've tried so far is African Royale Daily Doctor, but I stopped using it (dumb, I know). I guess I am wary of products that have "Africa" or a picture of a "Nubian princess" on the front that have traditionally been crap. I was hoping to find a more natural or handmade product. Any suggestions?

I also tried Oyin Juices and berries. It worked well for my hair.

Aggie

I agree with msa on the olive oil being a great detangler and I must say I tried GVP Paul Mitchell The Detangler and it worked amazingly too. I was able to virtually glide the comb right through my 6 months of new growth. I bought mine from Sally's for around $6.00 and you really don't need much of it either. I detangle right in the shower and plait my hair in 4 big plaits, rinse the detangler out and allow it to dry that way.

DarkandLovely

I agree with msa on the olive oil being a great detangler and I must say I tried GVP Paul Mitchell The Detangler and it worked amazingly too. I was able to virtually glide the comb right through my 6 months of new growth. I bought mine from Sally's for around $6.00 and you really don't need much of it either. I detangle right in the shower and plait my hair in 4 big plaits, rinse the detangler out and allow it to dry that way.

Thanks i was wondering about trying this...i think i ll have to make a stop by sally's after work

KiniKakes

I like to use a really thick, creamy conditioner, like the Suave Toasted Coconut conditioner (or whatever your favorite scent). Or, if you are into Dominican products, I find the Aceite de oliva rinse for detangling excellent. Very creamy with lots of slip. I just saturate my hair with water and one of these conditioners, and I lose so much less hair this way.