What’s the difference between shedding and breaking?

Destanee

Help please.

I have been losing handfuls of hair. When I put my hands over my hair my hand is filled with hair!! When I comb it I loose even more. Most have a white bulb on one end the rest don’t. This has never happened before. Even when I took down my braids I never lost so much hair. I don’t want to keep stressing over the problem for fear it may get worse, but I don’t know what to do or why it’s even happening. Not sure if this matters, but I am three months postpartum.

I’m planning to do an Aphogee treatment tonight. Would this treatment be good for shedding/breakage? Also, do you think putting braids in will make the problem worse?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ayeshia

Ajamericandiva had the same problem after she had her baby...postpartum shedding. ill see if i can find the thread/images/graemlins/kiss.gif

webby

Think Slim
OMG, I had the same exact thing...post-partum shedding. I started to use Nexxus Keraphix and the shedding stopped immediately.

I altered my regiment to to the following:

wk 1 Sebastian Penetrait
wk 2 Keraphix
wk 3 Penetrait
wk 4 Nexxus Emergencee followed by Bone Marrow

I alternate each time I wash, going back and forth between Penetrait and Keraphix or Emergencee.

I also use Vita-Tress Biotin creme on the hairline, because it seemed to be thinning.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Re: What’s the difference between shedding and breaking?

The difference between shedding and breaking is that shedding is a whole strand of hair lost, with the white bulb on one end. Breaking is when a strand of hair breaks off from the ends, or even the middle of the strand if your hair is in really bad shape.

I agree with Ayeshia & Webby, it's postpartum shedding.