Help! Major Shedding!

prettypithy

I took down my braids last week. Thanks to LHCF, it was the easiest take down ever. But now, five days later, I'm still getting tons of shedding when I wash, moisturize, style, etc. Basically, anytime I touch my head. Is this residual shedding from the braids? Or do I have a larger problem on my hands?

I have not done a protein treatment all summer so maybe that is the problem. Also I ran out of biotin while I was studying for the bar and was off it for like a month. Could that be it?

Thanks and HHG!

Yes sounds like a protein DC is in order. Also I made garlic oil using Hemp seed oil and garlic powder (from capsules), it really seems to have shut down my shedding.

So try the protein first, if it doesn't work try the garlic oil.

Yes sounds like a protein DC is in order. Also I made garlic oil using Hemp seed oil and garlic powder (from capsules), it really seems to have shut down my shedding.

So try the protein first, if it doesn't work try the garlic oil.

hothair, what amount of garlic powder? and oil did you use? I would like to try this. tia

I'm terrible with measurements but here goes. I had an empty jam jar. I emptied about 18 capsules of Odourless garlic into it, then I poured in cold pressed hemp oil (I believe most oils would do) I filled it 3/4 of the jar, shook and put in a dark cupboard. I used it about 3 days later, but its recommended you leave it up to 10 days.

I added to my applicator bottle and used on my scalp during my pre-poo. Thick, strong, non-shedding hair. I believe it worked cause that's the only thing I did differently that wash day.

Yep I agree total protein... If you want something to stop the shedding but not make your hair hard a quick fix is aubrey organics gpb 15-30mins

queen helene, (yes the creamy yellow stuff), does it for me, I am transitioning, and it is the only reason I do not lose hair during combout, I leave it on with a plastic cap for 45mins to an hour, rinse then use Aussie, for 15 mins, it is a godsend, and old school favorite

Back