what's the longest you went without a wash(c'mon confess!

chameiltress

hey ladies answer if you dare lol whats the longest you ever went without washing your hair and why! ill start i once before lhcf went a whole month:perplexed without washing my hair:blush: lol i was in a weave and i just left it in and did nothing to my hair BAD BAD BAD! :wallbash:AHHH im soooo glad i know better lol

TheQueenBeeMaya

not going to lie, I went close to 3.5 months one time when I had braids. When wearing my own hair probably 5 weeks. It's a wonder I still have hair.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I wore glue in weaves before LHCF and only washed my hair when I removed the weave to relax. Relaxing day was wash day. No water touched my head before touch up time once a month :ohwell:

chameiltress

now i dont feel so bad i thought i was gonna have my tail handed to me when i said i went a month lol im glad im not the only one

ajacks

Pre-LHCF I only had my hair washed at the salon, so usually every 2-3 weeks. However, if I was wearing a weave or braids it would easily be 2-4 months between washes.

smwrigh3

I don't know how long but once I went to my grandmas for the summer and I washed my hair and the water turned brown. i can't remember my mama ever washing my hair .. my grandmother called my mom and went off..

lilsparkle825

Pre-LHCF 3 months, that was the sew-in that led me on my quest for healthy hair.

Since joining LHCF 2 weeks because I had straightened my hair. I felt dirty after day 6. LOL

marla

6 weeks! My hair was like straw and I had dandruff up the wazoo! Neva again will I do that!

msa

Before LHCF, about 3 months without a drop of water touching my head.

Since I've joined, during my last sew-in I didn't wash my hair for a month. That was last summer. Haven't done it since. Normally, I rinse almost everyday.

Filmatic

I've gone 2-3 months bc of braids and month bc of sew in. The 'stylists' told me not to do it. However I did have to use braid spray and eventually I took the sew in out. My scalp does not do well without washing for long.

I am a wash-a-holic, I wash (with shampoo) 2-3 three times a week.
I co-was every day. If i go beyond 2 days i go nuts.

You won't catch me without wet hair :grin:

Before LHCF, about 3 months without a drop of water touching my head.

Since I've joined, during my last sew-in I didn't wash my hair for a month. That was last summer. Haven't done it since. Normally, I rinse almost everyday.

How? Didn't it itch or smell.
And why did you not wash your hair?

kblc06

2-3 weeks before LHCF (this is only when I had cornrows)
2 weeks since I've been a hair board member

I've always been a once a week washer

Nonie

When I was young and thought water was drying, two weeks. When I learned that water was good for me, I find it hard to go any longer than 3 days because I get terrible headaches if I don't wash my hair twice a week. No idea why or when this started but it never fails.

msa

How? Didn't it itch or smell.
And why did you not wash your hair?

You know what's weird...it didn't itch at all and it didn't even smell when I took it out. It sure was dirty though...I'd have those knots of lint and stuff. I had braids at the time (I should have mentioned that earlier).

My scalp doesn't get itchy unless I'm allergic to something so that may be why it didn't itch.

sky_blu

not going to lie, I went close to 3.5 months one time when I had braids. When wearing my own hair probably 5 weeks. It's a wonder I still have hair.

Im looking into going that long :look: I have braids now and Im dreading washing them but my scalp is itchy in my 3rd week. Its just too much dang on hair. :perplexed

Almaz

I wash my hair all the time but there is a lady that I work with and she STILL sports a Jheri Curl and she only washes her hair every 6 months when she gets it done. She still wears the plastic cap to work and takes it off when she is ready to sit at the desk.

Her hair reeks of curl juice and she said she will never get rid of the curl because it grow her hair out. I was like then you hair should be all the way down to your knees by now. I've known you for like 15+ years now. One day she was in the bathroom combing her hair and HUGE flakes of gunk came out I was like eewwwwwww.

But she is the cleanest woman otherwise. I have been to her house and it is Spotless Pristine almost sterile clean

Her husband has a curl too and his hair is bald in the top and he sports a long Jheri curl ponytail in the back.

brucebettye

Before LHCF I would not wash my hair for up to 3 months when I wore braids. But now I cannot not go a week without washing my hair.

naturalmanenyc

Right now I'm at 9 days. I normally cowash a few times a week but with BKT I am trying to see how long my flat ironed hair lasts.

When I had my standing salon appointment, I had my hair straightened at the salon every two weeks. By week two I washed at home and wore my wavy/curly hair.

manter26

i'm not gonna lie, my mom had to hold me down and smell my hair when i was younger. when i finally got around to washing the rinse water was a really dark dirty brown. i think i heard the dirty hair grows myth and took it a bit too far in middle school.

happy to say, i now wash about every 3 days (at the most).

chameiltress

i'm not gonna lie, my mom had to hold me down and smell my hair when i was younger. when i finally got around to washing the rinse water was a really dark dirty brown. i think i heard the dirty hair grows myth and took it a bit too far in middle school.

happy to say, i now wash about every 3 days (at the most).

umm u still didnt say how long you went:lachen:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Maybe 2-3 weeks which is when i was still depending on a beautician for everything. Shameful actually that I didn't realize that I was capable of taking care of the hair growing out of my own head.