WHATS THIS ON MY SCALP?!

peachykeen

I have this thick cursty white patches on my scalp. I just washed my hair two days ago and they are back. I thought that maybe I had dry hair so I put some oil in it. Well they are back, just like I never put anything on them. They are also stuck to my scalp so if I scracthed they would have to peeled off my scalp. I noticed this after I got a home RETOUCH almost immediately my scalp was so dry and then later developed this super dry scalp and patches. I have been getting home relaxers with no problem for years. WHAT COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE?

I have started drinking all the Odwalla Drinks with Protein in one and then Vitamin B's in the other. Also I started eating a ton of Luna Bars of the Vitamins.

I used a different relaxer. I normally use The T-Tree Relaxer by Parneauv or even less often a kiddie relaxer. But, this time I used Gentle Treatment. And oh my gosh my scalp is uncontrollably dry.

:confused: Wow...that sounds like something you should see a Dr for. Sounds like your problem is serious. I'd call my doctor ASAP.

Chayil

chayil0427 said:
:confused: Wow...that sounds like something you should see a Dr for. Sounds like your problem is serious. I'd call my doctor ASAP.

Chayil

i agree. it may be a medical condition. go see a dermatologist asap

Did you base your scalp before relaxing? It sounds to me like it may have been iritated from some ingredient in the relaxer or from the actual relaxer that you used.

Personally I think it is the new relaxer you tried or that your scalp may be intensely dry.

I would try clarifying, and Dcing and stuff, and adding some aloe very gel (or tea tree oil) to your scalp every day for about a week or two.

Was it a lye or no-lye relaxer? I ask this because I used to suffer with this for years until I changed from a no-lye relaxer to a lye relaxer (like Motions). I haven't had a relaxer for about 6 months, but when I changed to a lye relaxer I stopped having the problem. This would happen when I used to get my hair professionally done too and the stylist used no-lye relaxers. They were VERY drying on my scalp. I would scratch my head with a comb and large pieces of dry scalp would come off my head (sorry to be so graphic but true).

That was my issue anyway.

Thank you ladies, i think i need to clarify shampoo my hair, then put some aloe vera.

Also, look at the ingrediets in the relaxer and see what the problem was.. Plus it was no-lye. so maybe i need lye thanks a bunch you all

dunno who this might help, but i just read a post in which someone had this same problem, and later found out that she had patches conditioner stuck to her scalp from massaging conditioners in for years. She saw a doctor and was misdiagnosed if i remember correctly. Somebody please correct me if im mistaken

HTH

Since it happened right after a touch up, they sound like scabs.

Your scalp may be healing so I would leave them alone. I'd make a drs appointment ASAP to make sure that’s what it is.

This happens to me. I know its one of two things

1). your scalp is irritated from the neutralizing shampoo. Clarifying causes this reaction with me too. It takes weeks after relaxing (neutralizing) and clarifying for my scalp to stop trippin.
or
2). You are not washing out your conditioner. I used to think this was dandruff, but it is crusted conditioner. I fill a bottle with water and make sure the nozzle hits my whole scalp a good 3 times after I wash out the conditioner.

To deal with number 1 I use sulfur 8. HTH!

Also make sure it's not just left over product. I remember reading someone's post on this board going to dermatologists thinking she had a scalp problem and turns out it was just left over conditioner that dried on her scalp. I've done the same thing. Just a thought....

If your scalp is not too tender I would use a Apple cider Vinegar rinse of 1/4 cup to 3/4ths water and use that as a rinse and leave on with a shower cap. Then rinse again if you like. This solved my scalp problems.

Back