What's ur favorite jet black rinse?

blackberry815

What jet black rinse gives you the best results? (the darkest black that lasts a decent amount of washes and gives you shine?)

Sent from my ADR6400L

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I use Via Jet Black or Black Satin. :yep: It lasts a good amount of time and doesn't seem to dry out my hair. The only other one that gave my hair a darker black color than Via was Adore in the white bottle but that seemed to dry out my hair after a while. But that was a very deep black.

MizzBrown

I want to know too. I use the Jazzing Bluest Black and the Clairol Beautiful Collection Jet Black.

My little grays still come through within a month or shorter.

Lissa0821

I like Clariol beautiful Collections, advance grey hair (I think that is what it is called). I love Clariol natural instincts in Jet Black.

blackberry815

I use Via Jet Black or Black Satin. :yep: It lasts a good amount of time and doesn't seem to dry out my hair. The only other one that gave my hair a darker black color than Via was Adore in the white bottle but that seemed to dry out my hair after a while. But that was a very deep black.

I've never heard of these... Interesting. U may have to try the via... I've only tried the carol beautiful collection so far... I don't necessarily get much shine with that.

Has anyone used else multiple brands... Thanks ladies

Sent from my ADR6400L

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I've never heard of these... Interesting. U may have to try the via... I've only tried the carol beautiful collection so far... I don't necessarily get much shine with that.

Has anyone used else multiple brands... Thanks ladies

Sent from my ADR6400L

I found that the Clairol Beautiful Collection was the WORST of them all. :nono: It washed out within one wash and never gave the shine like the others.

Years ago there was one made by Posner which used to be in a little small bottle that looked like a permanent color but it was only a semi-perm rinse. Posner was later renamed Rejuvatone and that worked the best of them all and would last forever. I believe they discontinued the Rejuvatone and that's why I started with Via.

But I clarify every other week so that doesn't help when you're trying to hold onto your color. So that plays a big part in how long it lasts.

mEmYSELFaNDj

I love Adore, but beware your hair will be black black, like black black. And I swear it takes forever to get that color out. I wouldnt suggest this brand if you like to change up a lot because it takes forever to get all the way out.

Last edited:

blackberry815

I love Adore, but beware your hair will be black black, like black black. And I swear it takes forever to get that color out. I wouldnt suggest this brand if you like to change up a lot because it takes forever to get all the way out.

Did u also find it drying like someone else mentioned earlier?

Sent from my ADR6400L

AnitaTheLengths

I use Banos de Color (Color Showers) in Negro from roundbrushhair. It gets my hair black black. I remember a few yrs back there was a scandal where the old formula had a greenish tint to it but they have since corrected that. The color is strong for a good month/month and a half with weekly washes. As for shine - meh.

mEmYSELFaNDj

I'm excited because of how many times u said black.... Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L
LOL I had to let you know:lachen:

ETA: Just so you know my hair is my siggy pics that is my natural color. If I had a rinse it would be way darker, like super black, lol

Last edited:

SingBrina

I love my hair to be SUPER BLACK! Where can this be bought at!?

lana

I used to use Bigen Blackest Black on my greys in my bangs only, but it made my hair crinkle and look like crinkle French fries.

I'm now using clairol in dark brown for my gray coverage and it makes it look like I have streaks.

Updated years later to say...I'm still too young to show gray hair.

Last edited:

mEmYSELFaNDj

I love my hair to be SUPER BLACK! Where can this be bought at!?
I used to buy it from my neighborhood beauty supply stores, they were at all the beauty supply stores I went to when I lived in a more urban area, but now I live in a mostly white suburb and we only have Sallys and I've never seen it at Sallys before. You can probably find it online though. They were always priced between 4.99 and 7.99 depending on which beauty supply I was at. HTH

nzeee

I use Bigen Blackest Black on my greys in my bangs only.

Does anyone know if Bigen is technically "Henna". I'm texlaxed and I thought you can't mix Henna and a Relaxer. So far it gives me good color, it's only 4 gray hairs (lol) So I don't feel bad if I damage them. I don't want the gray hair anyways!

Yet, I need to know!

I'm looking for darkest black too since i wear weaves and wigs and i'm having trouble matching (it's impossible to find a true 1b in non-bss extensions).

anyhoo, Bigen is most certainly not even close to real henna. it's also not even close to natural. but i know people who use it and it works very well. i'm a stick to henna tho but will throw indigo into the mix.

oh, btw: certified natural henna (often called body art quality, BAQ, in western markets) is just fine for relaxed hair.

nyreeroberts1

I use Bigen Blackest Black on my greys in my bangs only.

Does anyone know if Bigen is technically "Henna". I'm texlaxed and I thought you can't mix Henna and a Relaxer. So far it gives me good color, it's only 4 gray hairs (lol) So I don't feel bad if I damage them. I don't want the gray hair anyways!

Yet, I need to know!

I have been using Bigen Oriental Black since 2002 with no problems at all for my entire head. I am also relaxed:)

blackberry815

Is it the black velvet shade that you used?

Sent from my ADR6400L