What's worse?

Channy31

I'm going to attempt to give up the flat irons this winter. Instead I'll stick to just my blow dryer but what's worse:

Blow dry then Flat iron: once every week
Blow dry: twice a week.

I'll also wear my hair natural but just out of interest if I do decide I want to keep my hair blown out.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
My two cents: heat compounds. IMO, it's worse to pass 200° 3+ times over the hair with a flat iron than once at 400°. But that's assuming a relatively controlled and uniform technique (relatively equal pass times, tension, etc). Blow drying has always seemed less direct on the hair than flatirons to me, but if you blowdry for longer, with more tension, more manipulation etc than flat ironing, flat ironing might be better. On the other hand, if you blowdry for shorter periods of time and with lower temps that might be better than flatironing.
Quite the dilemma you have there!

HTH! :)

Sent using LHCF app

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
MixedGirl, I only allow my self four direct heat passes a year. I highly recommend curlformers for when you want your hair straight. I always get chemical/thermally relaxed type results.

Channy31

MixedGirl, I only allow my self four direct heat passes a year. I highly recommend curlformers for when you want your hair straight. I always get chemical/thermally relaxed type results.
Thanks but I had curl formers for a year and ended up selling them.
I flat ironed and blow dryed my hair once a week last year and was very close to 100% retention so I don't see a huge problem with it

Channy31

My two cents: heat compounds. IMO, it's worse to pass 200° 3+ times over the hair with a flat iron than once at 400°. But that's assuming a relatively controlled and uniform technique (relatively equal pass times, tension, etc). Blow drying has always seemed less direct on the hair than flatirons to me, but if you blowdry for longer, with more tension, more manipulation etc than flat ironing, flat ironing might be better. On the other hand, if you blowdry for shorter periods of time and with lower temps that might be better than flatironing.
Quite the dilemma you have there!

HTH! :)

Sent using LHCF app
I see what you're getting at hmmm

when I flat iron I have to blow dry either way. My hair takes days to dry on its own though.
Haha a dilemma indeed.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I would say use the heat (blow dry and flat iron) once a week. With care.

I wouldn't blow dry twice a Week.

southerncitygirl

once a week is fine, heat is not the debil for everybodies hair. make sure to up your protein via a conditioner and use heat protectant.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Honestly, they're equally bad over time. I had to give up the heat too, i feel your pain but I'm doing airdry, twist outs, braidouts, buns etc. No heat styles. Heat is the devil for my hair lol

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Thanks but I had curl formers for a year and ended up selling them.
I flat ironed and blow dryed my hair once a week last year and was very close to 100% retention so I don't see a huge problem with it

MixedGirl then why ask which is worse? Just do what you've had success with in the past.