What's your favorite hair magazine?

levette

What\'s your favorite hair magazine?

Hello,

I thought it would be interesting to see how many members here regularly view hair magazines. Even though many of the hairstyles uses weave, I love to look at the latest hair styles and to read the styling tips. My favorite hair magazine is Sophisticate's Black Hair and Styling. What's yours?

Nyambura

surfer girl
Re: What\'s your favorite hair magazine?

It used to be Sophisticate's Black Hair...when all the styles weren't weaves and before I found hair boards on the internet. I'm not hatin on weaves at all but for some reason I feel a style may be more doable (is that a word? lol) for me if the style I'm looking at was achieved on hair similar to mine.

I'll still thumb through good ole SBH at the store, though.
But I get all my good info from here.

LABETT

I will occasionally purchase a copy of sophisticate's black
hair or hype hair magazine if I see a hairstyle I liked to
sport.

Allandra

I don't have a favorite hair magazine, but I have a favorite hair web site.

Lucia

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too.

Ayeshia

i like Sophistcates to an extent but sometimes they just use the same hairstyles from the last issues and advertise them as new styles or use the same articles and switch them up a bit ad use different pics...I'm just the type of person that pays attention to detail lol.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

I think Hype Hair would be my favorite--though the name may not indicate this, it's really a good quality publication.

pebbles

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you!

asha

Which magazine is it that has the hair police and fashion police cartoons. I love that section. When I am at the salon I look through all the magazines looking for that cartoon page.

jellynote

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
I will occasionally purchase a copy of sophisticate's black
hair or hype hair magazine if I see a hairstyle I liked to
sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the info I get from here most of the time. I use too always buy these 2 magazines, but since I'vebeen a member of this board I feel there is no need to buy them.

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
i like Sophistcates to an extent but sometimes they just use the same hairstyles from the last issues and advertise them as new styles or use the same articles and switch them up a bit ad use different pics...I'm just the type of person that pays attention to detail lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one of my many problems with that magazine too. I puchase every issue though

because I can get style ideas. But I certainly don't get any hair "advice" from it. I've got another source for that...

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I love www.longhaircareforum.com the online magazine that doesn't give you the lastest pictures of the latest styles, but something much much more valuable....GREAT advice!

A_Christian

None of the magazines compare to this forum
However, I do like to read Black Hairstyles and Trendz. Sophisticates and Hype hair have nice styles as well.

levette

I also agree that this website is far more informative versus Sophisiticate's. However, I still find it interesting to look at the latest hairstyle, and makeup in order to get ideas.

licutiexx

I really like Hype Hair. They have alot of information in there and what's trendy in hairstyles

ChasingBliss

I dont have a favorite magazine anymore either. But I do wish that someone would come up with a magazine that was just for us, women growing and maintaining long hair. Call it "Long Hair Care for Black Women" or something...That would be really nice. It would be strictly for natural or relaxed women and their real hair. Featuring black women with long hair that was all their's as well as progress of women trying to grow hair. Product reviews, tips on maintaining healthy long tresses, etc. Ok, I feel like I'm rambling, I sure ya'll get my point

Serei

I buy Sophisticates, Hype Hair and Try it Yourself Hair. I don't buy it for the advice. I buy it for the styles and inspiration.