Favorite Black Haircare Magazine

daviine

I'm in the mood to read a haircare magazine. However, I remember that the last time I picked one up, there was a million ads and not much substance. Are they all like this? If not, can you tell me what your favorite black haircare magazine is and why?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

Definitely Sophisticated black hair!! girl if u wanna see some magazines come on over to my house (seriously) i have every issue for like the last three years.

Hype hair is the best to me, I swear they are reading this board. The new issue with Alicia Keys on the cover has like 8 pages of hairstyles WITHOUT weaves. They had a whole page article on going natural and being proud of your own hair and working on how to get your hairdresser to grow your own hair long. I was really impressed.

Sophisticates Black Hair is my favorite because they show more efore-and-after pics and celebrity interviews.

Hype hair is good, and Sophisticated is good, but i like the black hair and trends, it gives so much info.

I prefer Hype hair magazine too, its seems like some of the writers are really doing their research for the articles.

I love all the mags u listed. There used to be a mag called Try It Yourself Hair. I don't see it much anymore.....that mag showed step by step how to do all styles in the mag as well as hair trends. I had to give mine away due to moving. :ohwell:

I quit reading them, because they were claiming weaved hair was the stars own hair and I think those magazines lead to a lot of confusion. People try to copy those styles and they are virtually impossible.

Sophisticates Black Hair has beautiful hair styles and informative articles. Much of what they suggest you can also find right here on this site!

I usually buy Hot Hair at Barnes and Nobles because it is all hairstyles (short, long and in between with no articles) and they actually give the name of the salon and where it is located.

I personally dont have one. I get more information about hair care from this site and a few other forums. I stop wasting all my money on tons of hair magazines that have more interest in celebrities than hair care.

I like sophisticates black hair...theres not a month that goes by that i dont get the next issue...i dont like Hype hair as much...but they are expensive at times..but im only willing to sacrafice and get sophisticates black hair...

krissyprissy said:
I personally dont have one. I get more information about hair care from this site and a few other forums. I stop wasting all my money on tons of hair magazines that have more interest in celebrities than hair care.

I agree with you on that, I havent bought one in about 2-3 years. The last one I bought was Sophisticates Black Hair, they have nice hair styles & Ok articles thats about it.

i bought a hype hair mag this weekend. I GIVE UP ON BLACK HAIR MAGAZINES!!! if you don't wear weaves, then you're wasting your money. hardly any of the styles are created with natural hair. i rarely get any useful ideas. i think i'm going to start buying white hair magazines. just my vent for the day!!

Sophisticate's Black Hair...only because it has some type of organization to it. I like that they have lots of styles from salons from around the way. They don't give too much information on actual hair care, but they do give you lots of style ideas and celebrity trends. I cannot deal with Hype Hair...it's just so unprofessional looking and the picture retouching is just wrong. I have to read Essence to get any type of hair tips...Why on earth did Suede have to go under??? They were about to BLOW UP!!

Back