What's Your Worst Hair Experience as a Child?

G

Re: What\'s Your Worst Hair Experience as a Child?

when i was 10 i was over at a (white)friends house and her mom was crimping her hair, and i decided i wanted my hair crimped too. so after "michelle's" mother left the room. michelle proceeded to crimp my hair. and for reasons unknown to us it just woouldnt take. so she suggested she put in some hairspray.... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif she tried again and this time it crackled it smoked, but we were amazed that it worked. but not as much as shed like, so she put it back on and left it there for what seemed like eternity. so i asked her if i was done yet. and jokenly hit her in the stomach area. she moved back a foot away. taken the crimping iron and 7 inches of my crispy burnt hair with her /images/graemlins/mad.gif lol. needless to say i never used her as my hairdresser again

Honi

There is no board.
Re: What\'s Your Worst Hair Experience as a Child?

Ok....that doll story had me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. That is the funniest story....one eyed doll story.

Well mine was a jheri curl story. I had to have my almost waist length relaxed hair cut at the age of 12. It must have cost like 75 bucks back in the day. Well my mother found someone that could do it in her home /images/graemlins/look.gif and if I remember correctly your supposed to rinse the chemical out while the rods are still in your head. Well she didn't do such a good job in the back (even though I was bent over in her sink). Well a couple of weeks later my hair was shedding when i combed it so I went on ahead and washed it in the shower. Well while shampooing I noticed a chunk of hair hanging out of my peripheral vision. I reached up and pulled at it and my hand was full of hair!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif I cried and pulled cried and pulled /images/graemlins/cry3.gif until no more hair came out. When I finished and dried my hair I had maybe a quarter inch in the nape. After that I started pressing my own hair using Dax! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Took a long time to grow out and I never let any home folks do my hair again!