When is it time to wear your hair out?

Vinyl

I've been wearing protective styles for a few years now, but recently I find myself wanting to wear a short, cute style with highlights. I'm tired of wearing weaves/braids, but my real hair is too long to really sport that style.

However... I just can't bring myself to cut my real hair short. Is this a sign that I should just cut it and roll with it? I do still want WL hair, just... not right now. =x

hopeful

Why don't you just wear your own hair out, get it flat-ironed or rollerset? That will at least give you a break from protective styles. I wouldn't cut it if I were you though, sounds like you've really worked hard to get some length and will regret cutting it.

InnerSoul

Why don't you just wear your own hair out, get it flat-ironed or rollerset? That will at least give you a break from protective styles. I wouldn't cut it if I were you though, sounds like you've really worked hard to get some length and will regret cutting it.

I agree ^^^

I wouldn't cut it, just change your style up.

ladylibra

can you fit all that hair underneath a wig? or do you classify wigs with weaves, which you are sick of right now?

i am in love with all the bobs i see girls sporting lately. to make matters worse, a white girl at my new job has 3b curls which she had cut into a CURLY bob and it looks HOT. i was seriously considering having my stylist cut my coils into a funky bob and had to slap myself twice. :lachen: so i feel your pain.

Rei

I guess it depends on how long your hair is...but what I figure is this:

hair always grows :)

do you.

berry87

I agree with the ladies above, try a bob wig first. See how It looks, aslo try different colors. If you really like the look and have the courage to cut your hair do so. It's up to you. :yep:

Cassandra1975

can you fit all that hair underneath a wig? or do you classify wigs with weaves, which you are sick of right now?

i am in love with all the bobs i see girls sporting lately. to make matters worse, a white girl at my new job has 3b curls which she had cut into a CURLY bob and it looks HOT. i was seriously considering having my stylist cut my coils into a funky bob and had to slap myself twice. :lachen: so i feel your pain.
:lachen::lachen::lachen: Twice? :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I agree with everyone else who says try a wig, first. In the past couple of years I've done two things that I am slapping myself for - trading in my Altima for a Maxima (stupid gas prices! :wallbash: ) and cutting my hair twice last year. I can only imagine how long my hair would be right now.

ladylibra

well Isis, i doubted you at first because i thought, "surely it would look obvious that the hair is pinned up in this faux-bob..."

i owe you an apology... :lachen:

hee hee, SO comes home in a few minutes, i'mma try to fool him! :drunk:

Last edited:

mnemosyne

I saw not one, but TWO... TWO beautiful (near identical from the back) bobs on women coming off the shuttle train today... ah ah ah.

My fingers started itching in the telltale precursor to reaching for the phone to call a stylist.

I'm trying to fight the urge...

Ivonnovi

I have a tendancy to wear a wig everynow and then. (actually when I'm on cruises. Then wig is shorter than my hair, and I think the switchup is cute. My advice would be to wear a shorter wig, and leave your hair alone. See the pics below.

I've been wearing protective styles for a few years now, but recently I find myself wanting to wear a short, cute style with highlights. I'm tired of wearing weaves/braids, but my real hair is too long to really sport that style.

However... I just can't bring myself to cut my real hair short. Is this a sign that I should just cut it and roll with it? I do still want WL hair, just... not right now. =x

Attachments

• yorlooks1.jpg
    yorlooks1.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 74
  • yorlooks.jpg
    yorlooks.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 73

hopeful

well Isis, i doubted you at first because i thought, "surely it would look obvious that the hair is pinned up in this faux-bob..."

Please come back and tell us what he says! From bsl to sl? I wanna know if he falls for it.

ladylibra

Please come back and tell us what he says! From bsl to sl? I wanna know if he falls for it.

okay he did for like a split second when he walked in the door. then he kinda tilted his head sideways and asked me how i got my hair to look shorter. i was like, "how do you know i didn't cut it?"

he said, "cuz i know you, you spend all dayum day on those hair boards and you're not about to cut your hair off without at least saying something to me!"

smart bastard :lachen:

he did think it was cute though! :grin:

RegaLady

As a LOVER or short hair and bobs, I can relate to this urge:lick:. Of a new found lover of growing my hair out, I say fight the feeling and DON'T cut it! Whatever you do, just don't! You worked hard on it, and `for you it can be just a trend. Then when it's all over, you will be asking, "Why?" Like some of the ladies said, just flat iron your hair, wear a style that is an illusion, or wear a wig. I used to get glue in bobs, that were sooooo cute, but underneath my hair was suffering:nono:. But, I understand that feeling, all too well.:grin:

RegaLady

okay he did for like a split second when he walked in the door. then he kinda tilted his head sideways and asked me how i got my hair to look shorter. i was like, "how do you know i didn't cut it?"

he said, "cuz i know you, you spend all dayum day on those hair boards and you're not about to cut your hair off without at least saying something to me!"

:lachen::lachen: SO's, you can't fool them!:rolleyes:

caribgirl

You look so different with straight hair but just as beautiful :yep:. Love this faux bob!

OP: Def take the advise of thes eladies- A short bob wig would help you make up your mind about cutting.

Now a really nice tightly curled roller set would be nice too. Good luck!

Last edited:

hopeful

Hilarious! LOL @ him tilting his head sideways.