Whdoes anyone want long hair to wear it in PS all the time?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
is anyone growing their hair to wear it in Protective styles most of the time? i dont really want to wear my hair out when it gets longer. i LOVE buns and just want long hair so i dont have to do them with fake hair or socks anymore. i just want the satisfaction of wearing long braids and big wrap around buns with 100% my own hair. anyone else? it seems many people think Protective styles make them feel homely and old.:ohwell:

ETA can someone help me fix the title. i didnt notice it until after posting

Last edited:

JustKiya

ooooh, me, me, me!!! I want to have a HUGE bun and be able to have all sorts of fablous hair toys - I see myself, at goal, with about eight two strand twists in my hair all the time that would be tailbone length down, but would RARELY actually be down.

:thud:

:drool:

could not tell me ANYTHING. nuthin. naan.

:lachen:

Isis

I will always love my braided buns, side buns and other updos--they look good on me. I alternate with these styles along with wearing my hair out. I really appreciate knowing how to do a variety of styles, which I learned on LHCF. :)

motherx2esq

is anyone growing their hair to wear it in Protective styles most of the time? i dont really want to wear my hair out when it gets longer. i LOVE buns and just want long hair so i dont have to do them with fake hair or socks anymore. i just want the satisfaction of wearing long braids and big wrap around buns with 100% my own hair. anyone else? it seems many people think Protective styles make them feel homely and old.:ohwell:

Me too! I cannot wait until my hair is mid back so that I can wear my bun extra thick and pretty with out a sock or my sponge to make it look full and thick! I love PS they are the sexiest to me!

prospurr4

I love my updos, especially during the work week when I really need my hair to be out of my way but still look nice. I can't wait to reach waistlength so that I can have really big buns and french rolls. Now on the weekend, I (and DH) enjoy my hair down, whether it be straight or curly/wavy, like a twistout.

MzOptimistic

Me too! I cannot wait until my hair is mid back so that I can wear my bun extra thick and pretty with out a sock or my sponge to make it look full and thick! I love PS they are the sexiest to me!

I can't wait until my hair is midback also so I can wear a big ole thick pretty bun:yep:

Traycee

I've always worn my hair in buns or clipped up 90% of time..even b4 I was growing it out...I'm one of those people that gets their hair done Saturday and Monday its in a pony tail b/c it started getting on my nerves

foxieroxienyc

Since starting my protective styling challenge, I've actually really grown to like wearing my hair up. I play around with all kinds of stuff from curly up styles to straight ones, various buns, clips, head bands, flowers, lol all kind of accessories. And it's actually quite fun and feminine. I now can stand to wear it up, and it's funny I'm starting to prefer it now, lol.... :grin::rolleyes:

didirose

I like my protective styles and the longer my hair gets the more I wear them. I grew my hair out from neck length when I knew I would be returning to school and wouldn't have the time or money to maintain a cute cut. Once I regained a full ponytail I got bored with it and started wearing my buns; got bored with that and learned to twist my hair up in different ways. One of my mini goals is to have a bigger bun and to have nice some nice thick braids to twist into different styles or wear around the house.

blackbarbie

me! me! me! me!!!
I have to agree with some of the posters that say their bun makes them feel feminine. I think the bun I wear is very classy and I wear it more out of convenience. Nowadays my hair is subject to get caught and tangled in anything (even though I am very careful) on a daily basis, so it really is best for me to pull it back. I find that pulling my hair back into a bun also gives me more time to play with different makeup styles too since all the focus will be on my face.

And ditto to the hair jewelry...You just have soooo many options!

hothair

I do! I just want the style freedom where I can do cornrows and single plaits with my own hair and still look hot! (ie not thin, sad looking) also don't mind the side effect of doing twist-outs braid outs and everything else because I can:grin:

adw425

I thought that I would wear my hair down when it got longer, but now that it is, I just love wearing my bun and my one french braid with ends tucked under. I love how big my bun has gotten over the last nearly three years and...Too, I work out five days a weeks and while wearing my hair down might survive my Tuesday/Thursday workout, it would never survive the aerobic classes (smile).

CocoGlow

I think that once my hair gets long, I will wear it in protective styles most of the time for both conveniece and to retain the length, however, I will definitely wear my hair out whenever I want to switch things up...

I think protective styles on long hair can be very creative and I would have more versatility w/ the styles that I create .... for instance I have in natural box braids now that I cannot even fit into a ponytail, so there really are no style options .... I want hair long enough that I can still style creatively even after my braids or twists have shruken!!! :yep:

Jazzy413

I must admit I am quite sick of my bun BUT I do see myself still wearing it a lot once I am longer. I think having the length will enhance the look, and I can play with different ways to wear it up. Plus I am a pony tail lover so I can't wait to have a nice long pony that I can shake :yep:

dany06

I feel the same way. I want to grow my hair long so that I can wear messy buns and cute hair claws,clamps and clips. The fact that it will be all mine makes it even 10x better.

Also I've gotten to the point where I dont like wearing my own hair down for fears of the snagging and breaking of my ends on clothing. So for my natural hair whenever it gets longer I will wear it bunned or in a protective style and occasionally down. If I want to wear my hair down for an extended period of time I will just weave it rather than risk my length while trying to grow it out.

Last edited:

Soliel185

I do - sometimes I get tired of wearing my hair up, but whenever I wear it down I get tired of it after a few hours and put it up again anyway. I workout 4-6 days a week, and it's much more convenient to keep it up instead of messing with it every day. Also - I think updos are very feminine, and classy - I love finding new hairbands and jewellry at the mall - and if you wear it up most of the time it'll be more shocking for everyone around when they finally see it down!

zzirvingj

I do - sometimes I get tired of wearing my hair up, but whenever I wear it down I get tired of it after a few hours and put it up again anyway. I workout 4-6 days a week, and it's much more convenient to keep it up instead of messing with it every day. Also - I think updos are very feminine, and classy - I love finding new hairbands and jewellry at the mall - and if you wear it up most of the time it'll be more shocking for everyone around when they finally see it down!

You took the words right out of my mouth! I too love wearing a bun, and when I switch it up and get a press, I love how it looks but I ALWAYS pull it back/put it up as soon as I get in the house.

OT--One of the last times I got it pressed I went out and a friend and I were taking a picture together. We had to take the picture like 3 times cuz my hair kept blowing into her face LOL :blush: When I wear my hair down/straight...it has this "wispy" effect thing goin on...the slightest...and I mean SLIGHTEST breeze has my hair blowin in my face...ACROSS my face...and next thing ya know it's stuck to my lip gloss and I've got the whole "bedtime hair" look goin on!

OK so back on topic.....

Overall I love wearing my hair up/off of my face. And I also love the shock effect of wearing it down after having it up for long periods of time. I just can't wait to purchase some new hair accessories/clips/chop sticks/etc for spring. I saw some verrrry pretty protective styles by Cichelle and Bubblingbrownsugar that I would like to try...

zzirvingj

I like my protective styles and the longer my hair gets the more I wear them. I grew my hair out from neck length when I knew I would be returning to school and wouldn't have the time or money to maintain a cute cut. Once I regained a full ponytail I got bored with it and started wearing my buns; got bored with that and learned to twist my hair up in different ways. One of my mini goals is to have a bigger bun and to have nice some nice thick braids to twist into different styles or wear around the house.

OT---LOVE.THAT.BUN!!!

And your haircolor is gorgeous too :yep:

tarheelgurl

When I reach my goal length I will still wear my hair pinned up or in some kind of bun. Just like someone else said, when I wear it down now, a few hours later I have it pinned right back up.

I will wear it down on special occasions or something but not everyday.

It~Can~Grow

I do...I do...Buns are super easy. Since I've found that bss carry all sorts of cool hair toys it really jazzes up the bun. Plus, when you add bling'd out combs and sticks you look simply fabulous.

eta:
Your title:
Edit > Go Advanced > Edit title line > & Save Changes

ETA can someone help me fix the title. i didnt notice it until after posting

Last edited: