When is the best time to straighten?

Channy31

So Wash day was yesterday, I blow dried my hair semi straight but had no time to actually flat iron because I had to run to a lecture at university!

I don't really need to flat iron my hair today but do before wash day. When is the best time to flat iron? Why? when do you?

Evolving78

i flat iron when i have somewhere to go. it takes me 45mins to an hour. if i know i will be pressed for time, i will wash and airdry the night before, and flat iron the next day. i will get up early to get myself together. now if you can get second day hair, do it the night before.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
The best time to flat iron is best shortly after a blow out. That way any sebum oils wont ruin your out come. also its better to flat iron on cooler, low humidity days to prevent the chance of your hair poofing up.

Channy31

The best time to flat iron is best shortly after a blow out. That way any sebum oils wont ruin your out come. also its better to flat iron on cooler, low humidity days to prevent the chance of your hair poofing up.

Thanks and OMG hello!
I follow your blog and am always commenting on it!

mixed-hair.blogspot.com

Angel of the North

For me the best time to straighten my hair is on a wash day after a good DC, I think I get better results and it lasts for a good amount of time (as long as I wear my scarf). I try to straighten on the lowest heat possible but that will also give me the desired effect, it also helps if I straighten in small sections, I only use heat protectant before straightening. This is what I do if I'm doing it properly, it can take me anything from 45 mins to an hour and a half depending on how small the sections are.

hnntrr

I always air dry/wet wrap and then flat iron the next day. I never blow dry my hair to flat iron (yet, I anticipate having to do this when it gets longer) but with my NL hair I can get away with air drying/wet wrapping and then flat ironing. Thats how I used to do it anyway.

Now I just wrap it nightly when its straight and by day two its as flat as it would be if i flat ironed it.

Channy31

I always air dry/wet wrap and then flat iron the next day. I never blow dry my hair to flat iron (yet, I anticipate having to do this when it gets longer) but with my NL hair I can get away with air drying/wet wrapping and then flat ironing. Thats how I used to do it anyway.

Now I just wrap it nightly when its straight and by day two its as flat as it would be if i flat ironed it.

Would love to be able to wet wrap but I even struggle to dry wrap because my hair is so thick!

Think I'm not going to flat iron my hair this week, I'll wait till wash day and give myself enough time to flat iron :)

daydreem2876

carpe diem
On wash day... after my wash/DC/leave in routine for flat irons. If I make time to do it properly, I can get 10-12 days out of a flat iron I do myself. My results last don't last as long if I blow out or try to air dry and wait.