When is the time to Leave Weave Alone?

cocoaluv

Wait, don't run! This isn't a popcorn thread.

Did you mean me, or everyone should leave fake hair alone? And why do you feel that way?

Ok since you asked lol.

I dont mean just you but I mean in general I dont really like fake hair. I understand it if you are trying to grow your hair out ( I used it myself after I BC'ed) but otherwise hell no. You can continue to grow your hair just as well without a weave imo. Your hair already looks great. I'd suggest bunning or updos or something because imo weaves are NOT the business....in a lot of cases not all. I can understand someone with jaked up hair wearing weaves (sadly most of the ones I see also wear jaked up weaves but thats another topic) but seeing women with healthy and beautiful hair weaving it up is pretty confusing to me.

janda

I'm not one to talk as I have been hiding under a phony pony since June. But, it has always bothered me that SO MANY of our AA sisters are running around with fake hair on their heads. Our hair is beautiful and I think we should "let it out more" (not everyone is wearing a wig or weave for PS). My mother, who was always MBL, had to undergo chemotherapy. She went out and bought all these wigs but she quickly grew tired of them. She said they were hot and uncomfortable except when it was really cold outside. When it was cold, she called it "putting on her hat".

Last edited:

LadyPaniolo

Ok since you asked lol.

I dont mean just you but I mean in general I dont really like fake hair. I understand it if you are trying to grow your hair out ( I used it myself after I BC'ed) but otherwise hell no. You can continue to grow your hair just as well without a weave imo. Your hair already looks great. I'd suggest bunning or updos or something because imo weaves are NOT the business....in a lot of cases not all. I can understand someone with jaked up hair wearing weaves (sadly most of the ones I see also wear jaked up weaves but thats another topic) but seeing women with healthy and beautiful hair weaving it up is pretty confusing to me.

Thanks for replying. So you are saying that weave is okay to use for utilitarian purposes (to grow hair out) if it looks decent. But weaves aren't needed and often look bad. Yeah, most weaves are not too hot looking, I can't argue.

One thing I feel a bit iffy about is that it's contributing to a stereotype of BW having short and damaged hair. The more people see long haired BW, the more that stereotype will go away. Also, one single BW sent me on this HHJ... her hair was probably classic length or at least tailbone. If I had not seen her length I might still have SL hair. Which BW or BG could my hair inspire?

ETA: this is a nuanced topic and I'm of 2 minds about it myself. Thank you ladies for keeping this thread drama-free

Last edited:

LadyPaniolo

I'm not one to talk as I have been hiding under a phony pony since June. But, it was always bothered me that SO MANY of our AA sisters are running around with fake hair on their heads. Our hair is beautiful and I think we should "let it out more" (not everyone is wearing a wig or weave for PS). My mother, who was always MBL, had to undergo chemotherapy. She went out and bought all these wigs but she quickly grew tired of them. She said they were hot and uncomfortable except when it was really cold outside. When it was cold, she call it "putting on her hat".

:bighug: I'm sorry your mother is sick. I hope she enjoys good health from here on out. I have to co-sign on the winter wig wearing! I also wear a silk scarf under my wig in winter, it adds lots of warmth. Wigs can be hot in summer, no question.

natura87

When it isn't a choice but an unhealthy dependency. I can see protective styling but how many women do you actually know (not on a hair forum) that wear it as a PS ? How many wear it as the end all and be all? Think about it.

Last edited:

LadyPaniolo

When it isn't a choice but an unhealthy dependency. I can see protective styling but how many women do you actually know (not on a hair forum) wear it as a PS ? How many wear it as the end all and be all? Think about it.

Thanks for posting. You have a point, most of the women who wear wigs/weaves do indeed become dependent upon them. I know that whenever I have tried to go longer than, say, one week, without wearing a wig... I start getting really sick of my hair. I'll just throw it into a big ponytail and KIM. Though, I get lots of :love: :lovedrool: during those times when my hair is out, even if it is just thrown into a pony. Like I said in the other thread, white folks (esp men) just love it.

Bigmommah

If it looks a mess or it's causing damage to your real hair.

Good Hair ruined weaves and wigs for me. Prior to seeing the movie I'd only had 1 full head weave and 1 wig in my life so I wasn't really into them before I saw it.

I am personally conflicted about purchasing products that black people cannot profit from at the highest levels; ie import and distribution. I keep looking at it from the perspective of my own social conciousness journey so it's not about the choices that other people make.

Perhaps I'll find information that shows better statistics, if you know of any please let me know, but until then I'll just have to keep working on my protective styles sans wigs/weaves.

Last edited:

natura87

My younger sisters and other are dependant on extensions. Its either weaved up or fried to the side other than that they dont know what to do with themselves, and that is sad. My 19 year old sister asked me with a straight face, "Is it okay to leave some conditioner in my hair?", I had to explain to her that weave doesnt make your hair grow and I am in th process of weaning her off of petrolatum laden grease. Nowadays people act like you arent a woman without 18 inches of yaki flowing down your back I see little babies with extensions, toddlers with relaxers and no edges.

Extensions of any kind have their benefits but often the negative overshadows the positive.

LadyPaniolo

Good Hair ruined weaves and wigs for me. Prior to seeing the movie I'd only had 1 full head weave and 1 wig in my life so I wasn't really into them before I saw it.

I am personally conflicted about purchasing products that black people cannot profit from at the highest levels; ie import and distribution. I keep looking at it from the perspective of my own social conciousness journey so it's not about the choices that other people make.

Perhaps I'll find information that shows better statistics, if you know of any please let me know, but until then I'll just have to keep working on my protective styles sans wigs/weaves.

This is an excellent point. I don't like the idea that billions of black women's VERY hard earned dollars are going to an industry that none of us profit from! What's that about! And it's almost impossible for blacks to really break into this industry on a level where they can make money from it; the Koreans have it sewn UP. Of course now the Chinese are in on it too.

I got really grossed out when I read about corpses getting shaved to make human hair weaves... so I only buy synthetic. But the synthetic is bad for the planet, so... I know it's not the ideal choice in that way. :(

janda

Thanks for replying. So you are saying that weave is okay to use for utilitarian purposes (to grow hair out) if it looks decent. But weaves aren't needed and often look bad. Yeah, most weaves are not too hot looking, I can't argue.

One thing I feel a bit iffy about is that it's contributing to a stereotype of BW having short and damaged hair. The more people see long haired BW, the more that stereotype will go away. Also, one single BW sent me on this HHJ... her hair was probably classic length or at least tailbone. If I had not seen her length I might still have SL hair. Which BW or BG could my hair inspire?

ETA: this is a nuanced topic and I'm of 2 minds about it myself. Thank you ladies for keeping this thread drama-free

Your hair could really be an inspiration to others-- not just the length but showing healthy AA hair. Perhaps it might show some of our younger sisters(and older) that they don't always have to hide behind a wig or a weave. Again, I have no general problems with weaves or wigs, sometimes you want to PS or you might want to change up your look without cutting or coloring your hair. But, walking the streets of Philadelphia, I see so many women (especially the young ones) who are IMO too dependent on fake hair and I'm not sure it is for the right reasons ( I know, who am I to judge). But, there is a BSS full of fake hair on every corner and many of these girls looks HAM!

Mizz Diamonds

I feel it is time to leave the weave alone when it becomes a crutch and you do not want anyone to see your real hair other than that weaves are absolutely fine.

LadyPaniolo

Your hair could really be an inspiration to others-- not just the length but showing healthy AA hair. Perhaps it might show some of our younger sisters(and older) that they don't always have to hide behind a wig or a weave. Again, I have no general problems with weaves or wigs, sometimes you want to PS or you might want to change up your look without cutting or coloring your hair. But, walking the streets of Philadelphia, I see so many women (especially the young ones) who are IMO too dependent on fake hair and I'm not sure it is for the right reasons ( I know, who am I to judge). But, there is a BSS full of fake hair on every corner and many of these girls looks HAM!

:blush3: thank you! I felt kinda skittish about saying my hair could be inspiring, because it sounds like I'm boasting or whatever. But the fact is that many of the girls and women walking around may have literally never seen a BW with thick, healthy WL natural hair. I might be the first or ONLY person they see who does... motivating them to go online and figure out how to grow their own. Even though I'm not at my goal length yet, it could still be the longest some girls have ever seen.

I know what you mean about Philly, I live in NJ myself. When I go to Philly I see chewed up weaves galore. Even my DH, who doesn't really notice people too much, came home from Philly a few months ago was was like :shocked: I saw the WORST weave in humanity today!!! It was awful!!! Lmao, but it's sad though.

It's one thing if you weave is like Gabrielle Union's for example but most chicks are wearing some raggedy, greasy, poorly blended and just busted weaves. To where a space alien could tell you it's a weave.

I feel it is time to leave the weave alone when it becomes a crutch and you do not want anyone to see your real hair other than that weaves are absolutely fine.

Yeah, when you feel like you can't show your real hair, that's a problem. I LIKE having wig-free days every now and again, I like seeing the admiring looks and shy smiles from people who are admiring my hair. It makes me feel pretty :cloud9: lol. Of course, I can't do that too often or else my hair WILL break off down to SL... again.

lilsparkle825

After my setback earlier this year, I told myself I was going to stay weaved up until I got to MBL. One weave later, that idea was shot -- my edges were breaking off for some reason, and my SO haaaaated it. He came to me one day and said "Babe, I love your hair." :love: I knew something was up, and then he continued: "Why do you hate your hair?" As many times as I had explained the concept of PSing with weaves, he still didn't get it -- and neither did anyone else in my family. Once I took it down and saw my bgreaking edges, even I didn't get why I was doing it anymore. I know it works well for some ladies, but clearly I'm not one of them. I BABIED my hair in that thing, and my fine strands just couldn't take it. I've got exponential growth from bunning, so I guess I have found my ideal PS. The plus side is it's a lot cheaper...

Anyhoo, I can honestly say I DON'T understand why MBL+ ladies wear weaves/wigs. I think it's great that you found a way to get hair that long, but why continue to cover it? I equate it to saving up for a really great bag or a killer pair of shoes, then only taking them out of the box every few weeks to polish them. I have often heard people say that once they get to their goal length they will stop, but will you know how to care for (and especially style) your own hair when you have been doing one thing to it (braiding it up) for the past 3-4 years?

ThatJerseyGirl

Good question. I've worn weaves exclusively for the past (since I've joined LHCF). I don't remember the date, but for me, it's condusive to my lifestyle, in that I lift weights 5-6 days a week and simply do not have time to do my hair. Yes, I spray my braids, oil my scalp (oil every other night, spray morning and night), and take care of my hair underneath (I know...I know), but I really do not have the time. I've not used heat in 6 months. I usually braid it up while wet (large ones) and let it airdry.

In fact, it's so much of it, that often times, when I do take my tracks down, I have to take a day off just to wash, condition, etc., because I wash my hair while it's braided. It's thick and there is a lot of it. It even takes me at least 2 hours just to do a warm press...yes, 2 hours.

Now, do I care what people think? Phuuuuck no because I know I'm not bald headed. Besides, I LOVE the facial expressions of some of my friends who actually saw me without it and they were like WHOA!! And I get asked all the time, why do you wear it and blah blah blah. Even my stylist is like...c'mon sis...when are u gonna let it go. I'm like whateva...(while lightin up a newport)...just grab ur needle n thread n keep it sewin chile...

Then, I realized (thanks to this board) I'm a natural, 4a. Soft, thick tight curl pattern. I do not have any relaxer or chemicals in my hair.

After each install, I treat my hair to a protein treatment, deep condition, etc. My hair is in excellent condition underneath. When will I let go the weave? When extensions plus stop making my hair lololol....

No, just kidding. Until I figure out how to style this stuff, naturally. Seriously. Wigs are no longer an option for me since I had that disaster at the car wash. So no, wigs are totally out of the question. I've been tempted, but I need something more secure. Dayum dat....I've had too many episode wif wigs...train goes by, wig wants to run behind it on da platform....:nono:

Currently, as I can last remember, my natural hair, when stretched all over is midback. I'm past bra strap. I'll do another length check around November, when it's time to get them done over.

Hope this helped.

Bigmommah

I've been tempted, but I need something more secure. Dayum dat....I've had too many episode wif wigs...train goes by, wig wants to run behind it on da platform....:nono:

You made me spit out my coffee and laugh out loud at work. Therefore you win the interwebz for the day!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Lady S

When is the cutoff for hair that is too long to be hiding under a wig or weave? Never! My feeling is you can have hair down to your butt and still slap on a wig. Maybe you want to work a shorter style or a different color. If you're natural you can get a straight look w/out the flat iron or if you're relaxed you can get a kinky curly look. It's not always about length.

Do I feel conflicted about wearing fake hair? Hell no. I love it. It's fun to switch up styles & frankly, I have a lot of hair and sometimes I don't want to deal with it. I also don't feel conflicted about wearing concealer & foundation, control top pantyhose, or mascara.

How do I feel about other women using fake hair? Well, I have pointed people towards wig websites so. . . .

My personal opinion is if you are damaging your hair or if $$$ is an issue in the household, then step away from the yaki. Other then that, I don't see the problem.

Mari-Cris

I would never wear weave or a wig. I would absolutely hate it if I wore one and someone decided to ask "is that your hair?" because I would have to say "no".

Although they are protective styles they will always be associated with those who have "no hair" and I know I shouldn't really care what people think but I wouldn't want anyone to think that of me, especially now that I actually have hair...

My sentiments exactly.

You know what?...If you really did not care what people thought about your hair, you would be snatch-bald, would never style your hair, never go to a beauty salon, etc. But the fact is, 99.99% of women care about their appearance and hair.

So while I am on my LHCJ, I do not want anybody to assume I wear fake hair. If they see me wearing fake hair once or if I interchange all the time between fake hair and my real hair, they will never believe my hair is real once it is down to my waist.

The whole point of me growing my hair to classic length is for it to be MY hair, and if asked, to let people know that IT IS MY OWN HAIR. Wearing fake hair defeats the whole purpose, IMO. I would not want people to perceive me as one of those women who wear wigs/weaves because I have no hair (which the vast majority of people think).

Mari-Cris

After my setback earlier this year, I told myself I was going to stay weaved up until I got to MBL. One weave later, that idea was shot -- my edges were breaking off for some reason, and my SO haaaaated it. He came to me one day and said "Babe, I love your hair." :love: I knew something was up, and then he continued: "Why do you hate your hair?" As many times as I had explained the concept of PSing with weaves, he still didn't get it -- and neither did anyone else in my family. Once I took it down and saw my bgreaking edges, even I didn't get why I was doing it anymore. I know it works well for some ladies, but clearly I'm not one of them. I BABIED my hair in that thing, and my fine strands just couldn't take it. I've got exponential growth from bunning, so I guess I have found my ideal PS. The plus side is it's a lot cheaper...

Anyhoo, I can honestly say I DON'T understand why MBL+ ladies wear weaves/wigs. I think it's great that you found a way to get hair that long, but why continue to cover it? I equate it to saving up for a really great bag or a killer pair of shoes, then only taking them out of the box every few weeks to polish them. I have often heard people say that once they get to their goal length they will stop, but will you know how to care for (and especially style) your own hair when you have been doing one thing to it (braiding it up) for the past 3-4 years?

Co-Sign 1000%.

LadyPaniolo

At the first bolded, I know exactly what you mean. My BRIEF experience with weaves led to mildew, and edges that were ripped RIGHT OUT. It was awful. I wore braids for 2 years straight and my edges were healthy. A week in a weave took care of that situation :cry3:

At the second bolded I also understand your POV... That was one reason why I texlaxed once my hair hit APL :wallbash: which was like the biggest hair mistake EVER. I regret is so badly, and it has all but destroyed my hair's length and growth retention is a joke. I'm transitioning back to fully natural now. I had left my natural hair out for the first few months after my BC, but then went into full time C&G braids. It was just SO thick and super curly.... it was so hard to manage. I thought the texlaxing would help... and it did, for a while. Now the chemically altered hair is so weak, thin and whack compared to the natural. I would cut it all off and just be natural but I don't want to lose the length.

Hope this helped.

I truncated your post for brevity's sake... but you had me HOWLING and I will never forget that incident with the fine looking man and your wig getting caught in the vacuum OMG :rofl: I can't breathe even now remembering it! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: You gotta pin a wig on with 12,000 pins girl, or that NJ Transit train will snatch you bald headed lol.

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to deal with such a thick long amount of hair... it takes me a day or TWO to take down my braids, do a protein treatment, followed by a DC, and cornrow it all back up. Good thing I'm a SAHM and don't have to be anywhere really, but what am I gonna do next year when I start law school? I will NOT have the time to while away hours and hours with this head. Maybe switch to bunning? I dunno. But I will need to figure something out.

When is the cutoff for hair that is too long to be hiding under a wig or weave? Never! My feeling is you can have hair down to your butt and still slap on a wig. Maybe you want to work a shorter style or a different color. If you're natural you can get a straight look w/out the flat iron or if you're relaxed you can get a kinky curly look. It's not always about length.

Do I feel conflicted about wearing fake hair? Hell no. I love it. It's fun to switch up styles & frankly, I have a lot of hair and sometimes I don't want to deal with it. I also don't feel conflicted about wearing concealer & foundation, control top pantyhose, or mascara.

How do I feel about other women using fake hair? Well, I have pointed people towards wig websites so. . . .

My personal opinion is if you are damaging your hair or if $$$ is an issue in the household, then step away from the yaki. Other then that, I don't see the problem.

Yes, if you don't have the money then you need to leave it alone, no doubt. Wigs are addictive, too. You buy 3 then you decide you need them in another color, so you get 3 more, then you want coils, then you want long and straight :drunk: it never stops lol. I love the versatility. I love the ease. I hate the fact that it perpetuates a stereotype. I hate that people know it's fake. It's like a Greek tragedy lol

I AM...

LAAADDDIIIEEESSS I loves my WIIIZZZEEEVVVEEE.

Serious I just took down my Indian install and I am resting for three days. My weave was in for 2 months and the strength and retained strands are applaudable. My natural hair looks fab and after I workout tomorrow I have an appointment to weave it up again. I know my name, I know my worth and I grew up with my Daddy in the house so no issues here. It is just so much easier to maintain than my natural hair. In the past two months I would never have acheived what I did simply rockin my own hair. I big chopped June of last year and even with major cuts in between (due to the Bantu knot and afro obsession of 09) I have weaved my back to a few inches past SL and my front is almost Cl and I have a massive head!!

I never judge women who where weave or don't rock their own hair. It doesn't mean they have issues it could very simply mean they wanna maintain what growth they have and are using the weave as a tool. I mean that is why I do it. I also work out and take garlic, biotin, chlorella and flax seed . Now who would do all that if they ahd an issue with who they are.

Seriously I maintain my hair very well. I did a henna treatment and a conditioner made of honey, coconut milk, conditioner and bananas. My edges and ends are great and the weave blends well. I will probably rock my hair for my birthday in Dec. OR NOT. I wanna shout out the blessed Indian women who are helping me in this journey. Regardless my healthy beautiful natural hair is sittin under this weave saying "Wait til they get a load of me"

Don't judge weave ladies, judge bad weaves!

Last edited:

LadyPaniolo

Thanks for posting, I Am. You are one of many weave-wearing posters who are having success with weave; that's great! I'm jealous since weaves did not work for me. :( Do you plan to stop using them at some point? If so, when?

yamilee21

LadyP, didn't you post a thread a few months back saying you were going to start wearing your own hair instead of wigs/weaves? :lol: Candy has been posting a gazillion bun and updo suggestions in the Classic Challenge thread. Buns can't be much more time-consuming than squeezing all your gorgeous long hair under a wig. ;)

JJamiah

My sentiments exactly.

You know what?...If you really did not care what people thought about your hair, you would be snatch-bald, would never style your hair, never go to a beauty salon, etc. But the fact is, 99.99% of women care about their appearance and hair.

So while I am on my LHCJ, I do not want anybody to assume I wear fake hair. If they see me wearing fake hair once or if I interchange all the time between fake hair and my real hair, they will never believe my hair is real once it is down to my waist.

The whole point of me growing my hair to classic length is for it to be MY hair, and if asked, to let people know that IT IS MY OWN HAIR. Wearing fake hair defeats the whole purpose, IMO. I would not want people to perceive me as one of those women who wear wigs/weaves because I have no hair (which the vast majority of people think).

I totally disagree, Just because I don't care what the next person thinks about my hair doesn't mean I am going to run around looking like a barracuda. I would continue to be pleasing to my eye. The song Your so Vain bet you thought this song was about you, They can care less what others think because it is all about themselves and it when it comes to MY hair I don't give a fig newton who likes it or who doesn't other than the man in my bed! who placed a ring on my finger! and sometimes we have to compromise. :)

I am not my hair, it is part of my make up! I like to keep it beautiful. it's self fullfillment in my eyes.

SelfStyled

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. IA w/ the others, when it becomes a crutch than maybe it's time. I love half wigs, they are the perfect protective style for me, no stress on my edges, quick and easy. I kinda think about it like this.....if you achieved a weight loss goal, you wouldn't stop doing all the things you were doing after. Same goes for meeting a hair goal, if xyz regimen, wig, etc got you there- then why stop when you meet your goal.

I am older(40's) and so comfortable in my own skin. The thing about me is I am an open book, I could care less who knows that I wear wigs. Do I sometimes think that the hair looks fake on me- yup,do I care, nope. I honestly could care less. It's just hair, not War and Peace. I am not trying to fool anyone at all. I work FT,excercise 5-6 days a week, and have 3 kids that are super busy as well.

Wigs are so much less damaging for me than weaves, but if weaves work for the next person, I applaud you.

Even befor LHCF I never assumed that weave/wig wearers were bald. Also great point Sparkle about getting to know how to deal with your own hair. I can relax, blow dry, and flat iron really well. Asses my moisture and protein needs- so it's all good on my end. I have all the tools I need to take care of my own hair, and I love it.

LadyPaniolo

LadyP, didn't you post a thread a few months back saying you were going to start wearing your own hair instead of wigs/weaves? :lol: Candy has been posting a gazillion bun and updo suggestions in the Classic Challenge thread. Buns can't be much more time-consuming than squeezing all your gorgeous long hair under a wig. ;)

:lachen: Why you gotta put me on blast, though? :lachen: I did start wearing my hair out more :yep: In the first 3 years of my HHJ there were less than 5 days total that I wore my hair out. This year alone I've worn my own hair out like 15-20 times. Even when I wore C&G braids, I bunned them 95% of the time. So I'm wearing my hair out LOTS more than I have in the past.

As I've said, I'm conflicted over the issue. I go through times when I will scream if I wear a wig one more time, and there are times when the thought of not having a wig to put on makes me want to scream. But I definitely wear my hair out way more than I used to. It's hard to leave the fake hair alone because I fully admit, I'm addicted! :blush:

eta: buns would indeed take more time than getting this hair under a wig (thanks for the compliment BTW) because I cornrow it once and it's set for a month. Try that with a bun, you will be on the internet as the definition of HAM.

Last edited:

This is along the lines of how I feel. I love natural hair and have begun experimenting with weaves and have considered wigs. As long as it looks good, not messy, and doesn't scream 'FAKE HAIR' because the hair type doesn't match you, and it's not damaging your own hair, I'm cool with it. The problem I have too is that everyone else is profitting from our love of hair care, and I'm sure soem look down at us because of it, while they make that money. I sometimes wish weave/wig wearers would become a bit more conscious and a bit more picky when chosing their hair. Maybe that would cause those in the industry to supply us with better products and choices. Sigh.........

Transformer

When you can only afford the "Barbie Doll" hair sold at the dollar store. I'm absolutely positive that's where that stuff comes from....a BSS wouldn't even sell it. It wasn't Yaki or Kankelon....I don't know what it's called.

I walked into a chain grocery store and all the teen cashiers had this stuff in their head. It looked like the batting I use to make quilts or stuff pillows. It was tangled and it was obvious a few couldn't comb it because lint was throughout the mess. I know what it reminds me of....the stuff you make spider webs with for Halloween or Santa Claus' beard. I sent up a prayer to Mother Nature.

I want to add a disclaimer to my 1st post: I dont like wearing weaves. I LOOK like my hair is fake when I wear it. At least to me.

If others wear a weave thats fine. The ONLY time I give the :perplexed: look is if I can tell its a weave. You can really fool me with your weave so if I can see its a weave, its a baaaaad weave job. :nono:

lilsparkle825

I kinda think about it like this.....if you achieved a weight loss goal, you wouldn't stop doing all the things you were doing after. Same goes for meeting a hair goal, if xyz regimen, wig, etc got you there- then why stop when you meet your goal.
Sure you'd keep exercising and eating right, but you wouldn't wear the same clothes. Unlike before, you'd bust out the itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini every once in a while. You'd dress differently. Why wouldn't you want to flaunt your hair much the same way? You worked for it; show it off! :blondboob That doesn't mean wear it down every single day, but why hide it all the time, especially under someone else's hair?