when joining LHCF what was your main focus...and what is your focus now?

IMFOCSD

Hi Everyone!

When I first joined LHCF my main focus was to learn as much as I could about healthy hair and what to do to achieve and maintain it. Once I learned how to maintain healthy hair I was content with above SL hair...I was so into coloring and cutting lol. I am now focusing on growing my hair beyond SL with protective styles which have given me great results.

what about you ladies..

chasturner84

When I first joined LHCF, my focus was on learning more about healthy hair practices in order to gain length. I had always been SL so I just wanted to get to BSL. I am now grazing BSL, and my focus is keeping my hair moisturized and protected in order to get to MBL.

IMFOCSD

When I first joined LHCF, my focus was on learning more about healthy hair practices in order to gain length. I had always been SL so I just wanted to get to BSL. I am now grazing BSL, and my focus is keeping my hair moisturized and protected in order to get to MBL.

Your hair is very pretty..:yep:

EccentricRed

When I first joined in 2008 (under another name): 100% health focus.

Now that I have been reformed (addicted to using heat, wrong products, no PS, etc.) gotten my hair healthy, transitioned, BC'd, and been 100% natural for a little over a year, it's alllllllll about the length! BSL in 2011 and MBL in 2012! :yep:

Let's GO!
:lots:

LilMissRed

when I went natural I had no clue. so I found this site and Ive been focusing on health first n foremost and I love tha dvice suggestions on products/maintenance

beautyaddict1913

When I first joined LHCF my focus was on becoming natural. I joined at 15 months post relaxer. It was my plan to transition for 3 years. Then, I got the courage from the ladies of the board to just do it at 2 yrs post relaxer! I haven't looked back! My focus now is on LENGTH! I want my natural hair at APL or longer UNSTRETCHED! I will be there by 2013 for sure lol.

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
When ifirst joined LHCF, my main focus was to understand why was my hair breaking so awful much. :perplexed ilearned it was from using products with too much proteins.. ilearned alot about moisture/protein balance :grin:

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
When I joined I really didn't know what to do with my hair. I was really confused after chopping off my hair and frustration with bald spots. I was just googling black hair and came across this site and liked it. I lurked :hide:for a couple of months and then joined. Now the hair has grown back and i'm focusing on thickening up my natural hair and retention of new growth. Oh yes and putting down the scissors.

IMFOCSD

Thanks for responding ladies!

I love LHCF..me and a friend had a heated "debate" lol. She feels that black women cannot acheive long hair ie apl and beyond. She knows I am a member her and is always tryna argue with me smh..She also said finding research to grow hair is stupid...sigh. I just said oaky and changed the subject lol.

Fine 4s

I didn't know what I wanted until I got here.
I wanted to learn how to care for my hair better yes, but I never imagined that what I would learn would actually help me grow WL hair!

ChristmasCarol

Thanks for responding ladies!

I love LHCF..me and a friend had a heated "debate" lol. She feels that black women cannot acheive long hair ie apl and beyond. She knows I am a member her and is always tryna argue with me smh..She also said finding research to grow hair is stupid...sigh. I just said oaky and changed the subject lol.

Have you shown her pics of members' long hair? If so, how does she explain it? In her whole life she's never seen a Black woman with long hair?

Maybe your friend is just messin' witchu, lol

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
My main focus was gaining length with my relaxed hair. Now I'm trying to regain health with my natural hair and then some length.

EllePixie

Then: Retaining length and talking about hair
Now: Retaining length and talking about hair, laughing at messiness

IMFOCSD

Have you shown her pics of members' long hair? If so, how does she explain it? In her whole life she's never seen a Black woman with long hair?

Maybe your friend is just messin' witchu, lol

Yup I have shown pics and she jus says well jus because she has long hair does not mean we can all have long hair and I tell her thats why you research and learn..and she goes on talkin bout genetics and medicine/chemistry blah blah blah smh lol.

KurlyNinja

I found LHCF when I was looking for ways to care for natural hair and how to transition even though i didnt know it was called transitioning then. Now I'm here to learn how to grow my natural hair to WL and the "gates" keep me around too. :lol:

TraciChanel

For me, it was to gain length and to learn how to take care of my hair in its natural state (w/o a relaxer). Also, being a part of the forum motivates me to keep up my regimen to achieve my desired hair length.

manter26

I fully intended to stay relaxed and grow long (bsl) relaxed hair. I came to the conclusion that (almost) everyone eventually goes natural, so I might as well have another go at it sooner than later. I wanted to grow natural hair and relax or bkt or heat train at bsl. Now I'm desperately trying to keep my curlies healthy and grow my natural hair to wl. I have no intention of ever straightening permanently.

Sometimes, I find it strange how much I love my natural hair. I'll spend hours blow drying, flat ironing, pin curling, etc and I end up washing it out in 3 days because I miss my fro so much. smh. I gotta stop doing that.

faithVA

I didn't know what I wanted until I got here.
I wanted to learn how to care for my hair better yes, but I never imagined that what I would learn would actually help me grow WL hair!

I think this is me as well. I don't know what I was looking for or what I wanted when I came upon the board. I had a general feeling that my hair could be better so I was just scanning the web. When I found this forum, there was a lot of great information and advice. And you could tell how helpful people were.

I think I only lurked for a week before I joined. It is mind boggling how much information is here. Even after being here for awhile there is always something new. This week "barrettes with hair attached giving you a pony tail" :look: Who knew?

knt1229

When I first joined I was focused on transitioning.

Now, I'm fully natural and I'm not as interested in the hair forum. I already had healthy hair and good hair practices. I have learned some new techniques and picked up knowledge on product ingredients. I spend most of my time in the Off Topic or Entertainment Forums.

Last edited:

IMFOCSD

I think this is me as well. I don't know what I was looking for or what I wanted when I came upon the board. I had a general feeling that my hair could be better so I was just scanning the web. When I found this forum, there was a lot of great information and advice. And you could tell how helpful people were.

I think I only lurked for a week before I joined. It is mind boggling how much information is here. Even after being here for awhile there is always something new. This week "barrettes with hair attached giving you a pony tail" :look: Who knew?

The bolded is soo true!! I am still learning after all these years lol.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Was focused on maintaining healthy, relaxed hair, but since joining, I have gone natural so the focus is healthy, natural hair....

And accessories recs...

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Long Hair Care Forum App

Napp

Ms. Nobody
my first goal was length

now my goal is optimal health and thickness. length will come but i am satisfied with the length i have now. because i have thicker/more even hair i don't really have "hair anorexia."