when joining LHCF what was your main focus...and what is your focus now?

danigurl18

Back then, I joined because my relaxed hair was dry all the time and I couldn't find a good moisturizer. Now it's about continuing to gain length as a natural and talking about hair with you lovely ladies.

lovegymnasts

I wanted to get in on some good and sometimes heated discussions.
I love the thought provoking threads.
Otherwise, I would have lurked forever. You can get all the information you could possibly want and need just by lurking.

lolascurls

I was already on my hair journey for a year before I joined...I wanted to learn more healthy hair techniques like rollersetting (still suck) and have some more support whilst growing out my hair!

Now, I am still learning and growing but I also found the non-haircare forums, which are helping me in other areas as well!
However, totally a bonus being MBL on the way to WL now! :grin::grin:

Mrs. Verde

Then - Length, length, and more length.

Now - Length, length, and more length (and maintaining healthy hair).

maxineshaw

I didn't join LHCF for hair. I joined because of the Christian Forum. I am just now focusing on the health of my hair as well as length.

aquajoyice

In the beginning strictly length then it turned into a search for good products and now it's mainly for natural style ideas.

klb120475

In the beginning it was length. It still is but right now I'm focused on how to get rid of this dandruff . Totally perplexed because its never been an issue for me.

NuBraveHeart

i joined the forum in 2006 out of curiosity of what was on here, but never actually LOOKED at the site until september of 2008. i was fed up with my relaxed hair not getting longer, and literally googled upon this site again. so, when i started really paying attention to the forum and heeding advice, i was going for length. as i've grown into an understanding with my hair, i have kind of put the length thing on the back burner. i've been more interested in going natural, taking care of my natural hair, and strengthening and thickening my fine strands. i suppose i assume that length will come when i take care of the rest of my wishes. i don't want long hair for the sake of it being long. i really want full, thick, healthy hair, and if length comes along with that, that's AWESOME! good topic OP.

naturalTAN

Thanks for responding ladies!

I love LHCF..me and a friend had a heated "debate" lol. She feels that black women cannot acheive long hair ie apl and beyond. She knows I am a member her and is always tryna argue with me smh..She also said finding research to grow hair is stupid...sigh. I just said oaky and changed the subject lol.

please prove her wrong. your hair already looks beautiful though. :grin:

curlyninjagirl

Then: To have MBL length hair so I wouldn't have to rely on the micros that were murdering my edges!

Now: Treating this hair growth journey as more of a science experiment to determine my terminal length; if it's to the FLOOR, so be it!! :grin:

keepithealthy

I first joined because I wanted to go natural and had no idea what to do with natural hair. Now I want to see if I can make to full bsl and beyond.

Lita

Then- I was trying to grow my hair back after radiation...When it started to grow back/Made a major mistake & got a perm....

Now-Trying to thicken it/Like it was before & just focus on healthy hair practices/sticking with what works..PS..GROW baby GROW..

Happy Hair Growing!

mischka

shrinkage.
I'm relearning my natural hair again so my main goal right now is finding the perfect way to balance my hair - how to create and keep soft, supple, hydrated strands. After that I will focus on perfecting the wash and go. I feel like there's so much information out there about products and since I feel like most of my issue is that I haven't found the right products for my hair it's just a big swamp to wade through.

KimPossibli

Supergirl
Initially to maintain my relaxed hair.....

now to transition into my natural hair with as little hair drama as possible

and it will be to maintain my natural hair once I bc.