When The Africans Braid Your Hair....

PuddingPop

OMG, that was hilarious.
I'm so happy after many years of pain and searching to have found a a gentle African hair braider, she has the hands of an Angel.
I remember going to a shop one time and if I didn't know any better I would of swore that Bich took razor blades to my scalp because that's exactly what it felt like. It was not that bad while she was doing it because I would've definitely stopped her. I guess everything was numb at first but about an hour after,I was almost in tears. It was nothing like I've ever experienced. Luckily it was just a beehive pattern so I could wear my wig. I took that mess right out. Never stepped foot in that place again.

JudithO

LOL - there are exceptions... I am extremely tender headed and have two african braiders that take care of me. One of them in Pittsburgh, and the other in NJ... Beautiful hair with almost 0 pain! I'll never let anyone else on the planet touch my hair, as a matter of fact when I go home (to Nigeria), I don't even let them do my hair - those people have no respect for my fine 4c strands...

SmileyNY

I've been debating going back to my braid shop because of this same reason. I was out in 2 hours tho w/waist length box braids..like 5 women were on my head. But it took like 2 weeks for me to look less Asian. How do they get every baby hair in the braid???

:dead: :dead: :dead:

Evolving78

I am sorry but:rofl::rofl::rofl:
They had me looking like the Predator! I wanted some kinky twists. I have a peanut head. They used all the hair in the shop on my head. And the color she suggested didn't look good on me. Three of them attacked my head. I felt they jumped me in an alley! It was horrible!

They knew they had me looking a mess too! Gave me a free pen and compact mirror I think. That was back in 2000? Their work are in a ton of hair braiding magazines. I thought I was gonna come out looking like one of those pictures! Not!