when u reach stretch goal & feel no NG

PassionFruit

at first I thought I had no NG at all... now I realize that I do have some, its just very soft & under control ( yeah co-washing & good moisturizing)....

well I planned a 12 week stretch and Ive met that goal...

Im not sure what to do next... stretch another 4 weeks and risk the breakage that some get when they stretch too long or go on for a full transition or to end my stretch today as planned...

Im not so much looking for votes on what to do but rather how did ya decide what to do?

I do know I wont be getting anything done to my hair for the entire summer... co-washes, moisturize and a ponytail or bun is all I plan to do until at least Labor Day

Do you think you can handle stretching for more? Are you getting breakage? If not... why not keep stretching. For me the longer I can go without the creamy crack the better. This week will be my 18th week. My sister calls it "letting your hair breathe".

i say continue to stretch, you don't have to go 4 weeks. just go week by week. if you hair is fine after a week keep going, if it starts acting up go ahead and relax.

Stretch week by week and see where it goes. I usually relax at 12 weeks. Last time I went to 20 (part of it was laziness, part of it was because NG was under control)

Post 12 weeks I take it week by week to see how far I can go. I keep a careful watch on breakage and excessive tangling.

-A

I'm 13 weeks post relaxer and I started getting some breakage. I tried the coconut and lime mixture and that helped stop the breakage, made my hair easier to work with. Give it a shot!

I think the longer the stretch the more we have to baby our hair

It's funny that you started this thread cuz I was thinking the same thing. Some days, it feels like I have no new growth but after I work out the sweat drys my hair out and I can see the new growth. I am 12 weeks post and plan on stretching 4 more weeks. I co-wash daily and have no breakage at all.

It's funny that you started this thread cuz I was thinking the same thing. Some days, it feels like I have no new growth but after I work out the sweat drys my hair out and I can see the new growth. I am 12 weeks post and plan on stretching 4 more weeks. I co-wash daily and have no breakage at all.

Miss PeggyFair, how are you wearing your hair? Co- washing daily ... I'm jealous girl... no breakage at all?

Miss PeggyFair, how are you wearing your hair? Co- washing daily ... I'm jealous girl... no breakage at all?

I was wearing braidouts but got tired of that, now I just wear it in a ponytail. My hair is pretty resilient and I ALWAYS, ALWAYS moisturize it, my hair stays moisturized 24/7. I moisturize with HE Hello Hydration, castor oil and coconut oil and brush it on through.

Well I never feel like I've gotten any growth until I've done a comparison shot of my hair. I just relaxed my hair today after a 21 and a half weeks strretch. I am so glad I did because I was beginning to have breakage and I'd rather have hair on my head than put it through the trauma of completing the 7 months stretch that I had originally planned to do. My hair is happy again. I would never have been able to do a stretch this long without my braids extensions, which by the way, I love and will do again.

Back