when you airdry your hair does it get crunchy?

Determined22

I used to have crispy hair after airdrying, and nothing would help. I'd have to rewash and then use heat.

I've since learned to use a regular conditioner as a leave-in when I airdry, and that leaves my hair soft and not crunchy/crispy.

Sequoia

It used to feel crunchy but i think a combo of deep conditioning (sometimes with a conditioning cap) using a little leave-in conditioner and sealing the ends with coconut oil, then tying hair back with satin scarf makes my hair feel smoother and moisturised.

so so chic

It used to feel crunchy but i think a combo of deep conditioning (sometimes with a conditioning cap) using a little leave-in conditioner and sealing the ends with coconut oil, then tying hair back with satin scarf makes my hair feel smoother and moisturised.

I just did exactly this and put my hair in one braid and tied it up with a scarf until dry. My hair is now nice and soft.

growinstrong

yes, and it still does, but I will take you ladies suggestions and try them out next weekend when I wash. What about detangling? do you see a lot of shed hair when you comb after airdrying or is combing a bit no-no :nono:?

Last edited: