Where did you get your wig? ummm...its all MY hair (lol)

naturalgyrl5199

A client from Africa thought my co-worker (APL, relaxed hair) was wearing a wig and insisted on getting one of her own and wanted to know where did she get that beautiful wig.

My co-worker is new and was simply wearing it down with a teeny tiny elastic band as a head band, and she is old-school so it was greased down:)

Anyways, we thought it was hilarious. I had to explain to our white collegues who were also there that a lot of folk don't think black women can grow long hair.....

I was wearing a braid out 2 weeks ago (the braidout falls to my shoulders now-I am natural), and one of my co-workers from another dept asked about my "weave". I took that as a compliment cause she is natural too but wears and keeps a short fro-but she wears curly or kinky weaves a lot. She is in her 50's and says she hates doing her hair...

This is just too funny!

naturalgyrl5199

I thought it would be annoying to have folk think your hair was fake...but I am at the beginning of that...so umm....time will tell. When stretched, my hair is BSB.

Vashti

I know I'll be glad one day when people think I'm wearing a weave. Then I'll know I have arrived!:grin: