Where do you ladies purchase your avocado oil from?

Maxitonia

I would like to try avocado oil for skin and hair but don't know where to buy it from. GNC does not sell it, I found a big bottle at the stop and shop super store for $10.50 it's extra virgin avocado oil cold pressed in the oils section of the store, I was skeptical to buy it because I did not know if this is the right one to use for hair and skin. So I wanted to ask you ladies where do you buy your avocado oil from???

deusa80

For the avocado oil I use for my hair I just buy it at whole foods...it's located where all the other oils are. It's the whole foods brand...refined/expeller pressed...8oz for about $6 I think. There is also unrefined avocado oil(which I just learned about from another thread), but I'm not sure if they sell that in stores.

Stella B.

I bought mine on-line from the 'avocado of the month club' site. I paid a whopping $20.00 for it, because it stated that it was emerald green in color (the darker the color, the more nutritious it is supposed to be for the hair and scalp-I learned this from Traycee)-Thanks girlie!!!). It turned out to be just a shade darker than the olive green color avocado oils that you buy off the shelf in a grocery store.:nono: Guess where I'll be getting my next bottle from???

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I get mine from a 'specialty' Health Food Store. Not a chain like GNC -- but one tof the smaller stores that specialize specifically in herbs and herbal medicine.

Maxitonia

Ok I have a Rite aid next to my house I will try there. I think the avocado oil in the super market is more for cooking I guess that's why I was hesitannt to buy it but I remember it was green.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I get mine at a local health food store OR whole foods. I get the Spectrum brand. I have tried others and even ordered from specialty websites but I always go back to Spectrum. :)