Which do you believe?

StrawberryQueen

When we are all judged, what will happen to us? Some think Hell is only temporary, and we will all go to heaven eventually (I can't remember the preacher who said that, sorry).

Some believe in purgatory, and eternal darkness (not necessarily something "bad" or a punishment).

Some believe Heaven will be being able to be reborn on Earth (again?).

What do you all think?

PaperClip

Based on today's speaker at my church today, hell is VERY REAL, VERY HOT, and the eternal place of torment...the operative word being ETERNAL. There is no escape.

Please see the thread I posted called "23 Minutes in Hell". That's the title of the book that the person wrote who spoke at my church.

StrawberryQueen

RelaxerRehab said:
Based on today's speaker at my church today, hell is VERY REAL, VERY HOT, and the eternal place of torment...the operative word being ETERNAL. There is no escape.

Please see the thread I posted called "23 Minutes in Hell". That's the title of the book that the person wrote who spoke at my church.
Yes, your thread inspired me to start this. I'll go back and watch the video.

ThursdayGirl

I believe that Hell is real. I don't want to go, I watched that video...and did feel a little conviction. Esp. about not taking Hell seriously. Yes its real, but I think I took it for granted.

dlewis

StrawberryQueen said:
When we are all judged, what will happen to us? Some think Hell is only temporary, and we will all go to heaven eventually (I can't remember the preacher who said that, sorry).

Some believe in purgatory, and eternal darkness (not necessarily something "bad" or a punishment).

Some believe Heaven will be being able to be reborn on Earth (again?).

What do you all think?

I don't believe in any of the choices given

cheetarah1980

Scripture says that eventually Messiah will come back and establish his kingdom here on earth in Jerusalem. Not everyone will be a part of that kingdom. I do believe in the idea of hell but not as contemporary Christianity portrays it. The idea of the red devil in the hot burning flames isn't present in Old Testament scripture and the lake of fire may be taken out of context in New Testament scriptures.

dicapr

I belive in hell as it is described in Revelations. That those who reject God will be burned. However, my church teaches that only the Devil and his angels will be subjected to eternal torment Rev 20:10. Rev 20:9 states that the lost will be devoured. God in his mercy even in the end, will not subject humans to eternal torment. They will be allowed to die. Only Satan will be delt this punishment of eternal torment.