Which is better - human hair or synthetic hair (hair pieces)?

Which is better - human hair or synthetic hair

• Human hair

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Synthetic hair

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Glib Gurl

I'm trying to decide on whether I should get some hair pieces (ponytails and such) made from human hair or synthetic hair. I don't have much experience with hair pieces so I don't know the pros and cons of each type. Can someone please school me?

Thanks!

LivingDoll

The main difference is that while human hair can be washed and heat styled, synthetic hair cannot. Also, synthetic hair may become tangled (matted) and dry after a while. When it gets like that it's unsalvageable.

Glib Gurl

The main difference is that while human hair can be washed and heat styled, synthetic hair cannot. Also, synthetic hair may become tangled (matted) and dry after a while. When it gets like that it's unsalvageable.

Now you know I was asking so I can go ahead and get a UPA clip, right? :grin: I'm going to order mines (yes, mines ;)) today!

CenteredGirl

I like synthetic hair because it is cheaper so you can purchase many cute styles. The fact that they are pre-styled are the allure for me. Bev Johnson has a line of wigs where the hairs are individually attached making them very manageable and long lasting. I've got a couple that are about $50 each and love them.

The shorter you get them, the long they will last because you avoid matting at the nape.

Good luck and want to see pics of your new protective styles!