Which is the better option???

preciousfa02

i'm relaxed but havent touched up my realxer since the 20th of june. Is it harmful to my new growth to flat iron it? I'm holding out on relaxing my hair in the attempt to work out. Braidouts are optional for me as well but with the cold ny weather...i dont know. Should i just relax it or continue to flat iron my ng?...tia
I dont have a set reggie but i usually wash,dc,rollerset & flatiron every 2 weeks

I workout too so flatiron does not last. If you are gonna flatiron just make sure you are not causing heat damage, and should be all good. Its really just your preference on whether to relax or not. Are you trying to stretch longer, any particular reason you don't want to relax and are conflicted?

Honestly golden75 I don't really have the desire to relax plus I'm lazy! It takes me about 3-4 hours to do my hair. At times I find that when I flat iron my hair it looks like a fresh relaxer anyway especially when I use turn up the heat heat protector.

My hair can handle the flatiron. I'm 11 weeks post with about 2-3 full inches of ng on my head. I'm a relaxed 4b (whater is course and coily). Im sure you already know that your workout will cause reversion... But as long as you use a heat protectant and not too much heat you should be good.
Hth.

Back