Which product do you think is better to press my hair with

dany06

Im really interested in pressing my natural hair. I havent really done it on my whole head but I can not go through torture with a stylist again. She never detangled prior to pressing my hair. So you can imagine what I went through.

I have narrowed down a few products to use for pressing my hair. Im not sure if I should go with the Mizani Thermasmooth 4 piece system or Etae for natural kit plus sabino moisture block? I havent heard of anyone using these products to actually press their hair. I only see people using these product to flat iron their hair. Are these products safe to use for pressing with a pressing comb? I assume that they are but Im just asking to make sure. If you have any other recommendation Im open to them as well.

Irresistible

Im really interested in pressing my natural hair. I havent really done it on my whole head but I can not go through torture with a stylist again. She never detangled prior to pressing my hair. So you can imagine what I went through.

I have narrowed down a few products to use for pressing my hair. Im not sure if I should go with the Mizani Thermasmooth 4 piece system or Etae for natural kit plus sabino moisture block? I havent heard of anyone using these products to actually press their hair. I only see people using these product to flat iron their hair. Are these products safe to use for pressing with a pressing comb? I assume that they are but Im just asking to make sure. If you have any other recommendation Im open to them as well.

anything that can be used to flat iron can be used for pressing as well:yep:

melodies815

I have only heard good things about Sabino, and I am so sure that your hair will turn out beautifully, flat ironed or hot combed.

Out of curiosity...why would you not just use a flat iron to get it straight? No real reason for asking, but having been natural amd having hot combed, I didn't have a huge difference between either and actually had better control and fewer burns with the flat iron. I'm relaxed now, so my memory may not count so much...

...but I know your hair will turn out beautifully. Please let us know how everything turns out.

I think I am going to go natural...again... *sigh*

Blessings,
cj

Snuckles

Yeah, I used Sabino twice. Once to flat iron which turned into a hot mess. And another time (last night) to press, still turned into a hot mess. I have highly textured resistant hair. Sabino doesn't work for eveyone and I wish I'd known that before I purchased it.

Christi, one might press instead of flat ironing to get the hair even straighter or to get the ends really good.

Barbara

Princess
I highly recommend Verifen Complex Hair Oil, African Royal Hot 6 Oils and Hairobics Hair Oil or Hairobics Detangling Oil.

Last edited: