To hairfanatic and sweatcocoa

babyblue

Hi im going to answer your questions. For some reason i can only read posts when im logged off, when im logged on i cant see posts but im able to post new topics only /images/graemlins/confused.gif Ive been natural most of my life my mom didnt want me to relax but she sent me to get my hair pressed at the beauty shop every two weeks. In high school i had a short stint with relaxers and extension braids which damaged my hair and i grew it out and went back to pressing. When i got to college i started questioning why black women feel we need to change our hair texture? Why cant i just wash and go? I decided that i have no reason to be ashamed of my god given texture and started wearing natural styles. I still love to wear my hair straight just not every day. For me now straight hair is a temporary styling option, not a daily necessity. When my natural hair wants to disobey me /images/graemlins/mad.gif or i start having "Straight hair withdrawal" I just press it cause its temporary and i can always "go back"(pun intended)
I like products that moisturize and detangle like cream of nature shampoo, aussie slip detangler,infusium,hair mayo,aloe vera gel, blue magic coconut oil grease, lekair cholesterol, and the whole fantasia product line, for pressing i use dudleys creme press, just for me pressing cream, or ultra sheen creme satin press. I want to give up grease and mineral oil so im looking for more natural oils. Im trying to narrow my products down now to the most effective. I have a habit of buying things only to use it like twice. i hope i answered your questions /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sweetcocoa

Thanks Babyblue....I'm loving my natural hair today...but like you said when I get the urge again I'd like to try pressing. That's what I'm looking into. Thanks for the encouragement and the info. I'll be in touch. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adrienne0914

babyblue, i had the same problem when i joined. i wrote to the moderator to fix it. she deleted my account, and when i recreated my profile, it worked fine ever since. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

p.s. email her at [email protected]

hairfanatic

Hi babyblue,

It sounds like you really come to appreciate your beautiful mane. Unfortunately for me, I still go through straight hair withdrawals especially when I have worn my hair naturally for a while. I guess that is the thing I appreciate most being able to go from curly to straight and back again.

I also love aloe vera gel it's fantastic but can be expensive at some places. Like you I did a lot of experimenting with products, I have narrowed it down to the ones that work but still won't hesitate to try something new. As far as grease, once I gave it up my scalped felt like it could breath, also my husband used to say my hair smelled even after I washed it the day before...it was the grease tucked in all the hair building a smell.