Which vitamins do you contribute to your growth?

Tresses

Alright ladies, I have finally been able to commit to a regimen, sort of:) I am about to incorporate my MTG and I was wondering from those of you who take vitamins specifically for your hair growth, which ones you take.

Rep at GNC said that horsetail and biotin are great for hair growth but I want to know specifically which ones you guys take and have they worked.

TIA

Mama Cita

I have a whole laundry list of vitamins I take. Lets see...HF37, MSM (powder), silica, horsetail, phyto. I will be taking nioxin and biotin when it arrives. I want to take a good multi-vitamin so if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. Any way I am getting 1 inch of new growth a month and my goal is to consistantly get 2 inches per month. I think once I get back in the gym I can hit that target. I am drinking an obscene amount of water because I am in Baghdad and the heat here makes absolutely NO SENSE!!!!! I also drink 2 protien shakes a day. Oh, and I'm looking into getting Fo-Ti also. It's a lot I know but anything goes in pursuit if your goals!!!! I want to reach classic length by 2011 at the latest so any help would be GREATLY appreciated.:)

ekomba

what really worked for me in the past are freeda biotin10mg, puritan pride biotin 1mg i use to take 6, Vitol hair nails skins (with 3mg biotin), Freeda silica, Nature s made super b complex, natures bounty evening primrose oil, solo multivit and msm pills or powder (Carlson) these are a good start that will produce extra extra fast results i guarantee u!!!!! i used to put cornrows and 2 weeks after i had an inch of hair:eek: and would go back to my african braider when usually i could keep cornrow easily for 6weeks and still not have that much growth i could not keep it for more than 2 weeks everyone in the salon asked me what was my secret why all a sudden i was experiencing growth spurts the biotin is very vital to me as well as the Vitol

GinnyP

ekomba said:
what really worked for me in the past are freeda biotin10mg, puritan pride biotin 1mg i use to take 6, Vitol hair nails skins (with 3mg biotin), Freeda silica, Nature s made super b complex, natures bounty evening primrose oil, solo multivit and msm pills or powder (Carlson) these are a good start that will produce extra extra fast results i guarantee u!!!!! i used to put cornrows and 2 weeks after i had an inch of hair:eek: and would go back to my african braider when usually i could keep cornrow easily for 6weeks and still not have that much growth i could not keep it for more than 2 weeks everyone in the salon asked me what was my secret why all a sudden i was experiencing growth spurts the biotin is very vital to me as well as the Vitol
Ekoma, thanks for sharing I just wanted to know can you take too much biotin and what is too much? I take 5mg of Biotin from Puritan Pride I hope it's working I wish I could get two inches a month and keep it.

princesmich

I took biotin, it did nothing for me, I went back to gueye's herbal hair growth vitamins, this grew my hair to bra strap 6 yrs ago and i know it can do it again.

ekomba

jancan7 said:
Ekoma, thanks for sharing I just wanted to know can you take too much biotin and what is too much? I take 5mg of Biotin from Puritan Pride I hope it's working I wish I could get two inches a month and keep it.

Hey Jancan7 to get results with the biotin you have to not only take a multivitamin and the equivalence or more of vitamin c. i was taking 20mg of biotin daily but taking also a hair vits and epo to follow the bargello method and it worked for me it s just that i dont stay with what works . when i run out lol i buy new things that i love to try. biotin is a b vit so what u dont used is flushed down automatically so its good to divide in 3 the doses and take it at different times of the day me what i would do i take the freeda 10mg in the morning and at night i take the pp biotin and hair vits my hair sprouted out with the hair vit vitol and msm. now i see good results also with my gueye vits, foti, but i would love to try viviscal i havent used any vits this past month i run out of everyyyyyyyyyyyyything lol:lachen: and i need my vits badly but i need to decide what to get for multivit i might get solo cause u get just one a day and i hate horse pills like the gnc ones and this one is a small tablet, i m get my vitol back my baby but the hair nails and skin u take 1 a day, i m not gonna reorder the freeda 10mg biotin i m take pp biotin 6 of them, i ll reorder foti, i m not gonna reorder shen min i ll get the heshou wu straight from the foti, i m gonna order viviscal, carlson msm powder and that s it maybe nature s bounty epo and voila yeahh so i can try to get to brastrap midback for december lol