Which Way to Go, Lord? Dr. Creflo A. Dollar

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Which Way to Go, Lord?
Dr. Creflo A. Dollar
God wants you to know exactly where you're going in life. He doesn't want you to stumble around, unsure of whether the steps you are taking are the right ones. Instead, He desires that you have crystal-clear spiritual hearing so you can receive specific instructions regarding the path He wants you to take in life. In other words, God wants you to stop and ask Him for directions daily!
Like the prophet Jeremiah, you have a God-given mission (Jeremiah 1:4-10; 29:11). The key to carrying out the mission, or vision, God has given you is your ability to receive directions from Him and your willingness to immediately obey what He tells you to do. God wants to give you detailed instructions about which way to go as well as every situation that concerns you. He doesn't just want to deal with you in vague impressions either, but in specifics. When you increase your awareness of God's voice, you position yourself to step right into His perfect will for your life.
Proverbs 6:23 says, "For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life." God's directions give light to your vision. They are the steps you must take to accomplish His master plan for your life. The greatest asset you have as a Believer is an unbroken connection with God. Through daily fellowship with Him and the study of His Word, you empower yourself to recognize His voice and obey Him in even the smallest act. Like pieces of a puzzle, each step you take gradually enables you to see the bigger picture.
The will of God for your life is not something that is handed to you on a silver platter-you must discover what God desires for you to accomplish. That means quality time communing with Him and making His Word the final authority in every area of your life.
Being born again is the prerequisite to discovering your God-given assignment. Accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Savior is the doorway to your destiny. Without Him guiding you, you won't reach your final destination. But once you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life and begin seeking Him daily, He will begin revealing your purpose to you.
In locating your purpose, consider those things for which you have a passion. What is it that you could do all the time, even without being paid? What attributes and characteristics do others consistently notice about you? Determine the abilities God has given you and the areas in which you get consistent results. These are signposts to help point you in the direction of your destiny.
Praying in the Spirit is another helpful tool in determining the direction God wants you to take in life. When you pray in tongues, you allow the Holy Spirit to pray through you, and release the wisdom you need to move forward in life. Proverbs 20:27 says that the spirit of a man is the candle of the Lord. The Holy Spirit Who is within your born-again spirit will guide you into all truth, including what it is you are supposed to be doing. When you pray in tongues, you also build up your spirit man and sharpen your spiritual discernment. The more you pray in the spirit and spend time listening for God's voice, the more confident you will be when it comes to stepping out on His instructions.
The apostle Paul said, "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain" (1 Corinthians 9:24). There is a set race for you to run, and God wants you to discover it. Make a concerted effort to pray and yield to His instructions daily. Before long, you will find yourself walking in your divine destiny!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
That's a very practical approach to a DAILY walk with Christ. :yep: Maintaining a real relationship with God is a lot of work, but well worth it!! :

:heart:
God Bless!

Which Way to Go, Lord?
Dr. Creflo A. Dollar
God wants you to know exactly where you're going in life. He doesn't want you to stumble around, unsure of whether the steps you are taking are the right ones. Instead, He desires that you have crystal-clear spiritual hearing so you can receive specific instructions regarding the path He wants you to take in life. In other words, God wants you to stop and ask Him for directions daily!
Like the prophet Jeremiah, you have a God-given mission (Jeremiah 1:4-10; 29:11). The key to carrying out the mission, or vision, God has given you is your ability to receive directions from Him and your willingness to immediately obey what He tells you to do. God wants to give you detailed instructions about which way to go as well as every situation that concerns you. He doesn't just want to deal with you in vague impressions either, but in specifics. When you increase your awareness of God's voice, you position yourself to step right into His perfect will for your life.
Proverbs 6:23 says, "For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life." God's directions give light to your vision. They are the steps you must take to accomplish His master plan for your life. The greatest asset you have as a Believer is an unbroken connection with God. Through daily fellowship with Him and the study of His Word, you empower yourself to recognize His voice and obey Him in even the smallest act. Like pieces of a puzzle, each step you take gradually enables you to see the bigger picture.
The will of God for your life is not something that is handed to you on a silver platter-you must discover what God desires for you to accomplish. That means quality time communing with Him and making His Word the final authority in every area of your life.
Being born again is the prerequisite to discovering your God-given assignment. Accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Savior is the doorway to your destiny. Without Him guiding you, you won't reach your final destination. But once you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life and begin seeking Him daily, He will begin revealing your purpose to you.
In locating your purpose, consider those things for which you have a passion. What is it that you could do all the time, even without being paid? What attributes and characteristics do others consistently notice about you? Determine the abilities God has given you and the areas in which you get consistent results. These are signposts to help point you in the direction of your destiny.
Praying in the Spirit is another helpful tool in determining the direction God wants you to take in life. When you pray in tongues, you allow the Holy Spirit to pray through you, and release the wisdom you need to move forward in life. Proverbs 20:27 says that the spirit of a man is the candle of the Lord. The Holy Spirit Who is within your born-again spirit will guide you into all truth, including what it is you are supposed to be doing. When you pray in tongues, you also build up your spirit man and sharpen your spiritual discernment. The more you pray in the spirit and spend time listening for God's voice, the more confident you will be when it comes to stepping out on His instructions.
The apostle Paul said, "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain" (1 Corinthians 9:24). There is a set race for you to run, and God wants you to discover it. Make a concerted effort to pray and yield to His instructions daily. Before long, you will find yourself walking in your divine destiny!

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Which Way to Go, Lord?
Dr. Creflo A. Dollar

But isn't the very fact that life is a puzzle and we pray to pick up the right pieces, humbling ourselves and asking for direction proof that G-d does not tell us every single step so that we have a "crystal clear direction?" We learn little by little because it's not all revealed to us. What about stepping out in faith? What about inherent desires put there by Creator for us to yearn to use and thereby come into our being...our direction? It seems contradictory to me.

Laela

Hi, GV,

I know you're not addressing me here..but I can't help but respectfully disagree. Let me first say this:
The Bible itself seems contradictory to some, but we all know it is not. :yep:

I think a prayer life should be a daily event, spending one-on-one time with God. With practice and perseverance, it becomes an intricate part of our lives, like breathing and waking up from sleep. Nothing wrong with special prayers. But praying is not just praying to God only when we need his help or need something revealed to make a decision; but to pray to constantly seek his face. It is when we do this, that he reveals to us what to do, when to do it and whom to listen to (attestation). This is done only through the Holy Spirit..which is why I think it is important to also pray in the Holy Spirit in addition to "talking to God" throughout the day. If we are always "prayed up", we're more in tuned with his revelations, that "something that tell me to.." or hearing his voice. God will guide us in everything we do when we have a prayer life.

The book of Proverbs says "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

So I agree that the more we pray, the more God reveals to us the steps we must take toward HIS will, not ours.

But isn't the very fact that life is a puzzle and we pray to pick up the right pieces, humbling ourselves and asking for direction proof that G-d does not tell us every single step so that we have a "crystal clear direction?" We learn little by little because it's not all revealed to us.

If we pray with our own outcome already planted in our heads, hoping that God will grant us this "wish", then it's all for naught. That's how some prayers go unanswered. But when we pray to his will and not ours, we will accept whatever the outcome -whether we agree/like it or not. This is when we step out in faith.

Faith without works is dead. It's impossible (or a waste of time, IMHO) to just desire in our hearts and not trust God. That defeats the purpose of praying to him. Corresponding action -- opening our mouths to pray and believing and receiving that prayer -- is essential to exercising faith.

Just the same, we can't rush God when we pray. He isn't a magic wand to just grant us our desires on a whim. I wish it were that easy but it is not. So because we believe it and receive it, doesn't mean the answer is instantaneous. We get our answer in his time...manifestation. :yep:

What about stepping out in faith? What about inherent desires put there by Creator for us to yearn to use and thereby come into our being...our direction? It seems contradictory to me.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Hi, GV,

I know you're not addressing me here..but I can't help but respectfully disagree. Let me first say this:
The Bible itself seems contradictory to some, but we all know it is not. :yep:

I think a prayer life should be a daily event, spending one-on-one time with God. With practice and perseverance, it becomes an intricate part of our lives, like breathing and waking up from sleep. Nothing wrong with special prayers. But praying is not just praying to God only when we need his help or need something revealed to make a decision; but to pray to constantly seek his face. It is when we do this, that he reveals to us what to do, when to do it and whom to listen to (attestation). This is done only through the Holy Spirit..which is why I think it is important to also pray in the Holy Spirit in addition to "talking to God" throughout the day. If we are always "prayed up", we're more in tuned with his revelations, that "something that tell me to.." or hearing his voice. God will guide us in everything we do when we have a prayer life.

The book of Proverbs says "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

So I agree that the more we pray, the more God reveals to us the steps we must take toward HIS will, not ours.

If we pray with our own outcome already planted in our heads, hoping that God will grant us this "wish", then it's all for naught. That's how some prayers go unanswered. But when we pray to his will and not ours, we will accept whatever the outcome -whether we agree/like it or not. This is when we step out in faith.

Faith without works is dead. It's impossible (or a waste of time, IMHO) to just desire in our hearts and not trust God. That defeats the purpose of praying to him. Corresponding action -- opening our mouths to pray and believing and receiving that prayer -- is essential to exercising faith.

Just the same, we can't rush God when we pray. He isn't a magic wand to just grant us our desires on a whim. I wish it were that easy but it is not. So because we believe it and receive it, doesn't mean the answer is instantaneous. We get our answer in his time...manifestation. :yep:

Yes, I totally get that. I wasn't questioning scripture, but Dollar. It just seemed "funny" to say that G-d desires us to have a crystal clear direction yet we need to pray to find the puzzle pieces little by little. :lachen:

Laela

But, I just said that ... using Scripture :rolleyes: lol

I wasn't questioning scripture, but Dollar. It just seemed "funny" to say that G-d desires us to have a crystal clear direction yet we need to pray to find the puzzle pieces little by little. :lachen:

A_Queen

I would like to add a comment to this thread in reference to "G-d desires us to have a crystal clear direction yet we need to pray to find the puzzle pieces little by little." I will try to keep it short.

I agree with both of you (GV and Laela).

You know why it seems confusing that God wants us to have crystal clear direction yet we need to find pieces little by little? We are like children. You give us the whole plan we are bound to be confused. We know God has no part in confusion. Every day occupies our lives and minds so much that it has the potential of snuffing out God's direction, which is one of hell's jobs. To keep you from God's direction. But.....

There is something about going to God in that one-on-one fellowship that the Holy Spirit can have you crying like a baby, on the flo prostrate, singing out of key (and not caring):yep:, etc., etc., etc. You know what I mean.

That during the fellowship with God, you see His awesomeness directing you in a clear direction. Case in point.

My niece is 20. At the age of 15 she gave birth to a beautiful daughter, stayed with her mom, finished school, now working for Olive Garden as a waitress. Lived with a male friend who pretended to be "Daddy" until his parents gave her notice to pay rent.

Anyway, my mom calls me because she knows I have two empty bedrooms and wanted an answer right now. We had prayer for my niece and her daughter. I relayed to my mom that I need to go to God about this and can't give an answer right now because I am not the Problem Solver but God is.

My fellowship with Him consist of a Hymn (random), a Scripture (random), a Prayer, repeat until an hour is up. I write in my journal the Hymn, Scripture, and a Prayer Request. During the fellowship the Hymn was 136 "Look and Live", the Scripture was Gen 47 (Joseph was master over Pharoah's house. His brothers came to him to ask if they can stay in Goshen. Joseph when to Pharoah and Pharoah instructed Joseph to give them the best land in Isreal). The second Scripture was in 1 Chron 16:8-36 (praising how God takes care of us and would not let anyone harm us). Mind you, the Hymn and Scripture is random.

This was crystal clear direction for me that I can allow my niece and her daughter to stay with me and God would take care of us. Hallelujah! God is Able.

But I understand that He will have to continue to reveal His direction to me piece by piece because there is more to it.

Okay, I said I would try..
-----------
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you that ye may also fellowship with us and truly our fellowship is with the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. 1 John 1:3

Last edited:

Laela

very well stated!

ITA and understand what you're saying. :yep:

You know why it seems confusing that God wants us to have crystal clear direction yet we need to find pieces little by little? We are like children. You give us the whole plan we are bound to be confused. We know God has no part in confusion. Every day occupies our lives and minds so much that it has the potential of snuffing out God's direction, which is one of hell's jobs. To keep you from God's direction. But.....

There is something about going to God in that one-on-one fellowship that the Holy Spirit can have you crying like a baby, on the flo prostrate, singing out of key (and not caring):yep:, etc., etc., etc. You know what I mean.

That during the fellowship with God, you see His awesomeness directing you in a clear direction. ....

But I understand that He will have to continue to reveal His direction to me piece by piece because there is more to it.

Okay, I said I would try..
-----------
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you that ye may also fellowship with us and truly our fellowship is with the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. 1 John 1:3