White Scalp--Normal or not?

LaidBak

I am a medium brown skinned chica with a white scalp. Its always been white. Not light skinned---but white. In some spots as white as a sheet of bond paper. It tans in the summer if I keep my same part long enough. But it goes right back to white in the winter.

I never gave it a second thought. It doesn't itch or bother me in anyway. My hair grows at a decent rate. I am a tad bit tender-headed. But last year this new stylist I started seeing like freaked out about it. Anyone out there also have a scalp significantly lighter than their face? Anything out there in the collective knowledge about white scalps?

Noir

If you have ALWAYS been this way and it tans in the summer and it is not dry or flakey then it is normal for you

It sounds fine :)

asubeauty

I have white scalp, but it is also very dry and flaky. :ohwell: If you don't have that problem, I don't think I'd worry about it.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I have a white scalp. Like yours, if I part my hair in the same spot long enough, it'll tan :yep:

I have no scalp problems, it's just white :lol:

tnorenberg

I'm sure many of us here have white scalps. Myself included. :yep: It's called "scalp never seeing the light of day." :lachen: That's why I will never get braids because I think it just looks wierd. :blush::lachen:

LadyPaniolo

My scalp is white, too. I never thought much about it, till I was reading on another hair board where girls are serious :armyhat: about thier weaves. They were ranting about premade weave closures with pinkish white scalp pieces and saying how they have to dye them brown to make it look plausible for a black woman's scalp.

I was like :perplexed my scalp is lighter than those premade closures! Does that make me some freak of nature?

I guess there are variations among scalp colors. Since my scalp grows healthy hair, I have no issues with it.