who are you hiding your hair progress from?

caribeandiva

Human being
and for how long? i wanna keep my hair in a pony because some of the people who know about my hair journey, or as they call it: "her latest obsession that will soon pass", think i'm not making any progress. and they're quick to tell me so too. so maybe i should've signed up for that "hide your hair till christmas" challenge.

I'm hiding my hair progress from all haters and naysayers until I reach bra strap. I am on the hide your hair until Christmas challenge and I'm mainly straitening my hair in December for lhcf. It will be straightened but the naysayers will not see my length. Its sad but that even goes for some people in my family. I'm using the crown and glory method. When my hair is in extensions I use braids, kinky twists, and weaves. When it is out I wear my hair in two strand twists and sometimes puffs. But my hair will not be straightened to its full length until I reach bra strap. I think you should go ahead and sign up for the challenge.

My grandmother until her 90th birthday on Sept 9. I know she will be very happy and surprised! :D

ETA: It does help that Granny is in Memphis and I've moved to Indianapolis.

Everybody including myself, i want to get surprised, im on the hide your hair until christmas challenge, but i might even do it longer than that, im thinking about just doing it until my birthday, the 10th of june 07

I am hiding my hair from myself and also my family who thinks I am obsessed with my hair and this site but when XMAS come I am going to show my length for the hide hair til XMAS challenge then it is right back up in buns til I reach my hair goal which is midback.

Last edited:
Saida said:
Everybody including myself, i want to get surprised, im on the hide your hair until christmas challenge, but i might even do it longer than that, im thinking about just doing it until my birthday, the 10th of june 07
I'm doing the same thing except my B-Day is Jan. 8th which is also the day I started my healthy hair journey. I'm also on the hide your hair till Christmas challenge.

From everyone including myself; not because I don't have the support, but I want to be a couple inches past BSL. Hopefully this can be a Christmas present to myself. :)

krissyprissy said:
Myself and boyfriend! I want to shock his *** since he thinks I cant make it to mid-back:(

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I feel ya my boyfriend says girl you haven't had long hair by your age (31) you might as well forget about it but his a@% just like to piss me off cuz he know my hair has been damn near apl before twice but it broke off because I never washed it...I was scurrred but not anymore I wash like krazy now...:grin:

From everyone and that includes myself as well. I'm trying to stick it out until Christmas but I may have to let it down for one other occasion prior... :ohwell:

I hiding it from myself and my family just to see what 6 months of hair care can really do..I plan on getting it blowdried for chirstmas and to see how much length Ive retained.

tsmith said:
I am hiding my hair from myself and also my family who thinks I am obsessed with my hair and this site but when XMAS come I am going to show my length for the hide hair til XMAS challenge then it is right back up in buns til I reach my hair goal which is midback.

Same here except that my challenge will begin by september,until the 30th december and yes I'll re-hide until my midback goal (prayfully july 2007)!

I need see what's going on so I'm not on any hide your hair challenges, but I'm always hiding my hair from family, friends and coworkers. Pretty much everybody except LHCF. My "reveal" is scheduled for Thanksgiving. My family from all over the country will be gathered at my aunt's house and I'll be at full APL (God willing) :). Last time they saw my hair was last Thanksgiving and it was barely shoulder length.

I am hiding my hair from SO, myself, and LHCF, since I am on hide your hair challenge.

I am so excited. I might stretch until x-mas.:look: Okay, maybe I am lying but I might atleasy try.:lol:

I m just hiding it to leave my hair alone and avoid manipulation while it s in twists but i do plan to weave it up for the entire year and hide it for 2007 for most of the entire year. My family and friends just see my hair when i update but now i m about to hide my hair progress from everyone till end of december and then i will hide till spring/summer 07 and only take it out to update:D i get better results when my hair is in hiatus lol and not exposed and soaking in mtg and products:lol: i m thinking of restarting the mtg this week. i may get some cornrows for a month before i get my weave it so easier to apply the stuff on my scalp lol baggie method here i come:lachen: :grin: :lol:

Myself and My family. Especially my dad. I get tired of his half cocked comments about my hair. When he sees how much it has grown from me taking care of it myself instead of having every stylist in town try a hand in treating it (and being unsuccessful for the past 3 years), he'll realize I was looking a HAM for a reason. lol I mean I got tired of not having a cute new hairstyle every week. But those cute little hairstyles every week were probably why my hair wasn't making any progess. There is a method to my madness. :lachen: I'm also on the Hide Your Hair Until Christmas Challenge. I've been in weaves since last December. Right now I'm in braids. But since I found a braider I really like, I think I'm going to keep my hair braided for all of 2007. I'll see how much progress my hair makes from these braids when I take them down in November and then I'll decide.

Last edited:
everyone until xmas for a day or two and then back on the C&G method until july 07 for my 1 year nappiversary and then back in twists until xmas 07

Saida said:

Me too.

I put my braids in on April 20 something 2006
I'm supposed to take them out in Nov 06 but as I get closer to the date my hair is telling me she wants to keep the braids in for a whole year.
So i might be taken my braids out in April 2007 but lets get to Nov and see.

Last edited:
I'm hiding from EVERYONE until I reach my goal.....:lol:

I'm going to have the big reveal on my Birthday, Probably 25th!!! Lol

My hair, skin, nails and body will be even more banging:lol: :lachen:

wantlonghealthyhair said:
I'm hiding from EVERYONE until I reach my goal.....:lol:

I'm going to have the big reveal on my Birthday, Probably 25th!!! Lol

My hair, skin, nails and body will be even more banging:lol: :lachen:

girl me too.

While my hair is in the braids doing it's thing I'm working on every thing els.

hair -- check ( check because it out of the way and there is nothing more I can do to it but let it grow.

nails-- don't have a problem with my nails

skin-- working on ( have to go to a doctor about my skin for microdama something)

body-- working on (my legs need a lil tone up and my abs need some work trying to get rid of the baby fat)

This is going to be 2 years in the making for my skin and something els I working on that I'm not telling or showing until it's done.

In two years I will go from a 7 to a HOT A@$ off the hook who's that girl is that plove 10 lol

Last edited:
Alot a people! I've been lazy and wearing my hair in a bun and when I wear it down anyone one who sees are always surprised about the length of my hair. I guess I'm silly because I get a kick out of it.lol:ohwell:

Back