Hide Your Hair Until Christmas Challenge!!!

Amour

im all weaved up and doing good ::thumbs up::

i Think this challenge will be a breeze for me and i should suceed, as im loving all the new weaves that im trying

gradygirl

I'm doing flexi rod sets for 6 weeks and twistouts and updo's from then on until I relax. Then I start the same thing all over again. I had to lay off of the buns because of my edges. It's been hard not to flat iron this week because I just got a relaxer but I was strong. I think it will be a breeze from here on out because I start back to school next month and wont have time to think about hair so much.

Last edited:

KiniKakes

EMJazzy said:
I've been wearing my hair in a bun 24/7...this challenge is a breeze! :)

Gotta love the bun! THats my protective style of choice when i take my braids out.....

I cant wait to take these braids out and see my progress!!!! This is so exciting!!!!!! :grin:

can i still join--

RabiaElaine said:
Challengers so far:

SexySin985
bmoreflyygirl
kbody4
JazzyDez
plove
nikkipoo
Cooyah
Puddles
anatomicallycorrect
BabyImaStarr
CandyC
michc
CantBeCopied
CurliDiva
Blackbird77
itsmehmmkay
CandiceC
Alliyasmom
prettykinks
trimbride
assumertyme
nelli711
londa70
ChiChiKinks
Nikki86
MissPriss08
teressa9
felicia
naturaline
YummyC
ThinNappy
so so chic
SNyeema
Luvableboo
planodiva
ivanay
ONASHN
EbonyPerez
amara11
Relaxedhairchica22
asha
keldevine
carribean_dream
tsmith
punchinella
Letitia
renae226
Mama Cita
ayoung1981
thenappygirl17
bettytoo
angellazette
misspriss
Shine-On
kinascott
ILuvsmuhgrass
Shashemane
tsmith
fallback
GoGoChik
Miz Complexity
Lucia
soun
renae226
PeachTreeCity404
Faith
jaded faerie
cmw45
missnurselady
Wishin4BSL
OneInAMillion
Sabina
stunningmane
Lana
Pretty Nappy Hair
SILKE74
churchie
Ms Twana
nubiangoddess3
Hair2day

Keep joining ladies...we'll be in for a nice present come Christmas time!

asummertyme

im glad i saw this thread..i was so tempted to take my hair out and relax it for the past few days i have been getting very itchy..but ima keep sticking it out..still in a curly weave...

Tee

I am back to hiding fully again. I am getting tired of the bun but it's only 3 months left. (not even 3 full months) I am going to add pics in my fotki but I will keep the new section locked until Christmas.

deborah11

I want in also. I haven't wore my hair out this year so I might as well as join in on this challenge and surprise everyone by showing my length during the holidays!

CalJay

Hi!
I would like to join! I lived in buns for a long time I can go back to that but instead of just water and a brush I will condition and all that good stuff, to help with my dry ends!

So buns for me! Unless I can figure out how to get braids in my hair without all that heaviness. Any ideas?

sassy mamma

I want to join in!! I have braids in my hair and plan to keep them in for a month and then I'm going to rock twists next.

sassy mamma

CalJay said:
Hi!
I would like to join! I lived in buns for a long time I can go back to that but instead of just water and a brush I will condition and all that good stuff, to help with my dry ends!

So buns for me! Unless I can figure out how to get braids in my hair without all that heaviness. Any ideas?

You could always get cornrows and just but the extra hair in a bun. That's what I do and it doesn't feel heavy at all.

GoingNatural

Count me in!!!

I'm transitioning to natural with weaves, so this is the perfect challenge for me! I plan to keep my hair covered until July 07, but this will help me stay strong until the end of the year at least!

tffy2004

I was supposed to keep my albums closed until Christmas but I got me a new camera and I am achin to open it so I am off this challenge.

Good Luck to every one!!

KiniKakes

Hey ladies!

Just wanted to update ya'all! :D

I am sad to say that I am officially withdrawing from this challenge. I took my braids out last night (new pics posted in my Stretching it Out album) and plan to get a relaxer tomorrow..... And I will probably take my Progress Pictures in Oct. as originally planned.

I wish i could have held off.... but Im afraid i just dont have the willpower!

But good luck to all of you girls! When ya'all finally do unveil those pics, i KNOW its gonna be a major "Wow" factor!!!!

HHG Sunshines!!!!!

KiniKakes

plove said:
I told y'all this challenge is hard. MY braids are what's hepling me in this challenge.;)

Yeah it is! I respect those who can follow thru. I just love taking my pictures every 3 months, and i guess i wasnt willing to give that up. *smh* Tsk!!!

plove

KiniKakes said:
Yeah it is! I respect those who can follow thru. I just love taking my pictures every 3 months, and i guess i wasnt willing to give that up. *smh* Tsk!!!

I love taken pics every other month.
I update my fotki but i removed it from LHCF I will put it back once the challenge is over.

Aquamarie

I've been doing this since late June and I think I officially joined this challenge in late July. However, so far it's been pretty good. I'm also in the KISS challenge and I find it much easier to do my hair now. I just wash it, moisturize and then put it up (more or less).
I haven't noticed much growth yet but I'm sure it's going to take some time. I'm hoping to be APL by Christmas, right now I'm at SL. But you ladies are right this can be a difficult challenge I'm hoping I can make it. I really want to hide my hair until it's BSL and I don't think it'll be there any time soon.
HHG ladies & Good luck!!!

KiniKakes

Aquamarie said:
I've been doing this since late June and I think I officially joined this challenge in late July. However, so far it's been pretty good. I'm also in the KISS challenge and I find it much easier to do my hair now. I just wash it, moisturize and then put it up (more or less).
I haven't noticed much growth yet but I'm sure it's going to take some time. I'm hoping to be APL by Christmas, right now I'm at SL. But you ladies are right this can be a difficult challenge I'm hoping I can make it. I really want to hide my hair until it's BSL and I don't think it'll be there any time soon.
HHG ladies & Good luck!!!

Hey girl, whats the KISS Challenge?