Who doesnt like Qhemet aohc?

H0tPinkButtafly

I been using mine for about two weeks now and I don't see what all the hype is about. It didn't give my hair any luster or shine and I could have got the same results using Cantu or something less expensive . I also used it on my sons hair and it only remained dull. So has anyone used it and not had the results that are raved about?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

beautyaddict1913

I used to feel like you when I first tried it a year ago...but it was because I was using it with Giovanni Direct Leave-In or the SheaMoisture Hair Milk and my hair hates both of those. I swapped it, then re-purchased it for Black Friday. I love it. Its just a moisturizer. It has no hold or sheen at all so if you are looking to use it as a styler your hair will certainly look dull and fall flat. I like it as a moisturizer under a wig or under a styler. My best advice is to assess the other products that you use before applying this!

SeeLexus

Try mixing it with the Olive and Hydrating Balm....at first i thought it was just okay too until i mixed these too together..and now I love it!

*CherryPie*

The first time I used it I was relaxed. I didn't like it, so I sold it. It weighed my hair down and made it feel heavy, sticky, and greasy.

Then, when I became natural, I revisited it and it worked great on my natural hair. It moisturised so greatly! Now I hate that I sold the Honey balm, because now I gotta try that again.

I don't know if you're relaxed or natural, but that could have something to do with you not liking it.

virtuenow

I have it and it so far has done nothing for my hair. I am used to dealing w/natural products-- and prefer such, but this can't even produce a decent twist out on my hair. I don't get it...

Ms Lala

I hated it as a moisturizer. I ended up using it for sealing and eventually gave it away. I felt that was toooo much money to pay for a something to seal in moisture. I was so disappointed.

Imani

I feel the same way as Ms Lala. It did not moisturize my hair much. Its more like a pomade or something, not a moisturizer for me bc it doesn't really sink into my hair.

AKA-Tude

For those of you that do not like AOHC,
please let me know.

I will purchase it from you for a decent price.

I like the BRBC better,
but use AOHC after coloring my hair
to get it 'balanced' again.

OsnapCnapp!

I love AOHC but my hair is very dense and dry so it's all good with me. I did find an affordable alternative though, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, which for me only works as a leave in, but I still loooove AOHC and I am willing to buy any for a good price. :yep:

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
That crap did nothing for me when I tried it back in the day. I still have the batch I bought in 2007.

I might try it again at another time to see if things have changed since 2007 and 2011...

ms.blue

I believe that aohc works best in conjunction with ohhb. That combination provides the best moisture for my natural hair. I use ohhb w/ brbc also.

Stepiphanie

I believe that aohc works best in conjunction with ohhb. That combination provides the best moisture for my natural hair. I use ohhb w/ brbc also.

Ditto!! I do the exact same. If I can't find aohc (I have a local vendor) I buy the brbc and use the ohhb with both. No other product line has been able to moisturize my hair like this.

OP, maybe the aohc is too heavy for your hair, have you tried their other stuff?

virtuenow

Ditto!! I do the exact same. If I can't find aohc (I have a local vendor) I buy the brbc and use the ohhb with both. No other product line has been able to moisturize my hair like this.

OP, maybe the aohc is too heavy for your hair, have you tried their other stuff?

what is ohhb? I use the aohc for sealing, mixing/thickening, and misc. purposes, so its getting its use. I'm used to products melting in my hands and hair...but this...this is different, it just sits there.

ice.

It did nothing for my hair. My hair pretty much just laughed at it. I do wanna try the Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm. Maybe i'll get some moisture out of that.

destine2grow

I have never tried AOHC because I thought it would be to heave for my fine strands. I love BRBC and I also love OHHB. I have not tired mixing them but I do love OHHB on wet hair and BRBC on dry hair as an everyday moisturizer. Although I don't need to moisturize my hair everyday.

BrownSkin2

It did nothing for moisture on my hair. It just sat on my hair, and my hair is coarse. It's basically a sealant.

Evolving78

i use it as a sealant. doesn't moisturize my hair at all. but it is still a good product if your hair loves oils.

H0tPinkButtafly

yea i tried lots of other leave ins for moisture which work just as well as the aoha

H0tPinkButtafly

It did nothing for moisture on my hair. It just sat on my hair, and my hair is coarse. It's basically a sealant.

well i guess im not the only one who didnt fall in love with it. im still trying to use the whole jar because this stuff was not cheap. im going to try using it with diiferent products at a time

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
For me its better used as a sealant but overall just to heavy for my hair. I found this out over time.

H0tPinkButtafly

I love AOHC but my hair is very dense and dry so it's all good with me. I did find an affordable alternative though, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, which for me only works as a leave in, but I still loooove AOHC and I am willing to buy any for a good price. :yep:

is this a dc or a leave in?

loshed

My problem is that it smells good in the jar but on my hair it gives off this heavy, greasy, dirty smell. Even on freshly washed hair after it dries there is the same smell. I want to say I got a bad batch but would a bad batch smell fine in the jar and only turns once it's on the hair. When diluted the smell goes away so right now I mix it with mega-tek and put it on my edges but I hate that I can't use something so expensive right out of the jar.