Who is at peace with their hair?

I am finaly at peace with my hair. I know what works and what does not. I know what my hair likes. FINALLY!! I am on my second set of locs and it took 4 years for me to find out that all I had to do what stick to what I was doing in the second year of my locs. Now that I am on my second set, I know what to do. I am finaly at peace with my hair.

THANK GOD!

RoundEyedGirl504

*raises hand* me too! This is my 3rd and final time being natural. The longest I ever stayed natural before was 9 months, now I'm at 14 months and I haven't even had an inkling to relax. I think its a combination of things but mainly I have found what works and KNOW MY HAIR so much more than I did before and that has helped tremendously!

Iluvsmuhgrass

This is an awesome post. This is my first time intentionally going natural, as I was relaxed for over twenty years. I can honestly say that I am. I was expecting this journey to be so hard... but it's not. I pick up tips here and there but ultimately I do what's right for my hair/grass. It's amazing to me. It's so very versatile. I LOVE my hair. :yep:

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Oh yeah.... No more trying to figure it out/experimenting. I know what it likes and I'm just going with the flow....

CurlyMoo

I am at peace and in LOVE! :love:

The ONLY thing I worry about are my ends and the many splits and when to trim. Should I dust, S & D or just lop off an inch? That's what I'm worried about. I recently have been washing in twists and I must say I have less breakage, tangles and detangling matting sessions. I also discovered my hair likes finger detangling too.

curlyninjagirl

I am very happy with my hair, too! It's been so nice to care for it and actually see the results of that care! My hair has never been this long and healthy. :yep:

Curlykale

I'm at peace after 3 years of experimenting and it feels SO liberating! it's natural, it's growing, it doesn't take too much time and money anymore, and it finally has a style I like. I analyzed one ingredient and technique at a time and it took time but now I know what to do for the rest of my life. Very happy about that, very worth it!!!

LynnieB

Very much at peace. I know exactly what to expect and how to do it. I know what to do and what not to do as far as products, techniques and tools are concerned. I'm also well aware of my hair's limits.

Not afraid to try new things on occasion but I know my hair well enough to know whether or not it's the right choice for my hair.

I wish every relaxed or natural head could reach a place of hair peace too, especially my natural haired sisters who are too easily influenced by the negativity of the people around them. Peaceful acceptance and natural hair confidence will deflect that negativity and you will be untouchable!

Aireen

I was until I started to get breakage recently and after I didn't really notice much of a difference in growth when I did my touch up in October. I'm trying to not let it bother me and brush it off but it is obvious I'm not retaining my length; it's distracting my focus on updating when it comes to the challenge threads and overall it's making me come on this site less frequently. I also have a space now when my hair is out that seems to be a fairly decent size. I don't really know what the problem is and after trying protein so many times, I loaded up on moisturizing conditioners. Although after trying Yes To Cucumbers Color Care Conditioner and having that be a disappointment, I'm slightly discouraged. Hopefully though the other conditioners I bought like Aubrey Organics White Camellia along with taking my liquid multi-vitamin and silica help to rectify the situation so I can feel comfortable to come back on this site more regularly.

EDIT: Okay after examining my hair, the space doesn't seem that big, it sometimes doesn't even show so maybe I was getting too worked up and it could be layers or slight breakage. Yes To Cucumbers Color Care Conditioner left my hair soft, airy, light, and bouncy but it didn't give me slip at the time after washing my hair so I'll have to use it for a while to decide whether or not it's a keeper, I like the fact it's natural though. All in all, I'm still not at completely piece with my hair like I was but I'll get back there by keeping positive. :yep:

Last edited:

soulfusion

I'm with AngelEyeZ. Temporary ceasefire, but I'm getting there. The more natural hair I get and as the relaxed part breaks or is cut off, the more at peace I am. Transitioning has not been a breeze for me, but it's getting a lot better.

Sugar

I'm totally at peace with my hair. Even though I realized that my hair is different now than it was a year ago. Now a whole lot more of my hair is texlaxed than it was before. At a certain point in my stretch I have 3 different textures, which usually results in me having super puffy looking hair. But in spite of that I love my hair sooooo much and I thank God for every strand of it.

PJaye

After spending decades disliking my hair for its nonconformity and weird behaviors, I better understand and appreciate it after a year of LHCF than I ever did before.

I value knowing:
- The ingredients, products and methods that produce the best outcomes
- Which elements to avoid despite their hyped reputations (acidifiers and EVCO along with aloe vera, avocado, glycerin, silicone, keratin and wheat protein-laden products)
- How to construct and modify a productive, well-balanced regimen
- The products and techniques to employ to effectively straighten, if I so choose
- How to successfully manage its highly porous nature
- The benefits of colorants and their successful application
- Proper troubleshooting procedures in cases of emergency and noncompliance
- The difference between experimentation and PJism-Bandwagonism

I am grateful for:
- The nature and extent of its type and texture (each and every wriggly and coily-doodle receives love and acceptance)
- My perpetual air dried ponytail and bun…finally!

Tiye

There was never any war vis a vis the hair. Life is complicated and you gotta pick your battles. :) I like experimenting and finding out new things about hair but I don't fight with it.

chebaby

i am. i can look at an ingredient list and know if my hair will love it. i know exactly what my hair likes. i want my hair to grow more but honestly i my hair decided to stay this length i would be ok with that.

nymane

I have a very harmonic relationship with my hair, but I wish my nape would have a growth spurt. I can't complain though...

Lady Esquire

UM.....I was getting there....on my way to MBL....then the postpartum hit like a theif in the night. Then I went through a mourning (I know, I know, sounds dramatic). But now, I am slowly getting back in the groove and me and my hair are falling back in love again. Peace isn't completely here yet, but I feel it coming. Good thread!

Last edited:

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
I am at peace. I know what to/not do. I know what I can/can't do. I know how to retain length relaxed or natural. As long as I stay true to what I know my hair thrives.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
me! i'm really feeling my hair right now. it's doing the damn thang.
so that means...it's probably time for another drastic change. :look:

Dee Raven

I'm getting there too. I know how to keep my hair healthy, but I haven't spent a lot of time trying different styles and building up technique. So that's my next step. Once I've done that, we'll be good.