WhoisSugar's wash and go tutorial!

Mane.Attraction

She put in a lot of work to do that style, BUT IT IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might try this one day when my hair gets longer!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Nice wash n go, but I believe her hair is either Type 3C or Type 3C/4A. Her hair doesn't shrink up tremendously like Type 4.

keelioness

Nice wash n go, but I believe her hair is either Type 3C or Type 3C/4A. Her hair doesn't shrink up tremendously like Type 4.

I see what ur saying but her shrinkage seems to vary depending on her style and her hair is abt bra strap length now.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I love her hair and personality! All her videos are so down to earth.
Thanks for sharing.

SmileyNY

Looks cute... But... I thought the point of a wash & go was to be able to wash... And go :look: :lol:

Don't get me wrong... I put a little product in my hair after the wash & before the go. I moisturize and seal like I always do... But geeesh... She went OD lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

song_of_serenity

I have the same curl pattern as her but I lack the length and I'm NOW starting to get the hang time. :/ I haven't watched the actual process yet (just loaded and her hair looks GREAT) but if she's using huge globs of gel then...eek, I dunno. :S

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Looks cute... But... I thought the point of a wash & go was to be able to wash... And go :look: :lol:

Don't get me wrong... I put a little product in my hair after the wash & before the go. I moisturize and seal like I always do... But geeesh... She went OD lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

with her hair texture and length if she did a "true wash n go" her hair would tangled up so badly. its really a "wash n wear" if you want to be technical.

my hair is just like hers and it takes quite a bit of product to make the hair curl up right.

greenandchic

with her hair texture and length if she did a "true wash n go" her hair would tangled up so badly. its really a "wash n wear" if you want to be technical.

my hair is just like hers and it takes quite a bit of product to make the hair curl up right.

That's why I rarely wear WnGs these days. My hair tangles up way too much. Maybe I will use a lot of gel next time I do one.

song_of_serenity

Watched it, wow. If I use gel, it's a rake, shake and go process with a dollop, I was afraid of what would happen if I used more ( even a small amount seems blah, those who use ecostyler will vouch that it's great but so thick and goopy) but I see it would probably give awesome results!

:S However, she has me on the length about 3 times over, there is NO way I can do this now. :( I see she did get shrinkage but it was balanced out by the length she started with and the weight of the gel in her hair as it dried (and defusing)

But 3 day hair? Hm...maybe I will give it a try with my current length, I've been aching to wear my hair "out" instead of tied back. :D

manter26

I use that much gel too, but my hair is super porous and is really frizzy without it. Her hair did look sorta loose with the gel, but wet it's identical to mine. If I had her length, my hair might look similar.

Thanks for the thread, I subbed to her!

Kindheart

her hair looks great i enjoyed watching this,I think she uses too many products ,i hate gel,makes my hair feel dirty and sticky ,i rather use a curl butter or shea,jasmine eo and aloe vera gel or Bee mine curl butter +evo, my hair curl pattern is much loser ,i dont really need hold ,it can get very frizzy and poofy" though

Glib Gurl

All that gel geez :perplexed.

if she's using huge globs of gel then...eek, I dunno. :S

She used a LOT of gel.

Yeah, see that's what I don't get . . . I use gel to actually keep my hair straight (on my edges mostly) so the idea of using it to create a wash-n-go (or as someone pointed out a wash-n-wear) that is just strange to me. Maybe once I have all natural hair (and am not dealing with relaxed ends) it will make more sense to me . . . .

GaiasDaughter24

I LOVE Sug's videos!!! She cracks me up. Hubby always gives me the side eye when I'm watching her videos with headphones because I'm usually cracking up. Her hair looks FAB!! I hope mine looks that way with more length.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I see what ur saying but her shrinkage seems to vary depending on her style and her hair is abt bra strap length now.

i dont think yall are taking her length into consideration when you're typing her...also she used so much gel that i'm sure aided in her hair not shrinking as much...if you watch the whole video, or this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k182mKS08I0&feature=relmfu it's clear she is a 4.

Maybe she is type 4 but definitely has a little bit of 3c.

I tried a wash n go with a lot of Eco-Styler gel and look how my hair turned out (which I did not like because it looks anorexic). My hair is armpit length.

If she is type 4 only, what am I?

So if I had brastrap length hair, do you think my hair would stretch out and stay stretched after a few days like hers did?

Last edited: