WhoisSugar's wash and go tutorial!

EllePixie

I don't know where "wash-n-go" came from. I think it came from the false idea that naturally straight haired people can just hop out of the shower and go, though I never seen that in real life. :lachen:

Go to any gym, dorm room, etc and you will find white, Asian, Latino, etc women plugged in with the hair dryers, flat irons, and even weave + glue (yes, I've seen a white woman gluing hair in her hair at the gym locker room before). :lachen: I actually get out in less time than a LOT Of straight haired women I've seen.

The women I have seen do their hair, of all races, at least use a leave-in conditioner of some sort. I have a friend who has thin straight hair, and she still at least uses conditioner on her ends, but told me that if she applied it all over, her scalp would show and her hair would be very weighed down.

I think the biggest difference between our hair and other races is that we generally have MUCH more hair, and since we have tighter curl patterns the sebum does not travel down the shaft, which will cause huge tangles if the hair is allowed to shrink and dry without being coated, since the coating/smoothing equates in less friction between the strands. Since we have more hair, most women apply product in sections to ensure their hair is thoroughly coated - when I apply product in two sections, it may take only five minutes, but the product does not reach the underlayers of my hair. It looks fine, but it mats and tangles like crazy.

Last edited:

chebaby

her hair turned out nice but it was a lot of gel. i could never use that much. i just dont like this way gel makes my hair feel.

LadyRaider

I wish we could change the name of "wash-n-go". It's such a misnomer if I ever saw one.

Off Topic: There's another word with a similar or maybe the same meaning as misnomer. If anyone knows it please let me know. Thanks :).

oxymoron :yep:

Bublin

THIS IS WHERE THE TERM CAME FROM...............THIS PRODUCT WAS BROUGHT OUT IN THE 90'S - WASH AND CONDITION AT THE SAME TIME - AND GO!!!

greenandchic

:stop::lachen::lachen:laaaaawwwdddd

I had to stop and have a little conversation about what she was doing. She had this hot glue gun thingy - that stuff smelled like superglue. All the while she was drooling over my hair and had more questions for me than I had for her.

The women I have seen do their hair, of all races, at least use a leave-in conditioner of some sort. I have a friend who has thin straight hair, and she still at least uses conditioner on her ends, but told me that if she applied it all over, her scalp would show and her hair would be very weighed down.

I think the biggest difference between our hair and other races is that we generally have MUCH more hair, and since we have tighter curl patterns the sebum does not travel down the shaft, which will cause huge tangles if the hair is allowed to shrink and dry without being coated, since the coating/smoothing equates in less friction between the strands. Since we have more hair, most women apply product in sections to ensure their hair is thoroughly coated - when I apply product in two sections, it may take only five minutes, but the product does not reach the underlayers of my hair. It looks fine, but it mats and tangles like crazy.

That is so true. I tried to do the quick two sections thing and my hair stayed tangled after it was dried. Wet bunning wet hair is the only way I can make a WnG short cut.

naturalTAN

Maybe whoissugar's style should really be considered a "wash-gel-n-go"???

I've heard wash-n-go's being referred to as shake-n-go's, that's if they shake instead of let it dry as-is.

I've never heard of the term shake-n-go, but that's what I do when I wash-n-go. I always thought youtubers were doing way to much for a wash-n-go style. I add conditioner in the shower, shake it out and that's it. I would die or not even bother if I ever tried to go through tiny 1in. sections with creams, oils, gels, denman brushes, and shingling.

I always think all of this just so when someone asks what you did you can say "Nothing, just a wash-n-go." :rolleyes: