Who's relaxer regimen last weeks before or after?

Innocent_Kiss

Who\'s relaxer regimen last weeks before or after?

I was suprised to find that a lot of the members here have relaxer touch up regimens that can be up to 3 weeks prior to their touch up or days after their touch up. For instance, some people apply castor oil to their scalp (?) [or something like that] 3 weeks before their touch up to prevent scalp irritation (?). Some people do protein treatments a few days after their touch up. I usually relax my new growth using the little procedure that comes with the box and it's a done deal. I also usually end up with perm burns, over processing, and weak hair, too. Share your relaxer regimen
Maybe someone else's tips can help me out.

LABETT

Re: Who\'s relaxer regimen last weeks before or after?

I always use castor oil on my scalp a week before relaxing
and I never burn.
Before using castor oil the back of my would start burning after 5 min with applying the relaxer.
I always do a hardcore protein treatment the week before relaxer and two weeks after relaxer.

Lovelylocs

I am still trying to work the kinks out of my system, but I def. do the protein treatments a week before the relaxer and a week after my relaxer.

Innocent_Kiss

Do you both use the same protein treatments before and after? Or the 'hardcore' one before or the 'softcore' one after (or vise-versa?)