WHY ARE CHRISTIANS SO HYPOCRITICAL

hurricane

I have used the same statement as a weapon when I was angry with someone. " Your supposed to be a Christian ".

I can not say this enough, read and study your Bible. As Christians, we are supposed to tell others when they are wrong. Will they like it? No. The Prophet Jeremiah was persecuted by the same people God sent him to because they did not want to hear the truth. The truth is repent ( or turn away from sin ) and return to God. That's it.

We have come to a very dangeous time. We no longer know what sin is. Everything is okay. I hated cleaning up the house when I was young. Still do. Truth be told I'm still struggling. What if no one ever told me to clean that dirt ring out of the bath tub. It's not bothering anyone right? Wrong. It's filth. Germs live in filth which can cause sickness.

So does sin. Sin brings judgement on you and your house. Your family lives in a community. The community suffers, then the state, the region, and the nation.

momi

I have used the same statement as a weapon when I was angry with someone. " Your supposed to be a Christian ".

I can not say this enough, read and study your Bible. As Christians, we are supposed to tell others when they are wrong. Will they like it? No. The Prophet Jeremiah was persecuted by the same people God sent him to because they did not want to hear the truth. The truth is repent ( or turn away from sin ) and return to God. That's it.

We have come to a very dangeous time. We no longer know what sin is. Everything is okay. I hated cleaning up the house when I was young. Still do. Truth be told I'm still struggling. What if no one ever told me to clean that dirt ring out of the bath tub. It's not bothering anyone right? Wrong. It's filth. Germs live in filth which can cause sickness.

So does sin. Sin brings judgement on you and your house. Your family lives in a community. The community suffers, then the state, the region, and the nation.

A hearty amen to this post.

Germs cause sickness - many want to weep over the sickness yet refuse to clean the tub.

Lord help us.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Righteous indignation? hmmm.. I don't know but I think I understand what you're saying here.

AMEN. :)

Beautifully said....

madamdot

I agree . . . but often times its done with a little bit of anger instead of humility. There is a reason pride is hard to get over because even when you are doing something "good" it can be tainted by pride.

As I said to OP, I've been there before and I was mad at these people which is why I ended up in here basically ranting, which was not the right way to do it.

divya

As Christians we really must do our best to walk in the Lord. However, sometimes we all fall short, and it is only by the grace of God that we forgiven and nevertheless embraced as His children.

For that reason, as it has been said numerous times here, it is essential that we keep our eyes on the Lord. Even though it may be discouraging when some are unnecessarily critical or rather criticize in the wrong way, we have to keep our eyes on Jesus. God doesn't give us anything more than we can bear. So OP, pray and study the Word to study the Word to sustain you through all your challenges with others.

Last but not least, it does need to be understood that there is nothing wrong and everything right with pointing out that certain actions are wrong according to the Holy Scriptures. MuseofTroy has provided beautiful verses to show just that. Of course, however, it's not always what you do, it's how you do it.

May this prayer be always on our lips...

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

MizzCoco

This is not the way Christ wanted us to behave. Judgemental behavior towards others is not walking in love. There is a fine line between not condoning sin, but still loving the person and just being rude to others b/c of their choices. This is something all of us have to overcome, christian or not. All I can do is model my own life after Christ and let him deal with everybody else

Mortons

As Christians we really must do our best to walk in the Lord. However, sometimes we all fall short, and it is only by the grace of God that we forgiven and nevertheless embraced as His children.

For that reason, as it has been said numerous times here, it is essential that we keep our eyes on the Lord. Even though it may be discouraging when some are unnecessarily critical or rather criticize in the wrong way, we have to keep our eyes on Jesus. God doesn't give us anything more than we can bear. So OP, pray and study the Word to study the Word to sustain you through all your challenges with others.

Last but not least, it does need to be understood that there is nothing wrong and everything right with pointing out that certain actions are wrong according to the Holy Scriptures. MuseofTroy has provided beautiful verses to show just that. Of course, however, it's not always what you do, it's how you do it.

May this prayer be always on our lips...

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

:yep:

I think that people purposely TRY to embarrass people in the Christian forum sometimes, then hide behind the "but I am supposed to correct you as a sister''. As much as I disagreed with Ms. Honey on a regular basis on topics she would PM me to talk with scriptures, and she did it in a way where I knew she did not intend malice but to be a teacher. Some of you need to confront the way you are pushing others away from the Lord rather than towards him. I know some will deny it, but its true. Some of you are.

Highly Favored8

I think that people purposely TRY to embarrass people in the Christian forum sometimes, then hide behind the "but I am supposed to correct you as a sister''. As much as I disagreed with Ms. Honey on a regular basis on topics she would PM me to talk with scriptures, and she did it in a way where I knew she did not intend malice but to be a teacher. Some of you need to confront the way you are pushing others away from the Lord rather than towards him. I know some will deny it, but its true. Some of you are.

ITA.....:yep:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Funny thing about mentioning specific names to exalt...their example wasn't always consistent and wasn't always "exemplary." But who am I? I'm just a sinner and a so-called deceiver. :ohwell:

But can I give an "outsider's" observation that is a generalization based upon many experiences of many people? There does seem to be an anger about spreading the gospel. If such and such doesn't believe exactly as another, there seems to be an outright anger seething just below the surface of x-testifier. If such and such do x-thing and another believer doesn't do x-thing, there's a "righteous" anger in suit. Why is that? I've tended to notice this more with the pentecostals and AA Church.

Last edited:

divya

I really hope that people don't really purposely mean to embarrass others here, but you are probably right. It's definitely true that it often does push people away. What some of us need to realize is that at times we are all the "Jesus" that someone may be exposed to...and if we aren't a good representation of Him, then why should they want to be Christians? I do hope that we all take a good message out of this...

why does everyone want to "correct" someone so bad? why can't people just mind their business? why can't people just be nice?
and after i post this, no calling me insecure, or immature, or saying that I'm weak, or any more of these "Christian sayings" cuz as you can see I have yet to respond to those posts, they are USELESS to me and my life...
i just hate seeing a bunch of black women talkin about correcting everyone... don't we do that enough? doesn't everyone see that IT DOESN'T WORK?:hot:
I know it didn't work, cuz all the "correctors" on here probably get "checked" all the time by their Christian friends... and now they want to do it as well... I understand why you all do it... I'm just saying it sucks, and why not try something new? Aren't you bored yet? Don't you wanna help? Cuz guess what, u didn't help me...
but then again I'm just saying.
<----- Going back to DC my hair... that is something that NEEDS CORRECTING lol

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
why does everyone want to "correct" someone so bad? why can't people just mind their business? why can't people just be nice?
and after i post this, no calling me insecure, or immature, or saying that I'm weak, or any more of these "Christian sayings" cuz as you can see I have yet to respond to those posts, they are USELESS to me and my life...
i just hate seeing a bunch of black women talkin about correcting everyone... don't we do that enough? doesn't everyone see that IT DOESN'T WORK?:hot:
I know it didn't work, cuz all the "correctors" on here probably get "checked" all the time by their Christian friends... and now they want to do it as well... I understand why you all do it... I'm just saying it sucks, and why not try something new? Aren't you bored yet? Don't you wanna help? Cuz guess what, u didn't help me...
You may not answer but I'm gonna' put it out there anyway... :yep:

All of your posts are 'judgments and criticisms about what 'we' do in this forum. Are you complaining, judging, or trying to make corrections. :rolleyes:

Obviously, it's not working for you either.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

No one here lays claim to perfection. But at least, even with our short comings, we still have postive posts, prayers, and encouragment to support one another.

Every post you've contributed is either criticism or mockery; proclaiming yourself as having it down with 'correct' Christian behaviour.

When do you plan on posting a prayer? Or a positive message to exhort, edify, encourage someone here.

I'll say it again, 'grow up.' Stop finding fault and do the opposite of what you keep finding fault with.

And no... I do not claim perfection. ONLY Jesus is Perfect and can lay and maintain claim to that.

Find something positive to share instead of posting how wrong everyone is.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

You may not answer but I'm gonna' put it out there anyway... :yep:

All of your posts are 'judgments and criticisms about what 'we' do in this forum. Are you complaining, judging, or trying to make corrections. :rolleyes:

Obviously, it's not working for you either.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

No one here lays claim to perfection. But at least, even with our short comings, we still have postive posts, prayers, and encouragment to support one another.

Every post you've contributed is either criticism or mockery; proclaiming yourself as having it down with 'correct' Christian behaviour.

When do you plan on posting a prayer? Or a positive message to exhort, edify, encourage someone here.

I'll say it again, 'grow up.' Stop finding fault and do the opposite of what you keep finding fault with.

And no... I do not claim perfection. ONLY Jesus is Perfect and can lay and maintain claim to that.

Find something positive to share instead of posting how wrong everyone is.

Thank you, sis.

I'm done in this thread....:nono:

Ummm positivity came way before you posted that my sistah, this isn't the only post or thread I have started here...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=375181
Agh... defensiveness... It doesn't even matter at this point...
I simply as a new member wanted to challenge you all to find a new way to approach the threads here... because I didn't like some of the pompous responses I saw when I first arrived...
I see that I was ineffective in the eyes of some of you...
But since we're all going to positive town, I just want to say that I am glad that I provoked this much thought out of so many of you...
and honestly...
WHO WANTS TO GROW UP WHEN YOU'RE A CHILD OF THE KING!!!!
-peace n love

divya

Honestly, I hope that someone would kindly correct certain things I do wrong with counsel from the Word of God. God may place people in my path to help encourage me to stay on the straight and narrow.

Not sure what "race" has to do with it though. Race is division of humanity born out of a desire for superiority and such. So what does "black" (which I personally don't consider myself) have to do with this? Are you implying that all people with a certain complexion automatically have certain traits? From the U.S., Caribbean, Latin American to Africa? Who is the "we" that you are referring to? Just wondering.

kayte

I feel so much better seeing yall's posts Kayte and tdennis44. I really do. Thank you for coming to explain yourself Kayte.
no prob

I think you two probably have a lot in common.
oooops
you just HAD to say something like that...dint you...lol
smh (affectionately ) you couldn't leave well enough alone

naaahhh here ..we must diverge....on that particular sentiment
respctfully Sister Trenise:grin:

All joking aside..what a lovely sister you are
and a blessing to us

Shimmie...direct and beautifully said...

Blossom is so funny...I was LAFFIN over here
on the East coast...

I, too,following N&W's example.. exit,this here thread

Last edited:

hurricane

When I first began my nursing career, I was embarrased and humilated because of what I did not know. There were others who had knowledge and they used it against me. I was angry and hurt. Mostly angry. Very angry. Every chance they got they would embarass me. You know what I did? I bought a book that specialized in that area that I was working in. I read it, memorized it, and knew it for myself. That which I didn't know I said I didn't know that and thank you.

You have access to the book ( the Bible ), read it, memorize it, apply it. I still need correction. I don't know everything but I thank God that I can read it for myself. Knowing the word equips you for any and everything. Keep ya head up.