Why Did God Answer Hannah's Prayer?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Because....

She 'Asked'...

No other reason, no more she had to do, no money given, no bribes, all she did was .... 'Ask' of the Lord and He gave her a son... 'Samuel'.

Hannah was asking every year and she did do more than ask when her prayer was answered. I believe a lot of times when you ask amiss (with the wrong motives and attitude) is when your prayers are unanswered or delayed. I also think that Hannah wanted a baby to get back at Peninah at first. But in her time of brokenness, it put things in proper perspective!

And as he did so year by year, when she went up to the house of the Lord, so she provoked her; therefore she wept, and did not eat. (1 Samuel 1:7 KJV)

I have studied this so many times because I find myself in Hannah's shoes. In her time of brokenness and sorrow, she not only prayed but made a promise to give her son back to God!!!!!
We know who Samuel is. A great priest, prophet and leader. But who are Peninah's kids. When we give what we DESPERATELY pray for out of our broken heart back to God, we glorify Him!

And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the Lord, and wept sore. And she vowed a vow, and said, O Lord of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the Lord all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head. (1 Samuel 1:10, 11 KJV)

So I learned from Hannah is to not pray for something to silence your enemy. Pray with your heart even though it may be broken. Be specific and give it ALL back to God! Honor your promise. Do the work, in this case, sex, to fulfill the promise! Don't rub it in your enemy's face. Give God the Glory! Know that God's will and timing is not our own but it is PERFECT! Samuel was not a Levite but God ordained him to be a Priest and Prophet. God loves to use products of our brokenness!

I'm experiencing my time of brokenness at the moment. But I know God has a plan and a good one at that!

Blessings and thanks for starting this thread!

Hannah was asking every year and she did do more than ask when her prayer was answered. I believe a lot of times when you ask amiss (with the wrong motives and attitude) is when your prayers are unanswered or delayed. I also think that Hannah wanted a baby to get back at Peninah at first. But in her time of brokenness, it put things in proper perspective!

And as he did so year by year, when she went up to the house of the Lord, so she provoked her; therefore she wept, and did not eat. (1 Samuel 1:7 KJV)

I have studied this so many times because I find myself in Hannah's shoes. In her time of brokenness and sorrow, she not only prayed but made a promise to give her son back to God!!!!!
We know who Samuel is. A great priest, prophet and leader. But who are Peninah's kids. When we give what we DESPERATELY pray for out of our broken heart back to God, we glorify Him!

And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the Lord, and wept sore. And she vowed a vow, and said, O Lord of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the Lord all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head. (1 Samuel 1:10, 11 KJV)

So I learned from Hannah is to not pray for something to silence your enemy. Pray with your heart even though it may be broken. Be specific and give it ALL back to God! Honor your promise. Do the work, in this case, sex, to fulfill the promise! Don't rub it in your enemy's face. Give God the Glory! Know that God's will and timing is not our own but it is PERFECT! Samuel was not a Levite but God ordained him to be a Priest and Prophet. God loves to use products of our brokenness!

I'm experiencing my time of brokenness at the moment. But I know God has a plan and a good one at that!

Blessings and thanks for starting this thread!

bebezazueta :welcome3:

Your message is amazing. Thank you for sharing the heart of God with us.

Thanks for pulling it out of me!

I need to be reminded that the FRUIT of this brokenness will be a vessel in God's hands to minister to the nations!

Now you done started a PRAISE in me for what's to come! And I'm at work. To the parking lot I go. LOL!

Thanks for pulling it out of me!

I need to be reminded that the FRUIT of this brokenness will be a vessel in God's hands to minister to the nations!

Now you done started a PRAISE in me for what's to come! And I'm at work. To the parking lot I go. LOL!

Praise God...your words: "The Fruit of Brokenness will be a vessel in God's Hands to Minister to the Nations."

He puts poor people on their feet again; he rekindles burned-out lives with fresh hope, restoring dignity and respect to their lives— a place in the sun!

Thank you, for flowing with the Holy Spirit. You confirmed tonight's scripture from 1 Samuel 2:1-10, that I posted a little earlier in the Prayer Line thread for tonight's devotions.

You've brought forth, 'Recognition'... that God is.

bebezazueta ... Thank you so much for this. :grouphug2:

I LOVE the story of Hannah. She was an awesome example of a woman of faith and I think Mary certainly remembered Hannah's prayer of praise when she proclaimed that her soul magnifies the Lord.

Something interesting in this story is that God closed Hannah's womb. But at the appointed time, He opened it. I believe that there are some things in my life that are destined to happen, but I have no idea on the timeline. But Hannah's story reminds me to keep the faith.

Back